“Group curry”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: near London Bridge
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Food was good, service was good. Probably not a place for a romantic curry for two but enjoyed the group booking we had there.

1  Thank Robert P

Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

After a disastrous meal at another se1 curry house last weekend we were delighted to dis over this great little place. Tasty food, reasonably priced and BYO.
Friendly, efficient service, they don't charge corkage but are happy to provide glasses and openers.
Really pleased to find somewhere local that offers excellent value and service!

1  Thank seangriffin
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We entered this cramped, uncomfortably humid little restaurant at 9pm on a Friday. We were immediately targeted by no less than 3 separate waiters, and I had to twice explain our drinks order. The confusion was alarming but we decided to plough on. The ubiquitous popadoms and pickles wee followed by a very dry and mediocre chicken tikka starter which left my companion disappointed. Main courses arrived too quickly to have been freshly prepared and my lamb biryani was dry and unadventurous. My friend’s lamb curry was drab and lazy. I was reasonably unhappy with the food, but what we found more galling was the service. We were asked twice to move our table to accommodate even more dinners, and our foolish waiter seemed incapable of comprehension. Now I know Indian/Asian gaffs are renowned for their often comically inept service levels, and whilst it used to be true to say that this was part of the charm of dinning out in the 80’s, expectations have moved on. The staff are simply incompetent and lack the understanding of what service is. A very poor show.

Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

The food at cafe nawaz is very good. Good size portions, tasty and good service. I live nearby and I always order from here when I want a curry. Good prawn dishes and naans.

1  Thank KateLondon_9
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I visited Cafe Nawaz with my wife and daughter and really enjoyed my delicious chicken tikka, chicken vindaloo, Bombay aloo and bhindi. The service was excellent and the environment was very modern and clean. Also this restaurant is BYO and does not charge corkage.

1  Thank Bill R