The Harry Potter London Tour by Discovery Tours
Ranked #104 of 751 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The Harry Potter London Tour is a free DIY walking/tube tour that visitors and Londoners can use to visit the London locations that have featured in the Harry Potter films. Written by author and Blue Badge London Tourist guide Richard Jones, it is a step by step guide that takes participants all over London. The tour is also laid out as a treasure hunt and can be used as to visit other attractions passed en route.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Tim/ tom? Was excellent and gave extra info and personality throughout. I loved the boat and the food market

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"magical experience"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was a fantastic excursion. We happened to arrive an hour early and they allowed us in with the earlier group. Everything is laid out so perfectly, The guides are fun and helpful. There are hands on things for the kids. Great photo opportunities. This was expensive, but worth it.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

What to say? From the moment we arrived, the staff made us welcome, we queued for about 20 minutes before starting the tour - don't worry, no spoilers here!
The your was a short guided part, before you could round at your own speed.
Every bit of this tour was superb! I was with my companion who is a massive HP fan, I on the other hand love the movies and the process that goes into making them. Interesting, exciting, detailed, fun, there aren't enough words to describe!
We took our cameras, my advice, make sure you have enough batteries!! We probably took 1000+ pictures!
In conclusion, go, don't even think about it, book it! You won't regret it! A great day out!!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We all loved it - teens especially. I could not get into the books or the movies and did not think I would like it - simply amazing and informative - loved it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2014

If you are a Harry Potter fan, this is the one for you. The tour takes about 3 hours to complete and is mostly not guided. The first half of the tour shows you the actual film sets and the props made for all of the films. You get the chance to have photos done which you can purchase and these are about £12 each. You are then taken to an outside area with the bridge used in the film and the house that Harry lived in when not at Hogwarts. This is where you get the chance to try Butter Beer, this is a must ...... You then go into the second half f the tour which takes you into how the props, creatures and buildings were created. The kids are given a passport on entry of the tour and this keeps them amused, they have to find hidden quiddages and secret stamps. I not spoil the end of the tour but you have an amazing finale which blew me away. Only negative I can think of is the shop is really expensive