“Excellent”

Ranked #259 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Portsmouth
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here after a gig in Hyde Park. There is about 10 parking spaces outside and luckily we got one. The room was 3 singles for 3 men and was great value for a Saturday night. Complimentary wine, fruit and soft drinks in the room was a nice touch and lots of TV channels. The breakfast was great and the staff so helpful. Apart from maybe not getting a parking space I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 12 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad that your experience overall was a positive one .Your comments have been re-laid to our team to ensure we are constantly providing best services to our guests.

I do hope you will return to us again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please contact me directly.

Yours sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The Hotel itself was superb for the relatively good price. The rooms, and especially the bathroom were extremely small. But for a 2 or 3 night stay this is not a problem. The rooms were clean, the air con didn't work in one of the rooms (not usually a problem in London but we had the hottest weekend of the year so far!). The annoying thing was that the Key Card kept not working and reception had to keep resetting it. The breakfasts were super and filling.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Denbigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I booked this hotel back in February. A couple of weeks ago I received an email from them to advise me that there had been a problem authorising the card I had used when booking. I called them and quoted the card number again and they told me everything was now OK and my booking was confirmed. I asked them if they could email me confirmation, but was told they didn't need to as everything was fine. When we arrived at the hotel, there seemed an awful lot of commotion going on and we soon realised that the people in front of us had also received the same email as us. We were all advised that our rooms had been double booked and there was no where for us to stay. Some guests walked out in tears. We stood our ground and eventually they found us a room in a sister hotel around the corner. It all seemed strange that the very next day I heard exactly the same thing going on in the hotel we had been moved to - The Park Grand London Paddington. The staff didn't seem fazed by all the booking mishaps - seems to me, it's the norm!!!! The room we were moved to was next door to the storage cupboard so we were awake early with all the banging around and the fire alarm went off by mistake and we had to change our door key as ours was faulty......I don't normally moan this much, but just felt that this needed to be aired......

2 Thank welshlady88
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on 02072624521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Tushar Aggarwal
Orange, California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

After a long day of traveling, arrived at this hotel to be told, like others, that a "boiler" was down so some rooms did not have hot water and we had to be moved to another of their hotels. Quite disappointing but what could we do. They paid for a car to take us to the other hotel and gave us complimentary breakfast for he 3 days we were there. We were placed at the Hyde Park Premier London Paddington. Luckily this hotel was good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 5 October 2013

Gurdeep Singh
Aberdeenshire, Scotland UK
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were really looking forward to our stay as the reviews had been so good, what a disappointment.
Okay so the good points - location is excellent, 10min walk from paddington station and hyde park. Perfect for us. The rate was reasonable and the room was clean.
But...the room was absolutely tiny. We read it would be quite small, but it was actually like a corridor...see attached pics. We werent too upset with that though, it was only a room to sleep in.
However the air conditioning in the heat wave of the weekend we were down, started leaking through the night - but as the room was so tiny it was right above the bed waking me up as the bed was soaked...so bed pulled out and towels on the floor til the morning.
We complained and they moved us to another room - presumably an upgrade as it was a half decent size. But low and behold...the air con unit did exactly the same thing about an hour after we were in bed....thankfully it wasnt above the bed this time, but the constant dripping was irritating but we figured why complain that night as its obviously the air con units they use so every room will be the same.
Anoher issue was breakfast in the morning. The first morning was a disaster, it's far too small for that many guests - they should really be asking guests to book for breakfast as that would be preferable if the service as better. The poor waitresses were running about, barely enough time to clear tables hence we were seated at a filthy table with coffee stains and old cereal on it, werent offered and hot drinks and most of the juices etc had run out. Lots of complaining guests that morning as a result.
Finally on check out we waited for the question "how was your stay?" but it never came...silly us, as we'd paid in advance so we got the feeling they didnt care. When we complained again about the AC the receptionist was vaguley interested and said she'd let management know...and that was it.
So be wary....going in summer? Dont expect the AC not to leak. Want a decent size room? Upgrade. Want an enjoyable breakfast? Eat out!

Gurdeep Singh
sunderland
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for my daughter's 21 st birthday and went to see Robbie Williams. We were upgraded to a stunning 2 story room. The staff were so helpful and pleasant. We had a delicious breakfast. It's near Paddington station. All in all brilliant

• Stayed June 2013
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 24 July 2013

London
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This was a really beautiful hotel with lovely check in staff and the bar was great with music. Unfortunately when I turned back the bed there were several hairs in the bed. It was too late to complain but when i checked out I told the person on reception who did not seem to be that interested and, as I had to rush off for a meeting, I did not have time to ask to talk to the manager. Such a shame as it was a really really lovely hotel otherwise

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.
Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Tushar Aggarwal