“Good size of room”

Ranked #262 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Barbados
“Good size of room”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Booked this hotel on booking.com in the morning arrived around 1pm checked in and our room was ready. Just around the corner from Paddington so very handy. It was clean the staff were very helpful. I would recommend staying here to anyone.Good value for money.

Room Tip: beside the elevator on any floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand London Hyde Park for your stay in London.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and the service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,
Gourav Gupta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I've stayed at Park Grand London Hyde Park twice now, having selected it off Trip Advisor in the first place. This is a good place to staff for the traveller wanting a reasonable place in London which is not too expensive. The rooms are not large but adequate - well the shower in some rooms is a tad small - and are comfortable. Between the first and second visits they have rolled out wifi to the rooms, which is a real plus; and there is no extra charge like in other places which add £10 a day.

The lounge is a comfortable place to work and sit and the staff have been consistently friendly and helpful. Best to get a price with breakfast included or go up Praed St.

Paddington is an easy place to travel around from and has a range of places to eat.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your excellent comments about our staff, however we are sorry to hear that you didnt like of the room size. I Would like to add that we have other rooms which will be good for your needs.

We would be delighted if you can give us another chance and we takecare of your special request.

We hope to see you soon.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Booked the room on lastminute.com - a deluxe double for £95. We were only in town for one night and wanted somewhere with a good location and easy access to transport and weren't expecting much in the way of frills. Considering that our room worked out as cheaper than staying in a Travelodge what we got was fantastic.

The room was twice as big as we expected with a sitting room-type space and then a flight of stairs that led to the big, spacious double above. We were only a couple but this would have been perfect for families as the sofa could be pulled out to make another double effectively turning the room from a double to a quadruple. The bed itself was really comfy! The little kitchenette was cute even if we didn't use it at all. Overall, it was a large and spacious room looking out over the street and we had a great time.

The staff on arrival were perfectly adequate - not exactly friendly but got the job done. When we were checking out, however, the lady on the desk seemed to make a special effort to ask how we slept and to wish us a warm farewell which was nice! We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the state of the breakfasts although our thought was a bit pricey at £15 per person when there are plenty of little cafes etc just down the road which were delicious and much cheaper!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us .

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback inregards to Breakfast Price.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We arrived at Paddington and struggled to find the hotel as the name is the same as another one nearby.We were disapointed with the size of the room we had as I expected more from a hotel rated 4 stars. It was clean and convenient but I probably would try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am distressed to know that you are not happy with your stay with us. I would like to assure you that we do have room much bigger in size and will prove you once you give us another opportunity.
I request you please contact me directly once you do the booking so that I can arrange room according to your need.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

bait and switch. Booked this hotel due to proximity to paddington station. Quick walk to find it, only to be told our REAL hotel was down the street. After much walking to find it (passive-aggressive desk staff give wrong directions), check in to find room too small for 2 suitcases. Purports to be 4 star - maybe 2. Purports to have wifi. Only in cramped lobby full of angry relocated people.

• Stayed September 2012
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valued comments about your recent stay with us.
Your comments are appreciated however I would like to inform you that we have free WIFI access in all hotel and incase if any guest come across any issue then we have 24hrs it technicians to assist them.
With regards to room facilities, our rooms are well equipped with large space along with Kitchenette, fridge, Iron etc. I request you to contact us so that we can discuss more about the issues you have raised. Kindly contact me directly on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
hants
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed here last week and was very disappointed as the pictures on the website make the hotel look Grand, but it isn't at all. I managed to get a good last minute deal online, on their website. Whether this is why I got an awful room, I don't know, but I asked to move, as they put me in the basement, which is like a maze, no signs to direct you back to reception and the room stunk of paint and the window had a massive crack on it and the windows were also about 100 years old, they did not open or shut very well, I might as well have had no windows! For a 4 star hotel this should NOT be the case! I also had a huge loud hot generator making an awful racket outside the window, so I asked to move, which they happily helped with, but the 2nd room was not much better, the windows were still broken and I could barley get in the bathroom, it was so small! There were also paint marks on the table and the chair in the room. It looks like they have added new rooms and done a quick job decorating, to get people in ASAP and they have not added TLC to them, which makes them look and feel cheap. I definitely will not be staying there again and it should be a 3 star at the very most.

Room Tip: Do not have a basement room or any that start with M or 00, they are not good.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for the time and effort taken to write it.

I am deeply concerned to hear about all inconveniences caused to you at The Park Grand London Hyde Park.
To discuss this matter further, I request you to please contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The hotel is in a very good location. Quite peaceful with good restaurants and transportation around the corner. Good and helpful service at reception and nice and clean in the room and the rest of the hotel. The room though, was very small, but the price was good, so you get what you pay for. I will go back, but next time I will book a larger room. Then I will give a 4.

Room Tip: Book a bigger room - ground floor and up.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

As per your comments, I would inform you that our rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and its design, however we do have larger duplex and Quad rooms available that I’m assured you would have find much more comfortable.
Kindly contact me directly on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com to arrange a future stay with large room for you.