“Perect for an business over-night stop”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #252 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Perect for an business over-night stop”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stay in London at least once a week and this was my first time at Park Grand. The hotel was well located, the staff were very polite and welcoming. The hotel is reasonably priced and I would happily stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt B
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Matt B,

On behalf of all the staff at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park, thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and our facilities and services were up to your satisfaction. Rest assured that your kind comments about our staff and service will be shared with the team here at the Park Grand, Hyde Park, it is always a great boost for our team spirit when we see our efforts being recognised.

We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park very soon!

May Phan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I picked this hotel because it was close to Paddington Station and it was affordable. My visit was a quick in and out visit so I knew I wouldn't be spending too much time in the hotel. But, I was very impressed with the staff. My plans changed last minute and I would up getting to the hotel around 9:00 AM the day of check-in, the staff was great and found me a room, they even let me go grab breakfast. That gave me a chance to shower, shave, and take a quick nap before my meetings that afternoon.

The room was good sized, but the bathroom was small and tight to move around in. That is a minor quibble, compared to the rest of my experience.

1 Thank Allan L
Dear Allan L,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park and sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and our facilities and services were up to your satisfaction. Our breakfast buffet is a selection of high quality food as we want to ensure no one leaves hungry.

Upon your next visit, our staff would be more than happy to show you one of our more spacious duplex or club rooms.

If you need any assistance in planning your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so that we are able to make your stay a more comfortable and positive one.We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I'm writing this review in the midst of a 4 night stay and I really cant imagine how my remaining two nights can get any worse.
1) I paid for two rooms(at the same rate), and my brother's comes with a fridge while mine does not. When quizzed, the staff simply said its the default room configuration and they couldn't do anything for me, short of giving me the option to leave food at the restaurant fridge.
2) The Internet connection is very, very poor.
3) The hotel is way over-priced. Look up Tripadvisor, I have stayed in another nearby hotel with the same amenities for 20% of the prize.
4) Could not even take a dump in peace! The toilet bowl is with one side touching the wall, and you have to angle yourself in a weird position to be able to do your business.
5) Halfway through a shower, I was interrupted by a member of the staff rather urgently. Seems like water from my shower was dripping into a room below me(for whatever reasons) and I was told to "go easy" on my shower.
6) I have stayed in many hotels and this is definitely not a four-star hotel, even though it has been awarded with it. For example, the hotel doesn't provide toothbrushes!

Lastly, I must add that I booked the room through orbitz.com(which TA pointed me to). Though it stated that the prize was 4218 on TA, orbitz charged me $261 when the booking went through. Be careful hoof your bookings!

5 Thank PlutosAdventures
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It is the 1st hotel I have stayed in for ages in London that was reasonably priced and clean! It is set in a lovely street and its facilities are very good. My bathroom was very modern and clean.There is also a lovely dining area where people can enjoy a freshly cooked breakfast and where staff are around to help, should you need it. It is ideal for anyone not wanting hussle and bussle of bigger hotels and its within five minutes walk, of some good restaurants. Highly recommend the hotel and will stay there again on next visit.

Room Tip: Be prepared for it to be a little hot when walking out of bedrooms to the lifts - this is being sort...
Dear Alison_556,

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you found that staff and l friendly and helpful.
At the Park Grand London, Hyde Park with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction. Our breakfast buffet is a selection of high quality food as we want to ensure no one leaves hungry.

The Park Grand London Hyde Park is ideally located within walking distance of Paddington Station, Lancaster Gate and even Hyde Park. It also has great tube connections to all of Central London and we are happy that you chose to stay here with us.

Legnano, Italy
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stay at this hótel With my family for Week .
It was Amazing.
Reception team are very hospitable.
The room was good, comfortable and spacious, staff are extremely helpful and overall its been a good experience
I recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Stefano B,

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that the Park Grand London, Hyde Park with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction.

We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park very soon!

Scotland
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked at the last minute because I had been let down by previous place I'd booked so it was Hobson's choice. £785 for 6 nights far more than I would normally pay but accepted this because it was 4* rated. My room was very small, in the basement and I found out that the advertised "free breakfast" didn't apply to this booking. There was an over powering smell of air freshener in the room, corridors and lifts, so much so that it made me physically unwell. The staff were very helpful when I asked for a change of room and provided one on 6th floor, even smaller, but the smell still persisted causing me to dry retch and have burning sensation in eyes and chest. This room so small that I banged my my leg against bedside cabinet when going to toilet during the night and the bathroom also so small that the sink unit protruded across the shower entrance giving me another whack as I got out the shower.
Because of the air freshener smell I was offered a room in one of their sister hotels across the road but there was the same trouble as soon as I entered the foyer. A very nice young man, Stan, checked around and ascertained all their hotels used the same contractor who used the same air fresheners so I cancelled the rest of my stay as it was becoming very difficult to breath in the environment.
The rooms advertised on Park Grand's website are the doubles and suites which look very nice and spacious but certainly are not representative of the narrow strips of single rooms. I would not rate these 4*
The hotel is well situated, just five minutes from Paddington station and several bus routes and in a quiet area. So a very mixed experience.

Room Tip: Don't book a single room unless you are a midget.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Purrpuss ,

Thank you for your submitting your detailed review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Park Grand London, Hyde Park.

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding your stay. We have a variety of different rooms, so we can cater for any type of request. We also have rooms that are more spacious and located in quieter areas of the hotel and of which can be requested upon making the reservation.

Please allow me to once again apologies for the inconvenience caused and can only wish that you could give us another opportunity. On your next visit we would be so grateful if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or can call me on +44 (0) 20 7262 4521 so that we can personally look after all aspects of your reservation.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Roomservice simply forgotten. No new towels. Stressy, unfriendly receptionists. 98% Indian crew. Requested quiet room: result opposite breakfast room: kitchen noise and smells. Will not return nor recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear 1976Esther,

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding your stay. We have a variety of different rooms, so we can cater for any type of request. We also have rooms that are located in quieter areas of the hotel and of which can be requested upon making the reservation.

Please allow me to once again apologies for the inconvenience caused and request if you could kindly provide me with your reservation details so that I am able to look into this issue further or if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or can call me on +44 (0) 20 7262 4521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.