“Good things come in small packages” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #263 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Good things come in small packages”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, however rooms are extremely small for the price, as well as this walls are very thin, so you really can here everything going on in the surrounding rooms.

Sadly we happened to have loud neighbours, however if we hadn't, we would have had a lovely relaxing stay in a nice room which was tidied nicely each morning.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and we found them a compliment to the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online, following your visit to the Park Grand London, Hyde Park.

We consider the guest feedback of vital importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Your feedback is of great help to us in improving our product and service for the future. I am pleased that despite the issues mentioned, you still had a good stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Grand London, Hyde Park.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is situated walking distance from paddington or Lancaster gate station.since check in till check out ,staff was very helpful and they were going extra miles to help me out with information about the area and attraction.room was very very but small though.does not matter to me as I was single traveller.all in all best place to stay in paddington area.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online following your recent visit to the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

I am delighted to hear that the staff were helpful upon your arrival and departure, I will ensure that your positive feedback will be passed onto the team.
We are very proud of our staff and it is always motivating to receive such positive feedback as yours as we constantly endeavor to exceed our guest’s expectations of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Grand London, Hyde Park very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here with my friends for get together... The hotel is really nice and quite. Room and bathroom are a bit small but clean and good. Location is excellent as it is in the mid of two main stations which are linked to central London. Staff is friendly and professional. We will come back definitely...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments online following your recent visit to the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

I will pass your kind words on to the team and ensure that their service is suitably rewarded.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for a city break,near to London attraction,clean rooms and friendly staff.Great hotel for every age with perfect location each destination. Very clean hotel and very polite staff.Hotel in a good location. The center with shops and bars is within walking distance. Anytime very gladly again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments following your recent visit to the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was originally booked to stay one night at the Park Grand London Paddington. However, after receiving my confirmation they emailed me to tell me that a "system glitch" meant they were overbooked and I was being moved to their sister hotel, the Park Grand London Hyde Park. This seems to be a fairly regular occurrence, judging by the comments, but the location was good for me, and they offered a complimentary breakfast. The charge was a total of £90 for one night, though you should note that the prices quoted on the web site exclude VAT.

Service was very good, with lots of pleasant staff, and the buffet breakfast was hot and tasty. The room I was assigned was supposed to be an upgrade, and it was big enough but contained two double beds, which made it feel cramped. The shower room was very small, with just enough room for the toilet and a sink but, again, it was clean enough and quite modern. The safe was not screwed down, and was relatively easy to lift; I wouldn't want to run anywhere with it, but I'm not sure it genuinely protects anything really valuable.

The problem in rating this property is judging value. They are described as a boutique four-star hotel, but they really don't do anything to justify the boutique description. I'd also argue that they are a good three-star, not four star. Taking this all into account, paying £90 for bed and breakfast is good value, and very fair for the area. I'd drop the rating if the price was significantly higher.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We consider the guest feedback of vital importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Your detailed feedback is of great help to us in improving our product and service for the future. I am pleased that despite the issues mentioned, you still had a good stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Grand London Hyde Park in the future.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Courteous staff and a good breakfast more than make up for the tiny size of the rooms.
Can't call them Double Rooms, for sure.
The location is really nice, at a walking distance from Paddington Main station which has connections to most parts of London and also very near to the city center.
The hotel offers complimentary breakfast and are more than willing to add vegetarian sandwiches to the menu for people like me who have dietary restrictions.

Full marks to the staff for their courtesy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are very proud of our staff and it is always motivating to receive such positive feedback as yours. We constantly endeavor to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that they were friendly and professional during your visit.

Regards,
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here during Christmas, it was fantastic,rooms are very clean and big,breakfast was cooked fresh and well displayed,location is central and the staff is very helpful and friendly,I highly recommend this hotel and we will be back soon.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I will pass your kind words on to the reception and concierge team and ensure that their service is suitably rewarded.

Regards,