“Awful with no blinds on that worked on the bedroom window.”

Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose
Ranked #339 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Awful with no blinds on that worked on the bedroom window.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I would avoid this hotel next time. When we checked in to the family suite, the room only had beds for three and not four. After waiting to get the room swapped, the blind in the bedroom would not work and the bathroom had mould in it. We raised this with reception to be told they would speak with the manager the next morning. Nothing was done and we had no privacy in the bedroom all weekend. On the first night we went to the restaurant to be told they don't have a children's menu. Why have a hotel that takes children to not cater for them. We could connect to the Wifi that we paid for, but the speeds are to slow to do anything with it, so we just used our phones. When I got home, I phoned and e-mailed to complain and I am still waiting for a reply today. I would not stay in another Accord group hotel ever again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Keiran, Thank you for posting your thought on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read that you were not happy with your stay with us but please rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 020 70151480 or email me on h7465-gm@accor.com to discuss this further. Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

what a fantastic hotel. loved every minute of it. nothing bad to say. fantastic value. close to two train stations and within easy walking distance to all attractions. great food places within a 20 min walk. will definitely stay here again. had an awesome time

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Debbie, Thank you very much for such a nice review following your recent stay at Ibis Styles Southwark Rose Hotel. All the team is glad to read that you had an awsome time and we all look forward to welcoming you back.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel was a bit further away than I would have liked, but it was worth the walk.
Staff were friendly and hotel was well presented.
The room was big and had everything I needed. Bathroom was also large, however the shower was small.
Breakfast was continental, and a bit cheap and chearful, but not too bad.
Downside was there was no express checkout and there was a long wait.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so Much for the nice review you posted here. We hope to welcome you back again soon to Ibis Styles Southwark Rose Hotel. Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah
Liverpool
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed here for one night on business.
Modern, brightly coloured hotel (slightly too much bright orange in my room, but OK for one night) good bathroom with great shower, free WiFi throughout the hotel,5 minute walk from London Bridge Tube station, and slightly more from Borough, it's in a good location for anywhere South of the river.
I ate dinner in the restaurant which I found to be great value for money for a hotel, and especially a hotel in London. The staff were really lovely, very polite and attentive, my only comment is that they made quite a big thing about the restaurant being very busy, when there were in fact only 5 tables in use, and 3 of them had only one person eating! Breakfast is continental, with lots of choice of meat, cheese, fruit cereal, toast etc. Staff again were helpful and friendly. I will use again next time I'm in South London.

Room Tip: I was in a room at the back of the hotel which was very quiet. The front is on Southwark Bridge Road...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear reviewer, My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking for your next visit to London!
Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah
PS: we are in the process of changing the carpets and the new room look really good!!
Bangor.N Ireland
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here in 2011 and returned on the strength of our experience then,but were a little disappointed by our recent stay. The place seemed a liitle tired. The rooms were pokey- very well designed but small;the air-conditioning noisy and the staff rather indifferent. The breakfast was adequate,but overcrowded;becoming rather like a bun fight . We had to eat at a breakfast bar on high stools or wait for a lengthy period till a table became free. We chose the former as we had an appointment to get to.
The bathroom is small with a shower and 'hair and body shampoo' in a squeezy bottle.
The location is good; close to the tube and all the attractions of the south bank.
Would we return ? Maybe, but not for a lengthy stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear reviewer, I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations. The team and I at Ibis Styles Souhwark Rose appreciate your feedback. The breakfast can be very busy especially at the week ends, and we always suggest to our guests to arrive a bit early or later to avoid the pick time. I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back.
Kind regards, General Manager
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This isn't a bad hotel, but it's not great either. Location is ok for tube access, is perfectly clean however is very cold, noisy and not especially well run. I may have gotten unlucky with staff as it doesn't appear to be a common theme from other reviews but while I was there it seemed to be almost exclusively staffed with people who were new and really didn't know what they were doing, this wasn't one person it was 3 out of 4 hotel staff I interacted with which lead to very poor / clunky service. For what it charges I wouldnt expect anything excellent but I would expect better basics.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear reviewer, I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis Styles Southwark Rose Hotel. I am personally looking into this as I have only 1 new staff and we should have been able to help you with your requests. I can assure you that I will address your concerns and I really hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back.