“Just Okay”

Holiday Inn London - Stratford City
Ranked #127 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Located right in the Stratford City Mall, so food and getting around is never a problem. A great view and comfortable lounge and restaurant.

The bed was uncomfortable. We can hear noises from other rooms, kids jumping and running around. This Holiday Inn was a downgrade compared to other Holiday Inns I've stayed in worldwide. I also requested a room with two seperate beds but this was never done and I even told the staff at front desk they said no problem, but when I got to the room there was only one bed.

I may try another hotel next time. But okay hotel.

Room Tip: top floor, the 7th floor towards backside to get a view of Olympic Park and the tower.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Duty Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Margarita S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Stratford city.
We are sorry to hear about the problems you experienced during your stay.
Please accept our sincere apologies.

However, we are pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and that you enjoyed the location.

Holiday Inn team

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn London - Stratford City

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location next to the Olympic Park bar area has a lovely outside terrace with a view over the park where you can enjoy a relaxing beer or two!
Staff were up there with the best i have encountered all were efficient and very friendly they all appeared to enjoy their jobs (what a refreshing change)
Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Duty Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Stetcg,

Wow, thank you! thank you! for this great review 5 stars! We are all glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

It will be our pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent one night at this hotel. Fabulous location and only a 5 min walk from our eve event. Parking is brilliant and only cost us £5.00. Plenty of choice for food in the surrounding shopping precinct. Hotel is clean and modern and surpassed our expectation.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lane S,

This is a wonderful review from your stay. I am glad to hear that we surpassed your expectations.

We look forward you staying with us in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a very goof hotel in stratford. It is in an excellent position right in westfield and olympic park. Easy to find, easy to park in westfield for £5 per 24 hrs. Loads and loads of restaurants around. The hotel is obviously new and everything was working well. All the staff were very friendly and professional. Breakfast was very good for £10 per day. There is a little gym with a few machines in it. Wifi is free too. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever with this hotel. Depending on what's going off in London, I guess, the rates per night can vary quite a lot. I needed a two week stay, but the rates for my second week was just too expensive, so booked into the premier inn which is also in westfield and a bit cheaper. All-in-all, a very good stay.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room, then the noise from the shoppers and restaurant, cinema and casino goers belo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear 99Display_Name99,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are all smiling to know you have enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to you next stay in future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I spent 4 nights in this hotel and really, expectations were high! Average rating in tripadvisor: 4,45 and lot of favorable reviews. Last time, in January this year I stayed in Holiday Inn Commercial Road, it was also great hotel, only the location is not the best. This time it seemed better: near to big new shopping mall and very close to Stratford tube station.
Me and my girlfriend are the members of IHG Rewards Club. 3 months before trip, on the 17th of April I have sent e-mail to hotel with the next request: as we both have birthdays on this time (me - 26th, she 28th) I would like to ask, is it possible to get upgrading to room which has refrigerator without paying some extras? On the same time we prefer room on higher floor and with park view. I have got answer from Jihong Zhao, reservations agent: You are enquiring for high floor, park view and also complimentary upgrade. These enquiries will be subject to room availability on the day of arrival.
During check-in we were totally disappointed, cause girl in reception with Italian flag on chest hadn't heard nothing about that. She was very surprised that we are members of IHG Rewards Club. She could not find my name from member's list. I had to open mailbox in my iPad to find my membership number. After that we have got vouchers for free drink in hotel bar: glass of wine or beer. Upgrade to better room? Yes, if you want: room with the Park view, but you have to pay 15£ extra per night. I asked once again room with refrigerator, but no chance: hotel is full. Very hard to believe cause hotel is quit large and it didn't looked growded during breakfasts.
So we got room on the 7th floor, with casino-view. Room was stuffy and no chance to open the window. Air conditioner was too weak and it was really hot at night time. But, if you like to sleep in sauna and drink warm water when thirsty, I suggest the standard room in this hotel.
What else about standard room. TV is OK, but not with Apple-box in every room. There is old fashioned kettle with cheap instant coffee, 1 sort of tea, sugar and milk. Free wi-fi is good enough for reading e-mails and surfing in facebook, but very slow for downloading fresh newspapers. In bath room there is nice shower and bath tube, but only liquid shower gel on the wall. If you need something more, you have to ask from hotel stuff! Very strange solution for 4-star hotel. There is not special mirror and extra light for shaving. But: chairs in rooom are very comfortable. In my opinion these 2 chairs were one and only good thing in standard room. And night lamp in bathroom, of course.
Breakfast restaurant looks nice and you can sit on the terrace with the view to Olympic Park. Choice of food is normal, you can enjoy the full english breakfast. But: every morning 100% the same menu, boring.
They have also a little gym but not a swimming pool.
Location. You can use underground and overground and trains. If you arrived to Heathrow, it takes 1,5 hours to reach to hotel by using Piccadilly + Central (or Jubilee) lines, cause Stratford is lokated on the 3rd zone. To Piccadilly Circus 10 stops and it takes 30-40 min.
But: you have not to spend time in tubes cause there is a hugh Westfield shopping centre. There is 371 different stores from Hugo Boss and Armani to Primark and Westrose supermarket. If you walk over the railway bridge to Stratford city centre you will find an older shopping centre with 1-pound store, 99 cents shop and lot of cheap markets.
We spended a half of Sunday in Olympic park. There was a carneval, quit ridiculous, but park itself looks nice for strolling and having a picnic.
On Sunday evening I asked from a girl in reception, is it possible to order flowers to my girlfriend for next morning cause she had birthday. During the conversation I heard that there is a tradition, that hotel makes a little present to the birthday child: postcard and choice of chocolates. It was very nice and my girlfriend was happy, but... I had also birthday 2 days before and I've got nothing... I remind you that I am the member of IHG Rewards Club.
One more thing for explanation, why this hotel has got only 3 points from me. It is first time in my life when I see hotel where bicycles are allowed in lifts and probably in rooms. White dress of my girlfriend was tainted thanks to bicyclist in the same lift with us. No more comments.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenny W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear titterr

Thank you very much for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings and rest assured that this is certainly not the standard we are known for and proud of.

We have recently been recognised as the 3rd best Holiday Inn in the UK by our most valued guests which is a result for all the effort and commitment the entire team puts into their work.
It saddens me to hear that you felt you have been let down by the facilities and service of our hotel as this is most certainly not what we are known for and proud of as you can see from previous reviews. We therefore create an open atmosphere for our guests to contact any member of staff during their stay to ensure their time with us will be enjoyable and relaxing. It would not be possible to run such a successful hotel without the dedication of every member of staff as it is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued guests, instead offer a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Located next to a lively modern shopping mall and outdoor mall with food/drink, we had a pleasent stay. To be sure, given the size of London, there would be an advantage to staying closer to the heart of things. But overall for the price and great hotel we were quite satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear envprof,

Many thanks for your review it is very much appreciated. I am gald to hear you enjoyed your stay and Westfield Mall.

We look forward to seeing again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

London hotels are not cheap and one of the reasons we chose the Holiday Inn for our two night stay was value for money. We booked via Superbreak and the 2 night offer included breakfast both mornings and also evening meal on the first night.
It is a very modern hotel, located adjacent to the Westfield Shopping Centre in East London and just across from the Olympic Park. There are great transport links into central London, most notably via the Central or Jubilee Lines from Statford. This is a sizeable station so is a good 10+ minutes walk away by the time you have got through the station to the platform. You can also get a mainline train into St Pancras from the also adjacent Stratford International, a journey which I believe only takes about 5 mins on the actual train.
The inclusive evening meal was ok but instead of giving you a fixed allowance, you are actually restricted to a very limited choice on what I think was their Table D’hote menu. Breakfast was a fairly basic selection of hot and cold items but the quality was pretty good. On the second morning, the weather was really nice so we well able to eat outside. There are many restaurants located right outside the Hotel entrance so there is an excellent choice right on your doorstep.
Bedroom was nice. Window did not open which I would not normally like. However, the air conditioning/ventilation must be excellent as this was not a problem in the slightest. Although looking across to the Casino at the shopping centre opposite, we were not aware of any particular noise.
The only issue was on the final day, one of the 2 lifts was not working. The hotel is above shops so apart from the entrance is all on upper levels 3 to I think 8 (Staybridge Suites occupy all the higher levels above that). Reception itself is on the 3rd floor, 2 levels up from the entrance. This meant the only operating lift could bearly cope and long delays were experienced.
Overall, a really pleasant modern hotel in a good location in East London offering excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear PeteandRon,

I am pleased that you find Holiday Inn London – Stratford City a good and comfortable hotel, for which myself and the team are extremely proud of.

It is very regrettable that your stay was negatively affected due to one of the lifts being out of order. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced an do hope you'll choose to stay with us in the near future.

Warm Regards,