“Convenient location but dinting small room”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #261 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Convenient location but dinting small room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We arrived at Paddington and struggled to find the hotel as the name is the same as another one nearby.We were disapointed with the size of the room we had as I expected more from a hotel rated 4 stars. It was clean and convenient but I probably would try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed September 2012
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am distressed to know that you are not happy with your stay with us. I would like to assure you that we do have room much bigger in size and will prove you once you give us another opportunity.
I request you please contact me directly once you do the booking so that I can arrange room according to your need.

Gourav Gupta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

bait and switch. Booked this hotel due to proximity to paddington station. Quick walk to find it, only to be told our REAL hotel was down the street. After much walking to find it (passive-aggressive desk staff give wrong directions), check in to find room too small for 2 suitcases. Purports to be 4 star - maybe 2. Purports to have wifi. Only in cramped lobby full of angry relocated people.

• Stayed September 2012
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valued comments about your recent stay with us.
Your comments are appreciated however I would like to inform you that we have free WIFI access in all hotel and incase if any guest come across any issue then we have 24hrs it technicians to assist them.
With regards to room facilities, our rooms are well equipped with large space along with Kitchenette, fridge, Iron etc. I request you to contact us so that we can discuss more about the issues you have raised. Kindly contact me directly on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
hants
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed here last week and was very disappointed as the pictures on the website make the hotel look Grand, but it isn't at all. I managed to get a good last minute deal online, on their website. Whether this is why I got an awful room, I don't know, but I asked to move, as they put me in the basement, which is like a maze, no signs to direct you back to reception and the room stunk of paint and the window had a massive crack on it and the windows were also about 100 years old, they did not open or shut very well, I might as well have had no windows! For a 4 star hotel this should NOT be the case! I also had a huge loud hot generator making an awful racket outside the window, so I asked to move, which they happily helped with, but the 2nd room was not much better, the windows were still broken and I could barley get in the bathroom, it was so small! There were also paint marks on the table and the chair in the room. It looks like they have added new rooms and done a quick job decorating, to get people in ASAP and they have not added TLC to them, which makes them look and feel cheap. I definitely will not be staying there again and it should be a 3 star at the very most.

Room Tip: Do not have a basement room or any that start with M or 00, they are not good.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for the time and effort taken to write it.

I am deeply concerned to hear about all inconveniences caused to you at The Park Grand London Hyde Park.
To discuss this matter further, I request you to please contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Stavanger, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

The hotel is in a very good location. Quite peaceful with good restaurants and transportation around the corner. Good and helpful service at reception and nice and clean in the room and the rest of the hotel. The room though, was very small, but the price was good, so you get what you pay for. I will go back, but next time I will book a larger room. Then I will give a 4.

Room Tip: Book a bigger room - ground floor and up.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

As per your comments, I would inform you that our rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and its design, however we do have larger duplex and Quad rooms available that I’m assured you would have find much more comfortable.
Kindly contact me directly on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com to arrange a future stay with large room for you.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

The location, the room & the price we paid for our stay we excellent. It was just the small things that let it down - Room Service : Sandwich was poor quality & stale & not presentation the best. Breakfast: Quality of the food was again poor, all felt a bit dated considering how modern the rest of the hotel is. Lots of nice staff but no actual table service, didn't even explain where things were & what was available. Noise: Windows very thin, no sound profing between rooms. We were kept awake most of the night by traffic noise & other guests just moving about in there rooms. Despite these issues I think we would stay again & give it another try. Staff very polite, helpful & nice.

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about the breakfast room as well room service points which you have mentioned, Restaurant Manager is advised to arrange for table service so that none of you guest go through this again and I have advised maintenance manager to check the windows in the room where you have stayed and rectify them as early as possible.
I will appreciate if you give us another opportunity to serve you. Kindly contact us directly on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com to arrange a future stay with us as we would like to show you how things are really done here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Best regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Having read all recent coments , we booked this hotel. My husband and our 10 year old son decided to stay here.
On arrival were help by porter for luggage and our check in was easy, very helpful reception but room had stairs which was not expected. I enquired for other room but hotel was fully booked.
Howere we were promised to be moved next day.
Only thing which I didn't likes the breakfast room which was in basement & too long to walk from our room . Rest, we enjoyed our breafast as it was most expensive breafast I ever had in basement(£15).

On departure I request to see manger and was offered £ 2 off per b/ fast which was good enough.
This hotel is good hotel with friendly staff but bit overpriced :-(

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this wonderful review.

I am glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us Thank you for your nice comments about our staff, that means a lot.

Hope to welcome you back soon!

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel at the end of August with my mum and son for 2 nights on a sightseeing trip. We stayed in a triple superior room on the 6th floor. The room was pleasant and well sized, yes the bathroom is small but only as you expect from a hotel room and big enough to move around in. The staff were polite and friendly and the breakfast was good too.
The location is great, a 5-10 minute walk from Paddington tube station, has various convinience shops, a Cheers wine shop and Italian restaurants nearby.
We booked at the 50% special deal rate and beleive it was great value for money.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and have already recommended to family and friends.

Room Tip: Triple superior room 6th floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for lovely review about your recent stay here at The Park Grand London Hyde Park.
I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful during your stay and also you understanding with regards to bathroom size.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.