“Very good stay”

Holiday Inn London - Stratford City
Ranked #128 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here recently for one night on business. The reception and concierge staff were excellent and very helpful, giving me details of where in the car park would be closest to the hotel, how to get to my meeting the next day etc.

My room (603) was close to the lifts but we heard no noise at all from other guests or machinery. The bed was very comfortable, the lights, TV etc all worked and had clear instructions. I stayed in a wheelchair accessible room and I was impressed by the bathroom in particular that had been well thought out and designed to help disabled guests. Everything was clean, and apart from a crack in the glaze of the sink (which didn't bother me at all) seemed in perfect order. Just one note - the hand soap and shampoo are wall dispensed liquids rather than bottles, so if that bothers you, best to bring your own. The towels were really big and soft though! The room had air con, which was a little loud at the highest setting, but once I found the right temperature it kept it there comfortably overnight with minimal noise.

The hotel is just a couple of doors down from a row of restaurants - Wahaca, The Real Greek, Cabana etc, so I ate there rather than in the hotel. The hotel is in the Westfield shopping centre, so would be ideal for those who want to shop. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Duty Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Dear miranda2008,

Many thanks for your feedback and review and 5 stars!!!

We are no1 and are very happy that we have met all your expectations during your stay.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Clean modern hotel beside Westfield Shopping centre, excellent for those who are shopaholics, a nice afternoon/evening can be spent on the outdoor balcony bar sipping cocktails and looking over the Stratford/Olympic Park vista. Nice Friendly efficient staff, who mix excellent jugs of Long Island Iced Tea and Mohitos.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Duty Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear stugrmi,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are pleased to read your compliments about our staff and service and we are glad that you enjoyed your time in the area. As you mentioned, we are in the middle of the Westfield, the biggest shopping centre in Europe

We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It was nice that they recognised my platinum membership albeit I had to question a couple of times to remind them it would have been nice to be offered without having to ask!
I still give this hotel 4 stars that you to Petya who looked after me in the restaurant, and the lobby staff for making me feel welcome once we had sorted the room.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Keith B,

thank you for taking time to leave this feedback.

We usually try our best to upgrade the platinum members unfortunately it depends on the hotel availability.

We are pleased to read your nice comment about our staff.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My dad,sister and I stayed in this hotel mid-August 2014 for 1 week. Great location attached to the biggest shopping centre in Europe, very close to bus and train station for easy access around London. Great view of the Olympic stadium and onto shopping street below. Staff were very helpful, great choice for breakfast, free wifi and good gym. Very clean and comfortable hotel, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ciara G
Duty Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Ciara G,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Stratford City.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the hotel facilities.

We hope to welcome you again at Holiday Inn Stratford City.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Located right in the Stratford City Mall, so food and getting around is never a problem. A great view and comfortable lounge and restaurant.

The bed was uncomfortable. We can hear noises from other rooms, kids jumping and running around. This Holiday Inn was a downgrade compared to other Holiday Inns I've stayed in worldwide. I also requested a room with two seperate beds but this was never done and I even told the staff at front desk they said no problem, but when I got to the room there was only one bed.

I may try another hotel next time. But okay hotel.

Room Tip: top floor, the 7th floor towards backside to get a view of Olympic Park and the tower.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Margarita S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Stratford city.
We are sorry to hear about the problems you experienced during your stay.
Please accept our sincere apologies.

However, we are pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and that you enjoyed the location.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location next to the Olympic Park bar area has a lovely outside terrace with a view over the park where you can enjoy a relaxing beer or two!
Staff were up there with the best i have encountered all were efficient and very friendly they all appeared to enjoy their jobs (what a refreshing change)
Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Duty Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Stetcg,

Wow, thank you! thank you! for this great review 5 stars! We are all glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

It will be our pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent one night at this hotel. Fabulous location and only a 5 min walk from our eve event. Parking is brilliant and only cost us £5.00. Plenty of choice for food in the surrounding shopping precinct. Hotel is clean and modern and surpassed our expectation.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lane S,

This is a wonderful review from your stay. I am glad to hear that we surpassed your expectations.

We look forward you staying with us in the near future.

Kind Regards,