“Great Location for Sightseeing and West End”

The Z Hotel Victoria
Ranked #325 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was my first visit to a Z hotel, the web-site showed very modern rooms with all the trimmings, I honestly thought that I would be disappointed when I actually arrived! I stayed there recently for a 2 night business trip and was certainly NOT disappointed!
In fact this hotel offers an amazing location for anyone who wants to do the sights of London as well as any business travelers who need access to Victoria and its surrounding area.With Victoria Railway and Underground within 3 minutes walk this could be a perfect base for any would be traveler too.
Many restaurants and bars are within walking distance, there is the Victoria Pub right next door for example, whilst the hotel itself has a small ( very) bar /snack area/reception on the ground floor.
The rooms are really quite small, but all the trimmings are available,wi-fi,tea making,very modern shower,Sky TV with Lots of SKY channels ( very unusual this in city hotels).The whole effect is very modern and very clean.
The only drawback, apart from the size, is that the rooms do not have a window, this may be any issue for some visitors I accept but I thought that, for a short stay, all the benefits out-wayed that shortcoming.
I will certainly be using the Z hotel for my next trip to London,

Room Tip: I was in Room 208, second floor, right opposite the lift, no problems.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Z Hotel Victoria.
Great location, across the road from Victoria Station.
Rooms were small but it was all we needed.
All staff were very lovely and helpful. They were happy to keep our bags their before and after check in/ check out.
Cute little bar in the lobby and added bonus complimentary wine and cheese from 5pm - 8pm daily.
Will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We needed a hotel in the Victoria area for a night and were hard pushed to find anything in a decent price bracket. In the end we went for Z hotels Victoria and decided to ‘treat’ ourselves to a windowless Queen room for £170.

The location of the hotel is excellent, steps away from Victoria and therefore the rest of London. If you’re driving (like we were) then parking isn’t easy, but Victoria does benefit from being just outside the Congestion Zone and we parked in the hotel’s recommended car park. At £23.50 for 24 hours we didn’t think that was too bad, although it is a good five minutes walk from the hotel.

The reception, come café-bar-restaurant is compact, but very pleasant. We were given a room on the ground floor and informed that between 5 and 8pm there was a complimentary Cheese and Wine buffet for guests. Nice touch.

Our room was tiny (and remember we’d booked a Queen), but we were prepared for that. This hotel would not be suitable if you travel with a lot of luggage. The lack of a window didn’t worry me given that we weren’t planning to do anything other than change and sleep.

The bed was comfortable and room had everything we needed. We didn’t switch on the television but it looked a good size. The bathroom had a decent walk-in shower, but the area with toilet and basin is definitely only suitable for one person at a time. Given the frosted glass between bathroom and bed, you need to be comfortable with the person you are sharing with and it doesn’t leave much to the imagination.

We didn’t have breakfast, but the spread looked good. There are plenty of places nearby to eat so you’ll not go hungry if you decide not to eat at the hotel.

We would stay here again, but the lack of space, no window and cost would possibly keep us away. But if you’re after a room for the night near Victoria, have hand baggage only and can get a rate around £100 I’d say you’ve got yourself a very good deal.

Note – Try to avoid the ground floor as you can hear the Tube rattling along quite loudly.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the ground floor as you can hear the Tube rattling along quite loudly.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I traveled to London for my birthday. I was on my own to explore. This place was perfectly located, a stone's throw from Victoria station. It was clean, the cheese and wine buffet everyday was excellent. The room was small, but the bed comfy and the linens were crisp and towels fluffy. Staff was helpful and friendly. I loved my time there. Would go again for sure, although if I had a travel companion it might be a bit squeezy...Oh, and be sure to get a room with a window. I heard that the un windowed rooms were noisy from the tube. I could hear the tube, but it wasn't enough to bother.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This stylishly-designed hotel was quite pleasant for an overnight stay in London. The location is convenient, near Victoria Station with easy Tube access to central London. The complementary wine and cheese (5-8 p.m.) is quite nice; the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very small (as explained in the website), but fine with us since we were in the room only to sleep; it was very quiet. I would choose a hotel with a larger room if we were going to spend more time inside the room. The price is modest for a clean, well-maintained hotel in London. Ask for a room with a window!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 5 nights for a break. The rooms are tiny but have everything you need. The location is slightly far out but the hotel is literally a 1 minute walk to the main tube station. Jump on and you only have one stop at Green park and then the next is Oxford Circus, we didn't mind the travelling as we wanted to do lots of sights around London anyway. Victoria is a lovely place and there are places to eat around it for breakfast and with the tube close by you have everything you need! Staff are helpful and new towels provided everyday! Would def stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Joanna M
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great location. Clean hotel. Great complimentary wine and cheese from 5pm to 8pm. Great air conditioner in room. Had inside room with no window which was not a problem. Slept well, but the main problem is twofold. One is the size of the room (very small) for 2 people and the other is the cost you pay for the room. For it's size I think $934.00 for 3 nights is a bit much.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple