“Nice place to unwind and have a drink”

Amaranto Lounge at the Four Seasons
Ranked #4,466 of 22,822 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
london
“Nice place to unwind and have a drink”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great place to go for drink but you get a 5 star experience and treatment at a large cost as this is not a cheap place to go. Great environment and a large gas fire to warm you up.

• Visited April 2014

San Francisco, California
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great all around experience. The waitstaff were very nice; quick in taking our order, quick in delivering our order and nice thank you when we left.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Awful tea experience”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Terrible experience for afternoon tea. Arrived at 4pm with party of 2 children and 3 adults. Waiter gave menu and ignored us for 20 minutes. When he came back I asked to see the childrens menu. He took some persuading but again disappeared. 15 minutes later he was back but had forgotten to bring the kids menu. Forty minutes after arriving he took order but without writing it down kept playing back the wrong order. Looked annoyed when I insisted he write it down. One hour later the order turns up and yes the wrong teas had been delivered! Another 15 minute wait to get the right teas. This time no tea strainers provided. Worse still milk tasted off! By this time we were all very annoyed and it was 5.30pm. Tea pots were'nt marked so we could'nt tell which tea pot was which and they were placed behind our sofas and not beside us.Complained to the manager - didn't look very bothered but offered to give us extra sandwiches and change the waiter but the experience was already ruined. Had the cheek to ask for 15% service charge with the bill! Not an experience we associate with a four seasons - better service in your local park café. All the staff had an aloof slightly arrogant air even with the children which is not welcome. Will not return.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Trustedtraveller2014
Washington, DC
“Ho Hum... for a lot of money”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had High Tea in the Amaranto Lounge in late November. It wasn’t bad, it was just off and definitely not something I would do again. First, this is a wildly expensive High Tea – somewhere in the 50 pounds/ per person vicinity. All of the cakes and little sandwiches were very good as was the Champagne and tea selections -- and there were a lot of each -- however something was lacking. Was it the couple and their financial planner in the corner talking too loudly about their income (I now know how much they make, where they send their kids to school and what he thinks he needs to retire on)? Was it the fact that we were in a lounge rather than a tea room? Was it the heat of the building? I don’t know, it just was off. Everyone was perfectly nice, but somehow it lacked the elegance and sophistication that I think I was looking for and willing to pay for. Spending time and money here is the one thing I regret about my trip.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Anniversary treat”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at this beautiful restaurant and we were really looked after, we had the set menu which was an amazing price and we treated ourselves to a few cocktails! I wasn't sure about the dessert for me which was fruit and coffee where you pour over the coffee, my husband loved it so it's probably just a like dislike thing and personal taste! We would definitely come again!

• Visited July 2013