The Z Hotel Victoria
US$261
US$216
  • Pool
1,754 results
All reviewsno windowfree wine and cheeserooms are smallevery eveningsky tvqueen roomfrosted glassinside roombuckingham palacegatwick expresswithout windowscoach stationshort staywet roomair confree wifiperfect location
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Working in London at one of the Hotels on Park Lane. Upon arrival, the check0in was prompt and efficient. I discovered my room was in the basement... I wasn't convinced about this concept as there was no natural light in the room. However, I stand corrected.

Ultra clean, nice and warm, and a shower to die for, pressure that almost draws blood - my idea of heaven.

The room was very small, but it just worked!

Perfect for one or two nights, I would guess if you were staying for longer you might go a bit stir crazy...

Only small draw back, is you can hear the Victoria Line tube rumbling under neath you from time to time...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard D
Carol G, General Manager at The Z Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your review.

As you have mentioned we do have rooms in the lower ground floor, these rooms are usually bigger than the same room types in other floors, as these rooms does not have natural light (inside rooms) we have recently changed the lighting option.

Our showers are very powerful, although they are environmentally friendly and our standard of cleanliness is impeccable to ensure our guests few as comfortable as possible during their stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I came to this hotel very tired and a bit lost, after missing a late night coach from Victoria station. It turned out to be a great place to stay for the night, nice room, shower etc. You couldn't ask for more. But I mostly felt this way because of the staff member on reception, Bilal. He was so friendly and genuinely seemed to care about my stay, even though it was just for one night. After a long day travelling this made all the difference to me so I just wanted to say thank you for creating such a welcoming atmosphere and doing everything possible to help me. The best hotel I have stayed in in London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Benen W
Carol G, General Manager at The Z Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for your review.

As you have mentioned our hotel is very close to Victoria Coach Station and it is good to know that our location was convenient to you.

Billel has been with Z for almost 2 years now, but only recently has been promoted and moved to the night team. I am happy to hear that you felt looked after and I will surely pass your comments to him.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here for one night this month on a quick stop-over in London. Arrived at around 12pm and was greeted at the front desk by a friendly lady who checked us in promptly and efficiently.

We had a standard double, windowless room and there is no denying that the rooms are small. However, what they lack in space, they more than make up for in comfort and cleanliness.

The bed is plush and luxurious. There is a large flat-screen tv on the wall which shows all sky channels (including movies). The shower is a force in power and refreshment and the accompanying towels are of generous size and fluffiness. There was very little noise in the hotel as far as I could tell. We weren't located on a room adjacent to the street although the area itself was nice and quiet after rush hour had passed.

The hotel also offers complimentary cheese and wine for all guests every evening between 5pm and 8pm in their small but cosy front lounge and I felt this was a nice touch.

The location of this hotel could not be better. It is literally across the street from Victoria station where you can hop on the tube or an overground train, grab a bus to one of the airports and even the open-top tour bus stops right outside.

There is very little I could find fault with overall. The rooms are quite small and there is no wardrobe space so if you are staying for more than one night this may pose a problem. However, we were looking for a good-value base for a quick overnight trip so that we could take in as much of the city as possible and I can honestly say that this hotel more than met the brief.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Le_Chic_Nic

Thank you for your review.

Here at The Z Hotels we have trained our staff and put systems into place to ensure our guests have the most efficient check in and check out, it is always good to know that although our check in is quick you could still identify the friendliness of our staff.

Even though some people might find our rooms compact we try our best to ensure our rooms are spotlessly clean and that our guests feel comfortable in it. Our amenities such as large flat screen TV with sky package and handmade mattresses highlights our concept of affordable luxury and I am happy to hear that you have noticed it.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Our 2nd stay at Z near Victoria station and definitely not our last. We were made very welcome even though it was breakfast time when we checked in, and everyone was busy.
We left our luggage and bought our day passes for the tube and the busses from Victoria station just around the corner, and didn't return until 5pm.
Our room was much smaller than the one we'd stayed in last Christmas, so we asked for a slightly bigger one which I'm pleased we did, if you don't ask, you don't get!
We slept very well, the rooms are spotless, the layout is ingenious. Lovely shower too. We paid extra for breakfast for both mornings, more than adequate and good coffee, great atmosphere, we enjoyed chatting with other guests too.
When we return to London 'Z' will be the top of our list of Hotels to stay in.

Room Tip: Ask politely to see other available rooms if you're not sure. We did and got one slightly bigger.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

It was nice to know that it was your second stay with us and that you enjoyed so much. I am glad that we were able to store your luggage before your check in time, and that it made a positive difference for your stay.

As you mentioned our room layout can vary and I am pleased to know that we were able to assist you with a room move and that you have enjoyed your experience.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Any one who stays in a Z hotel ( I have also stayed in the Liverpool branch ) at Victoria will know it's less than 5 mins from the station right beside a pub ( no need ) and opposite Majestic Wine off licence. All their locations are very central.
The rooms are petite but beautifully designed to cater for all your needs.
The bed is extremely comfortable, the wall mounted TV huge, the shower room / stall, very boutique,but what really sells it is the, never mind the size, check the quality, is the ambiance
The staff were nothing short of 5 stars. Extremely accommodating, helpful and polite.
The free wine with individually loaded cheese boards every evening from 18:00 to 20:00 was an excellent touch. Couple that with free wi-fi and a wide company of international ' value savvy ' travellers just creates a really informal friendly relaxed atmosphere.
The breakfast was more than adequate ( and I stay in a lot of business hotels ) and nice.
I cannot rate these places ( forget the room size it's for sleeping comfortably ) high enough.
Brilliant.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with a window but my colleague had one without - no major difference, just cheaper
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rftu

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It was nice to hear that you have already stayed in Z Liverpool and Z Victoria, you have outlined really well our central locations. I believe now you just need to visit our Z Soho property and soon our Piccadilly property which are also in very good locations.

As you mentioned our rooms can be quite compact however has quality amenities inside, such as our mattresses (which are handmade in Devon) or our TVs (one of the latest generations of LED TVs). We also include some additional facilities such as complimentary sky package, complimentary internet and our complimentary wine and cheese (as you have pointed out on your review) to ensure our guests have the best experience possible whilst with us.

Thank you for your comments about our 5 stars staff, I will pass your comments to them.

I hope to meet you soon in any of our Z properties.