“Urine (possibly) on hotel bathroom seat”

Ace Hotel London Shoreditch
Ranked #328 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Urine (possibly) on hotel bathroom seat”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Having checked in early, my wife and I dropped our luggage in our room and headed out.
Upon our arrival back to our room, I noticed what I assumed were dried urine drops on the front, top of the toilet seat.
I didn't want to upset my wife and attempt to get a different room at 11pm so I decided to wipe the seat and not mention it.
The next day, I emailed ACE Hotel to alert them to this issue. This was ONE WEEK ago. I have had no response.
One might expect this in a cheap hostel but not in an expensive London hotel.
Whilst this is not a major issue, I feel that their lack of response shows a lack of customer service and I will not be staying at any ACE hotel again.
Very disappointing.
Mr Duff

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bead O
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Mr Duff,
Thank you for your review, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel as well as communicate to us via email.

I am disappointed that the team did not respond in a timely manner as your email should have been responded to within 24 hours which is standard practice. I have spoken with the team to ensure that this is not repeated.

I have responded to you directly and I do hope that I will hear from you in the near future.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have the immense pleasure of staying at the Ace London for a third time this past May. The main feature that keeps me coming back time and time again is the excellent service they provide. The service good and they are effortlessly nice and polite.
I stayed there to celebrate my 40th birthday and I am glad to report that it was the right decision. It might sound like a cliche but the "people of the Ace" will make you feel right at home. Provided that you feel happy at home!
Ace London people, do not believe the hype! Stay cool, nice and collected and I will make sure to tell everyone I know how great your hotel is.

P.S: Would you consider developing a "Frequent Client" program?

Room Tip: Ask, nicely, for a room overlooking Shoreditch High Street
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hey,

Wow you have stayed with us 3 times while in May! Its so nice to read! I will also let the staff know that you really like their service. in regards to the Frequent Client program, I will pass this onto our head office and see what they have to say.

Every time you come please ask with the reception if they know any thing about this.

Take Care,

The Ace Family xoxo
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

As a guest in this hotel Just last weekend I can highly recommend it. From when we checked in I knew the service would be impeccable. The receptionist was keen to introduce the hotel and it's ethos...which I must say was spot on! The room was amazing, having your own guitar in the room was something I have never had before! The brunch was spectacular...a quartet playing current "rock n roll" music was a nice touch! The customer service was second to none and all waiters and waitresses were polite and very personable.
Having a built in after hours bar and club under the club where we could sip bubbles until the early hours was also a bonus!
All in all I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Being cool is now a lifestyle at the Ace Hotel. Very well done.

Room Tip: Deluxe double all the way
Hey,

Many thanks for your comments! I will be speaking with the front office team and will let them know that they did good!

Its also nice to read that you like our outlets and enjoyed spending time in them. We are hoping that one day you will return.

Many Thanks, The Ace family xoxo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Normally I cannot be bothered to leave a review but the Ace Hotel warrants this change. It had all the normal characteristics of a top hotel but it was the friendliness of the staff which makes me write this. Its really nice to see people who actually like doing there jobs and helping others. Love Shoreditch and love the staff at Ace hotel even more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Wow! What a great comment...We also love Shoreditch and so we salute your comment that we the Ace are also great!

You know where to stay on your next adventure to Shoreditch!!

xoxo
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've just spent two nights at this hotel and I was so impressed. The staff, the atmostphere, the food, rooms and overall vibe of the place was top end. I will definately be going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
The title says it all! Thanks for the lovely comments.

The Ace Team xoxox
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We, a group of 8 stayed at the Ace hotel Shoreditch for the weekend recently.
We had a great stay. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel itself is cool but comfortably so. Great decor and design. Really loved it and will defo be returning in the future and Shoreditch is great too. Great stay,great staff,great hotel :) great food too ACE..

1 Thank 995Jules123
Hey,

This review will be music to the design teams hears/eyes!! Its also nice to read that you liked the staff and so I pass this information onto them.

Please do come back!

xoxo
Cresskill, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed in ACE hotel three nights on a business event in June. Staff excels in being nice! Especially for UK standards! Opening the door when you come in, trying to help out with any question we had. Coffee bar serves excellent coffee and the breakfast is wonderful, their recipe for homemade granola was a secret, I would have killed for it! Gym is quite small, but has everything you need. Very close to the subway, trendy restaurants and shops all around. Great place to stay when you want something out of the ordinary.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Aske_f
Hey,

Many thanks for the lovely review, its so nice to read that you liked the staff here at Ace London and that they made you feel at home.

Please do come back and stay,

Love the Ace Team xoxo