“Six went in, six left happy.”
Review of Friendly Thai - CLOSED

Friendly Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Six of us rolled in off the street on a Friday evening. Six people with very differing tastes. From "I like spice to make mine mild, from I will eat anything to hhmmm I like chips!!" However the menu provided for all. An extensive menu including the usual red and green curry options, but also with an excellent selection of specials and fish dishes. Selections were made from all areas of the menu and everyone enjoyed a very good meal. Spice and taste levels were perfect for all. Cheers friendly Thai you indeed live up to your name.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I thought the food here was excellent, but dear lord, it took ages for it to get to the table. As there are pretty good reviews, I may try it again and cross my fingers, if it's better I'll change my review. It took a good 45-1 hour to get our food. Even though we enquired a few times, they didn't discount the bill or appease us in some other way at the end. So I think they could improve on that. I'm cool to wait like 25 even 30 mins but above that seems a bit crazy.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This local restaurant manages to combine the subtle tastes of great Thai food with value for money prices. Why bother with a big name in the West End when you can eat so well locally.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Friendly Thai about 4 times now, usually when visiting London on business. Each time I have had a lovely meal in a great setting. The staff are very friendly and attentive, without being pushy. The menu is varied and I've enjoyed every dish I have tried here. I especially recommend the Nutty Chicken starter! Wow!
Eat here with confidence that you'll be in for a great meal at a great price. I will definitely be going back again!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The interior of this restaurant is very tastefully put together, with comfortable seating and interesting artwork. The stick on flowers are unnecessary and look cheap but otherwise a pretty and welcoming atmosphere.
The food was distinctly average, with more coconut than actual curry but the white chocolate dessert is worth returning for. Excellent portion sizes but the rice was lumpy.
One member of staff seemed to be very friendly- as per the restaurant's name- whilst the remaining servers seemed a tad bewildered by the concept of taking orders, clearing plates and basic bodily hygiene (ie. a large bottle of deodorant was definitely needed for one of the poor waiters).
A nice evening but not somewhere I'd go out of my way for.