“Cosy and Friendly”

Ranked #697 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cosy and Friendly”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We only stayed 1 night for a Theatre Break but found this Hotel extremely central and reasonably priced for our purposes. The staff were extremely helpful and allowed us to leave our cases in the room before the cleaner arrived. The room itself was quite large and on the first floor and as we were at the back of the hotel, it was extremely quiet. Everything was fresh and clean and the ensuite had a glorious large shower. Yes, the stairs are very narrow, but we only had smallish cases so they weren't really a problem - larger cases however would be more of a scramble, especially if climbing to higher floors. The basement breakfast room is quite cosy with an adequate full english on offer - not so much of yoghurts and fruits etc if that is more your style, but we thoroughly enjoyed our cooked preference anyway. An ideal site if you want to be central for theatres and shops in general and we will certainly be returning in the future.

Room Tip: If you like it quiet then definitely ask for a room at the back - we could have heard a pin drop fro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank eclizzie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Turkish first
Motueka New Zealand
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When we found our room up a very narrow stairway, we thought it was a wardrobe but no this tiny room was so smal getting our limmited ammount of luggage and ourselves into this tight space was a work of contortion. The shower and toilet were good. The staff were very friendly and a solid full English breakast was part of the deal. The location in Covent Gardens is an excellent sitation.But a hotel such as this I feel is capitalising on their location and overpricing.

Room Tip: There are Large Hotels in the area now charging a little more, check these out before booking this h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RogerQ992
Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic. I have stayed in a lot of different places in London (bottom and top end) and generally speaking, you get what you pay for. So I was a bit hesitant when I found Seven Dials at such a reasonable price. I was v pleasantly surprised. My friend and I stayed in the 'family room'. Double and a single bed with plenty of floor space (v unusual in London!) and a cosy ensuite : ) the room was fresh, clean and looked recently renovated. Located on 3rd floor (no lift and tight stairwell) made carting luggage tricky. Breakkie pretty basic. But otherwise, this place is in great location (esp if you intend to go to some shows). Would stay there again in a flash! Go to Bill's for breakkie and/or lunch! It's awesome!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank KandDAustralia
Wurenlos, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a 4 day stay at the Seven Dials Hotel and once again it was great. We had room nr•12, which was big enough for the 2 of us! You have all the comfort but just on a smaller scale! The hotel is located in the coolest and nicest area of the city. You are only a 5 minute walk away from Leicester Square and Covent Garden. You can shop till you drop, enjoy great food and drinks, meet awesome people,... I would recommend it to everyone! This is the best!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sophietje
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent position in the very heart of London. A few steps from Covent Garden and Shaftesbury Avenue.
The rooms are small but clean and tidy, breakfast is good and satisfactory. Mind the steps! There is no lift, so it can be hard to carry your luggage to the top floor. However, it is a good hotel and one of the best I found in London.

Room Tip: The bathroom of the ground floor is larger than the others.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria L
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I knew the Seven Dials B&B wasn't going to be the most fancy of places to stay... and it wasn't! But it was in the perfect location for London theatreland & everything I needed for just the one evening when I knew I might return from a late night out a little worse for wear & not caring about the niceties you might find in more swanky establishments! Most importantly, the bathroom & bedding was clean (although the bedspread which covered the bed had seen better days & some of the fixtures & fittings were a little shabby)... but it WAS clean & I would probably stay again if the purpose of my trip was for another late night on the lash!!!

When I first entered my single room, I was dismayed to find that it smelled of the previous occupants' stale sweat... luckily, almost straight after checking in, I went out to meet my friends for a night at the theatre, so I had the opportunity to open a window and leave the bathroom fan switched on while I was out that evening... the room simply needed to be aired. I guess a little air freshener wouldn't go amiss here!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TraceTravels
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed at the seven dials hotel in march. A very pleasant couple greeted us on arrival and asked if we would like an up grade at no extra cost in the annex which was in a separate building a couple of streets away in endell street. It was easy to find ,on the third floor,though you have to negotiate a narrow stairway,but that wasn't a problem for us,but might be for those with mobility difficulties,as there is no lift. We were pleasantly surprised to find a large room with a small double bed and 2 singles,a wardrobe,a desk,a couple of chairs and a kettle with tea and coffee.The bathroom was very small but worked perfectly well. Everything was clean and we slept well. Breakfast was back at the main hotel in a small dining room in the basement,breakfast was self service and limited due to space but what was on offer was cooked well and set us up for the day. Only stayed one night but would happily stay again, it's handy for covent garden,the west end,oxford street,etc

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple