The New Inn B&B
US$308
US$285
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsst john's woodregents parkprimrose hilllords cricket groundhigh streetbig hotel chainshort walkcomfortable staycentral londoncamdennoisetuberoundhousepubswembleymidnight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We ate on a Friday night, having come down on the train that evening. My friend had booked. Very welcoming owner and friendly staff. Stowed our bags in the back room for us. Had the house wine, which was lovely and reasonably priced. The food was great, good sized portions. Nothing to complain about. As I say the owner could not have been friendlier, even moved some guests of his to a different table as my friend fancied that one!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very pleasant stay we were made very welcome. Room was a little on the small side but shower room was quite large. Good standard of decor and very clean which is all we expected at the price. The "gastro" pup serves very good food at a reasonable price. The situation is very pleasant in the back streets of St Johns Wood, about a 10 min walk from the underground. It is a short walk to the canal at Regents Park and we enjoyed the walk along the canal to Camden Lock market, (about 20 mins away).
All in all a good place to stay. Just a word of caution, there is loud background music from the bar but it finishes at 11.00pm, so if you want an early night it could be a problem.
I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear if you want a quieter room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

So it doesn't get much simpler than this: one cheeseburger please and one plain grilled sea -bass with new potatoes ( at the exorbitant price of £25.95 for the sea bass alone).
The "plain" grilled small fillet of sea bass came smothered in soy sauce making it far too salty and thereby inedible. The new potatoes had been sauteed for some reason and were greasy and unseasoned. The dish was accompanied with blanched unseasoned mushrooms and capers!! and a lump of rocket with no seasoning thrown on the plate.
I should have guessed when I asked for my burger to be cooked medium rare and was told " that could be a problem because of the law"!!!. The burger amounted to a huge lump of unseasoned totally overcooked cheep mince that had clearly been reheated. I had asked for a plain cheeseburger and yet it arrived smothered in a sickly salsa sauce. A Big Mac would have been preferable!
They graciously knocked 50% off the bill. Lucky for them I wasn't paying as I would have refused to pay for anything other than the drinks!
It takes more than a nice bit of decor to turn a pub into a gastropub. I would suggest they might try employing a chef for starters. Failing that I would be happy to spend time in the kitchen and show them how to make and cook a burger and how to cook a piece of sea bass. It ain't rocket science!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Charles B
Nick T, Owner at The New Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

As always you can't please everybody. This gentleman was no gentleman and even embarrassed his sweet female lunch guest who walked out in the end in disgust! We always make an extra special effort with anyone having a bad day but in this case it didn't work and he even found time to slate us on tripadvisor... What a shame! We have actually been shortlisted for one of the best burgers in the UK and never has complaints before. You live and learn. Please read our other reviews for a true depiction of the new inn. Thanks

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay here after seeing Nick Tyrie on 'Four In A Bed' and it was a lovely experience altogether! We were made to feel very welcome by Nick Tyrie and his staff. The food is great. The atmosphere is always warm and welcoming. And on Sunday we had an amazing Sunday Roast with very good live jazz band playing. We will definitely return to stay here. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Fabulous hotel. Atmosphere is brilliant, rooms are clean, modern and very comfortable beds. And the all the staff made you feel very welcome. Not for those of you who want to sleep early as above the brilliant gastro pub so music on beneath. Highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business