“Superb”

Ranked #263 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Bangkok
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Location and breakfast with services over all are good
We are coming to stay here again next week .

Duplex room was nice for three people .

We will recommend this place to our friends and family.

Mr and mrs. Ruengkris

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ruengkris
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Ruengkris,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park and sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you found that staff and l friendly and helpful.
At the Park Grand London, Hyde Park with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction. Our breakfast buffet is a selection of high quality food as we want to ensure no one leaves hungry.

May Phan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We, 2 plus 1 small child, spent four nights in a double room.

The hotel is 20 walking minutes from Baker Street (Bus stop from the airport) or 5 from Paddington Station away.
10 to 15 min to Hyde Park NE where the sightseeing bus tours start.

Clean room and hotel, friendly staff and a relatively good breakfast (included) also for non-british taste. Means not only beans, ham and eggs but also a choice of cereals, toast, marmalade, ...

In case we plan another trip to London, we would very likely choose this hotel again, but would book a larger room; our double room was quite small (incl. a full bathroom).

Room Tip: For 2 adults visiting London, a double room is totally fine. Traveling with a child or used to have...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank C G
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear C G,

On behalf of all the staff at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park, thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and our facilities and services were up to your satisfaction. Upon your next visit, our staff would be more than happy to show you one of our more spacious duplex or club rooms.

We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park very soon!

Brindisi, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very enjoyable stay for my short business trip. Staff at front desk friendly and very accommodating. Good location near to buses and tube station. Price very affordable and good buffet breakfast was included. Am recommending it to other colleagues travelling to London.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vicki T
Dear Vicki T,

The Park Grand London Hyde Park is ideally located within walking distance of Paddington Station, Lancaster Gate and even Hyde Park. It also has great tube connections to all of Central London and we are happy that you chose to stay here with us.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I are very pleased with this hotel because of a few main reasons :
1.the service staff are excellent! They are extremely polite and always smiling and making you feel welcome at any time of the day. They are genuine in their hospitality!
2. Everything is in extremely good repair lost brand new, furniture, shower faucets etc!
3. The coffee and tea and biscuits supply are always very prompt and generous
Front office manager Mr gurdeep is extremely professional and job proud!
Dr and Mrs Lim Beng Soon

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seal L
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Seal L,

On behalf of Gurdeep and all the staff at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park, thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and our facilities and services exceeded your expectations. Rest assured that your kind comments about our staff and service will be shared with the team here at the Park Grand, Hyde Park, it is always a great boost for our team spirit when we see our efforts being recognised.

If you need any assistance in planning your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so that we are able to make your stay a more comfortable and positive one.We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park very soon!

Romsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stay in London at least once a week and this was my first time at Park Grand. The hotel was well located, the staff were very polite and welcoming. The hotel is reasonably priced and I would happily stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt B
Dear Matt B,

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and our facilities and services were up to your satisfaction. Rest assured that your kind comments about our staff and service will be shared with the team here at the Park Grand, Hyde Park, it is always a great boost for our team spirit when we see our efforts being recognised.

We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park very soon!

Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I picked this hotel because it was close to Paddington Station and it was affordable. My visit was a quick in and out visit so I knew I wouldn't be spending too much time in the hotel. But, I was very impressed with the staff. My plans changed last minute and I would up getting to the hotel around 9:00 AM the day of check-in, the staff was great and found me a room, they even let me go grab breakfast. That gave me a chance to shower, shave, and take a quick nap before my meetings that afternoon.

The room was good sized, but the bathroom was small and tight to move around in. That is a minor quibble, compared to the rest of my experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Allan L
Dear Allan L,

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and our facilities and services were up to your satisfaction. Our breakfast buffet is a selection of high quality food as we want to ensure no one leaves hungry.

If you need any assistance in planning your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so that we are able to make your stay a more comfortable and positive one.We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park in the near future.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I'm writing this review in the midst of a 4 night stay and I really cant imagine how my remaining two nights can get any worse.
1) I paid for two rooms(at the same rate), and my brother's comes with a fridge while mine does not. When quizzed, the staff simply said its the default room configuration and they couldn't do anything for me, short of giving me the option to leave food at the restaurant fridge.
2) The Internet connection is very, very poor.
3) The hotel is way over-priced. Look up Tripadvisor, I have stayed in another nearby hotel with the same amenities for 20% of the prize.
4) Could not even take a dump in peace! The toilet bowl is with one side touching the wall, and you have to angle yourself in a weird position to be able to do your business.
5) Halfway through a shower, I was interrupted by a member of the staff rather urgently. Seems like water from my shower was dripping into a room below me(for whatever reasons) and I was told to "go easy" on my shower.
6) I have stayed in many hotels and this is definitely not a four-star hotel, even though it has been awarded with it. For example, the hotel doesn't provide toothbrushes!

Lastly, I must add that I booked the room through orbitz.com(which TA pointed me to). Though it stated that the prize was 4218 on TA, orbitz charged me $261 when the booking went through. Be careful hoof your bookings!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business