“Pretty good”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #246 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Staff were very helpful. Our family room included a sofa bed for our young children with tv & kitchenette. Our mezzanine room upstairs was modern & the superking bed very comfortable. Modern bathroom clean & simply decorated. Had everything we needed for our 1 night stay. Only thing I didn't like was there was a mild smell of damp when we first went into the room. Good stay overall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Amba12_12,

We thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your visit to the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and with our facilities and services met your expectations.
Should your travels next take you to London, we hope we will remain your first choice of destination. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park in the near future.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,138)

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Me and a few work colleagues stayed here for one night (Saturday 26th April) as a central base for our business visit to the Great British Care Awards.

The welcome has warm, the check in was swift.

Staff made our life so easy. Booking taxis and carrying luggage for the female guests.

Room was compact and had everything we needed. Definitely will use for all London based company events and a special mention to the bar man Stan who took time out of his day to chat to us.

Lovely place. Great people.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nathan A
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Nathan A,

On behalf of Stan all the staff here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park, we thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Daniel on checkout was great. But that couldn't make up for the rundown room. Needed new mattress and chair was very stained. However, room was very quiet despite being next to lift. Would only recommend to the budget concious.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear RichardDDDD,

We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and rest assured that your feedback has been shared with Daniel who is also very thankful for your kind words.
We are sorry to hear that the room had a few issues and would greatly welcome the opportunity of showing you some of our other rooms in the hotel.

Should you require any assistance at all with the making of future bookings, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was travelling on a business trip and wanted a budget friendly hotel near by Paddington Station.
The location was really good, 5 minutes walking. The hotel was very clean with modern decorations, with a great price!
I booked a single room, but upon arrival i was upgraded to a larger room, which was very much appreciated as i have seen how small the single rooms are.
I didn't try the breakfast, so can't comment on that.
The only comment that i have here, is that i could hear every step in the corridor as well as the nearby rooms! The rooms have very thin walls, passing all kind of sounds!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Akasmaa5
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Akasmaa5,

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and with our facilities and services met your expectations.
Our friendly and attentive staff will go the extra mile for our guests and nothing is too much to ask for, if it comes to putting a highlight on our guests stay.

We are sorry to hear that despite having enjoyed your stay that you found the room rather noisy. We have a variety of different rooms, so we can cater for any type of request. We also have rooms that are located in quieter areas of the hotel and of which can be requested upon making the reservation.

Should your travels take you next to London, we hope that we will remain your first choice of destination. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Travelled here with family and stayed for 2 nights. The rooms are small but perfectly equipped with toiletries, hair dryer, tea and coffee and heating/air conditioning. The staff could not do enough to ensure our stay was perfect.
The location of the hotel is also good- Paddington station is a 5 minute walk alongside restaurants, fast food restaurants and convenience stores.
Really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lauriemarie1990

Dear lauriemarie1990,

On behalf of all the staff here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park, we thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Sakar at the reception was the best I got! Could help me out with anything I asked. Incredible, upon my arrival he could even print out my invoices I lost since my last stay in this wonderful hotel.
Super, Sakar, "thataboy!"
Without me asking he gave me a wonderful room I enjoyed at first when I came in.
All is fine, Am staying for a couple of days and truly ... I'm excited> Just that good warm welcome makes it all.
Good work Sakar. Keep up this kind of spirit
Note: I'm on business trip!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nicolas d
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear nicolas d,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Grand London Hyde Park and on behalf of Sakar, thank you very much for having shared your excellent feedback on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights in April with my mum.

Overall, the stay was good, the hotel is in a great location, 5 minute walk from Paddington Station, so very easy to get about London. Round about the station there is a good selection of restaurants and bars.

The room was clean although small, but for what we were looking for (somewhere to sleep) it done us fine. There was a bit of outside noise from the traffic but as it is on a main road that is to be expected and didn't bother us although we did need to close the window at night.

I had read on here before my stay that people were having problems with the WIFI in the hotel, that it didn't work or had a poor signal. I used the WIFI while I was there and experienced no problems with it.

The only issue I had was that I booked directly through the hotels website as it was stated that if you done that you got the breakfast free of charge. This was not the case as when I arrived they stated that I hadn't booked breakfast. I advised that it was on there website that it was complimentary. It turns out as I had booked one of their sale items it was not actually included but definitely feel that is should have been more clearer on their website. This was disappointing as I could have booked other hotels cheaper, and also I could have booked this hotel through Late Rooms cheaper at the time of booking had I known this, but didn't because of this. We paid the extra £40 for breakfast for the two days but this was a lot of money to be paying out when you were visiting London on an already tight budget!! It definitely needs to be clearer on their website!

The staff in general were polite and helpful (especially the breakfast staff who were very cheery for the time of morning!!) and the hotel can also keep your cases after checkout which was very handy as our flight home was not until 9pm so you don't need to wheel your suitcase about London all day!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Shona L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to The Park Grand London, Hyde Park.

We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and found our staff friendly and helpful. It is incredibly rewarding for our team members to be recognized for their efforts and reviews like these make it all worth it. Rest assured that your comments will be shared among the team accordingly.

I am sorry to hear that there was some confusion caused regarding whether breakfast was included in your reservation. However I will share your concerns with our reservations department to ensure that such information is displayed clearly in future for all our customers.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies, should you require any help at all with the making of any reservations, please feel free to contact us directly. We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park in the near future.