Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose
US$288
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$216
  • Breakfast included
US$277
US$229
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
Doubletree
US$242
Rubens Hotel
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$131
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$169
US$475
  • Pool
1,983 results
All reviewsborough marketglobe theatrecontinental breakfastsouth banktate moderncold meatsquirky hotelmillennium bridgeyogurtfree wifiboiled eggsshower headreception deskshort walkreception areapubs and restaurantsfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The London ibis is a central hotel, in a business district. Close to the Thames river and easy to navigate your way around. The room is average but clean and neat. Toilet and shower with basic facilities like a hair dryer and kettle. No toiletries so bring your own. My suitcase lock got jammed on my inbound flight but the concierge disinterested in assisting in any way.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your comments, I am glad you have liked the Ibis Styles southwark Rose location and found the room clean and neat. I am also sorry to read that you had issued with luggage at the airport however as an economy property we do not have concierge at the hotel but would have hoped that the receptionist would have helped to try to resolve it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and corrective action will be taken to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you and kind regards, Nawel Benrabah

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent suite with refrigerator microwave sink and Nepresso coffee machine. It was worth the extra cost to have so much space and two separate rooms. We had a room in the back which was quite and had an amazing view of the Shard right outside the window. Plenty of plugs for charging and even an iPod player. The bathroom was great as well. Really large and the shower was big with a shower head that lit up and changed colors so that was kinda fun and relaxing. The breakfast was delicious and you had plenty of choices. The only weird part for me was the towel! They only have large bath towels, No hand towels and no washclothes and no kitchen towels.
When I asked for more they brought plenty but all big towels. I want hand towels so I think they should think about adding these. Everything else was great and my favorite part was the makeup area with mirror and hair dryer. It flipped open and you had a large mirror to sit and put on your markup and do your hair outside of the bathroom. Wonderful idea!!! Every hotel should do this.
I would stay hear again In a heartbeat. Front desk help didn't speak English as well as I hoped in England and didn't know the answers to many of my questions about the room features, but they always went to the manager and got an answer for me. Decorated very nicely and fun colors.

Room Tip: We only had to pay a little extra to get the suite and we had a separate bedroom a small kitchen with Nepresso machine microwave and refrigerator & sink. The sofa bed was comfortable but not as good as the bed of coarse but so much extra room. We had a room in the back which was quite and had a view of the Shard. Worth the extra amount.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear reviewer,
Thank you very and very much for these nice comments you have posted. It is great to read that you have enjoyed the suite you stayed in, they are spacious rooms and I do agree that they have everything you need for a relaxing stay!. I was disappointed that you felt that the standard of English amongst staff, especially those on Reception was unacceptable. Whilst we are a multi-national company that employs staff from a diverse range of backgrounds, it is a requirement that all front desk staff have a certain level of fluency in English. We will review the hotel recruitment policies to ensure this requirement is more closely met. Many thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Firstly I was greeted by a man who insisted that I didn't have a booking I clearly spelt out my name to him, however only when I went through the whole of my bag and had to queue again and show him my booking in black and white did he find my booking. His response was simply that because I have a double barrel name he didn't know to put the hyphen in. When I told him I had previously explained that there was a hyphen, there was no apology he just implied that I had a daft name.

There is one toilet for the whole of the hotel, so if you're in the bar/restaurant etc, you have to wait for this one or go to your room, and it's not overly clean. Location is good and makes up for some downfalls.

Our twin room was tiny, there was literally inches between the twin beds, and the beds themselves are so small, the bathroom was nice but the room was very small that once you have a case there isn't much room to get around, hence why I tripped over.

Then the breakfast was mediocre, some bread and a minimal amounts of meat and fruit, there was hardly any choice and there was no table service or warm greeting. Simply barely a 3-star, over-priced, small hotel.

Room Tip: Stop somewhere else?
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 3tishtash3
Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear reviwer, Thank you for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations. The team and I at Ibis Styles appreciate your feedback, and we will look at how to improve and address the issue. Please feel free to call me on 020 70151480 or email me on h7465-gm@accor.com to discuss further.
Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah, General Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2014

A weekend in London, just along the river from the Globe theatre; Tate Modern, The OXO tower and all the stuff along the south Bank. The Southwark Rose is the perfect place to stay. Good value with a clean and tidy room, as spacious as you need for a few days. Good breakfast fare (they will cook you a full English if asked). We also eat in the resturant in the evening and it was very nice. The bar and waiting staff were delightful. There is even a car park if you want to drive into town.
All in all an excellent place and good value.

Room Tip: The receptionist said she would put us in a quiet room. It was quiet as it was away from the main road at the front but in the early morning we could hear all the cars moving in the car park. So be aware the quiet room is only quiet for part of the day.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grjones42

Dear reviewer,
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and even happier when they are a positive ones! We are so happy to read you have found the rooms clean, the team friendly and helpful and loved the hotel location. My team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Styles Southwark Rose and I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for several days while on business nearby in London. Staff were very pleasant and friendly, the room was nice and spacious, clean and well maintained, view onto Southwark Bridge road was also quite nice, being able to see the city from my room, but it was quiet enough to get a good nights sleep.
The food was very nice for the price paid, and when I enquired about room service (a service they don't provide) a member of staff took the time to bring the food up to my room, stating she was happy to do it. That was a very nice touch. Overall, the Ibis is a good quality hotel, with exceptionally friendly staff who are willing to go that extra mile to ensure you have a pleasant stay. Very pleased!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Johnny M

Dear Johnny M,
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Styles Southwark Rose Hotel again very soon.