Seven Dials Hotel
US$259
US$225
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscovent gardenmonmouth streetneal streetneal's yardthe main hotelno elevatorannex buildingtriple roomleicester squaresmall tvnarrow staircasewest endgoing to the theatresingle bedamazing locationrooms are smalltea and coffee
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My daughter and I have stayed here several times when going to a west end theater. 'We are Jersey Boys fans' It is small but always clean and welcoming, The staff are friendly the price is reasonable for the centre of theatreland. The breakfast room is often full but the staff always cook extra portions with no problems. I love this little hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room for three, even if there are only two of you. Ask for a room on the first floor if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank liz h
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Seven Dials Hotel on Monmouth Street in London has an excellent location, in the heart of the theater district, and is situated on a quite street with some nice shops. The family that runs the hotel was friendly and helpful. However, the room that we had was very, very small and was rather dark inside (needed more lighting) with a very plain and dull interior. It was hard to "squeeze" into the bathroom and we are not large people. We have stayed in many different hotels in a number of different European countries and this hotel had the worst breakfast that we have ever experienced --- dirty tables, cold toast, cold bacon and sausage (probably leftovers), etc. The breakfast sitting area was in the cellar and very small. This hotel is definitely overpriced and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: No lift and the stairway is very narrow so I would not recommend a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Birdy400401
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Pros: convenient location; helpful staff; reasonable price.
Cons: lots of street noise; no elevator, narrow stairs

London is an expensive city, and the Seven Dials Hotel is reasonably priced, and while not a "quality" hotel, it is clean, convenient, and acceptable. The staff go out of their way to be helpful [they schlepped our luggage upstairs and downstairs for us and wouldn't accept a tip for doing so, etc.]. Within walking distance of Leicester Square, a couple of blocks from the Covent Garden tube station, very convenient location.

The bathroom was small, but clean and lots of hot water. The breakfast buffet is so-so. We recommend requesting a room away from the Monmouth Street side: the traffic noise continues all night.

We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Monmouth Street side -- the street has traffic noise all night. There is no elevator, and the steps are narrow and step -- if climbing is a problem, request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is cheap for London and no wonder. My ensuite double room lacked a toilet! The receptionist explained the toilet was in the corridor and only for my use.

The room was so small you couldn't order an iron because there was physically not the room to put it on the floor. The room looked even smaller when I took the hairdryer out to use. A shabby room with shabby furniture. Even youth hostel guests would look down on this one.

If you want breakfast go early and be prepared for a wait. A long wait. The breakfast room is far too small for the number of rooms. I had a meeting to go to so waited for about 15 minutes for a table alone but had to give up. There were people still waiting ahead of me.

It's is cheap. My advice is beg, borrow or steal to find another hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Partying666
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I went there for an anniversary break sans kids! From the outset, when I called to ask something, the lady I spoke to was extremely helpful. As I told her it was for our anniversary, she explained that the hotel was not at all fancy and was I sure that I wanted that for an anniversary stay. Well that honesty and integrity had me hooked! I basically said that at long as the room was clean and had an en suite and the breakfast was good, that was all we needed - we didn't intend to be in there very long anyway.

The room was spotless - the white sheets nearly hurt your eyes they were so clean. It was small but Travel Lodge standards and I understand it wasn't the smallest, but we were prepared so in actual fact were pleasantly surprised. The en suite was spotless too, with beautiful white towels.
The bed was very comfortable, and the TV, hairdryer and kettle all worked!
The breakfast was a buffet full English, which was refilled continuously.

The staff are so friendly and cheerful not matter what time of the day or night.

I was unlucky enough to have a tummy bug on the last night/morning and they were happy to let me stay in the room for longer than usual leaving time until it settled down.
As has been said it is right in the middle of where you want to be for theatre land. It was a ten minute walk from Warhorse and 5 from We Will Rock You. Matilda is at the end of the road and Jersey Boys not much further!
There are loads of restaurants in the same road, Italian, French, Hotel Chocolat....... honestly, you'll never starve!! It really reminded us of staying in Paris!

We had a double en suite with Breakfast for £105 a night. (At the back of the hotel for a quiet nights sleep). We have also found out they have an annex which has some family rooms for, at the time of writing this, £155 per night B&B.

If you want to be 'where it's all that' and can go for an small, character hotel with lovely helpful staff - then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room so it is not noisy. The view isn't great but it's virtually silent at night!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple