“best hotel i have stayed in in london”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #269 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Denny, United Kingdom
“best hotel i have stayed in in london”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have been going to london once a year for the past 7/8 years and this is the best so far. The staff are friendly, helpful always smiling. The breakfast was excellent - hot food was hot and good choice. Plus good choice of continental items as well. Location is perfect for Paddington also.Room was different, entered into a sitting room, with mini kitchenand sofa which converted to double bed and staircase up to main bedroom. Really comfortable. Bedside table lamp at sofa bed would be very useful. Overall very impressed and will look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: first floor rooms seem quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our hotel and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated by all of the staff at the hotel - and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This has become my London hotel of choice for 3-4 London visits annually. The staff has been most helpful and friendly and I was amazed that one of the restaurant servers (sorry, I wish I knew her name) actually remembered me from a visit almost 4 months ago. Last visit the in-room fire alarm went off briefly 3 times - the staff was most apologetic, apparently something wafting up from the kitchens.

Room Tip: 205 is quiet and roomier than most twins.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Best Regards,
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

First, this is a great boutique hotel, not your typical chain. Its very unique and attractive. Pricing was reasonable and the staff was excellent. Yes rooms are small but they are small in every hotel in London. We loved Trvestan and Jamal. They made everything so great and easy. Location is okay, but central to everything including the subway, trains etc, but the area of Paddington itself is not impressive, but in 15 minutes you are at everything you could possibly want to see in London from there. Definetly would stay again and give a 4 star hotel rating for sure.

Room Tip: Choose a quadruple room. Worth the cost and extra space.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Park Grand London Hyde Park.Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Regards,
Middletown, Ohio
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed nine nights at the Park Grand. The staff were efficient, prompt, and polite. (Thank you, Mr. Tushar, for going out of your way to insure that we were comfortable.) Our stay was very pleasant. The hotel is located just a few blocks from Paddington Station. Armed with our Oyster Card, we visited all the major sights in London and then some.

D. Bean

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our "Excellent Hotel' and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regards,
derby
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here for one night booked through secret hotel on lastminute.com and was well impressed. Very clean,tidy everything in your room you could want and helpful staff. Only two mins walk to underground and plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Never tried the hotel restaurant so cannot comment on their food
Would have no hesitation in staying here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Park Grand London Hyde Park and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain such high standards.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back..

Please do not hesitate to contact me on 020 72624521 for future booking.

Kind Regards
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Enjoyed our one night stay at this hotel. The staff were very efficient, friendly and helpful. The room was clean and nicely decorated my only complaint would be that (even in September) it was quite warm and stuffy in the room. Perhaps it was because we were on the 6th floor but the 6th floor and up is better than the 3rd and below as the view from the rear of the building would be quite depressing down there. Fortunately the 6th floor provides a nice view of the Paddington rooftops.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Paddington station and just round the corner from Hyde Park so really conveniently located.
The cooked breakfast (we arrived at around 9am) was only warm and a little disconcerting, I overheard other guests were not entitled to the cooked breakfast here and I'm guessing pay a little less in room rates. However, if I were to stay at this hotel for more than 2 nights I'd probably prefer to get breakfast elsewhere and choose the cheaper room rate. There are plenty of place to eat around Paddington and a good full English can't be far away: I guarantee it would be hot!
Would I stay here again: Yes. Would I stay here for a week: yes, but if I could save money by getting breakfast elsewhere, I would.

Room Tip: Aim for something on at least the 5th floor, I'd suggest rear facing as the front street is quit...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back..

Please do not hesitate to contact me on 020 72624521 for future booking.

Kind Regards