“Great fish & chips”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here on our first night in London. The pub itself is really nice, and we luckily got there before the kitchen closed (which is around 9.15pm). We ordered a fish and chips and it was so good. I loved the mashed peas and the sauce, and the fish was perfect. I'd totall and recommend it.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Came here with my family based upon the tripadvisor reviews. Most of the time tripadvisor seems to have it spot on, this is not one of those occasions.

Everything about this place is average, the food was no different to a Wetherspoons, the decor no different to an O'neills and the service the same at any other non descript restaurant. We felt very underwhelmed about the whole experience. Maybe if you are popping in for a pint, this place would be fine, but it is not worth four stars, especially for food.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My mom and I went there mostly out of convenience of it being near the hotel we were staying at but we were delighted to find that it was a local filled pub and the food was all incredibly traditional. It was an enjoyable visit and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a good dinner at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Last night in London for a girls' week. Walking distance from our hotel. Great last meal, Fish and Chips were excellent. Fun atmosphere. We apparently were a bit loud (you know how boisterous middle age women can be!) so the owner came over to talk to us. Very nice, fun guy. Joked with us and made us feel at home. Nice pub...would go there again.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I just wanted to say 'Thank You' to Gary and his team at The Monkey Puzzle.

I arranged a casual engagement party for my friends and family on Saturday afernoon, and it was fantastic. The sharing platters of food were just right, and the service was the most relaxed and friendliest I have experienced in London.

Gary suggested we take our own bubbly for a toast (which saved us a small fortune) and also arranged for the chef to start early in order to accomodate us, as the fhe food menu usually starts later in the day.

Later in to the evening, there were requests for coffee which were served up for free, (as these were off the menu too). Nothing was too much trouble.