“Nice, clean hotel with great location”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #241 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed one night at the Park Grand London Hyde Park. While the room was a tad small, it was clean and updated; perfect for a solo traveler. The location of the hotel is very convenient! Close to Paddington Station and within a short walk to Hyde Park and the Central Line.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear quirkygal,

On behalf of all the staff here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park, we would like to thank you for this positive review following your recent stay.

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and you found our staff friendly and helpful.
We are delighted that you chose to stay here with us.

If you need any assistance in planning your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so that we are able to make your stay a more comfortable and positive one.We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park very soon!

May Phan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,169)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Park Grand Hyde Park is situated right between Paddington Station & Hyde Park, which was perfect with me. I liked the hotel, although my single standard room was really small.
This hotel is right for you if you like your room clean and the staff friendly and if you don't need that much space :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Olli K,

Thank you for your submitting your detailed review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Park Grand London, Hyde Park.

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding your stay. We have a variety of different rooms, so we can cater for any type of request. We also have rooms that are more spacious and located in quieter areas of the hotel and of which can be requested upon making the reservation.

If you need any assistance in planning your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We only spent one night and needed a clean, affordable yet high quality accommodation within walking distance to Hyde Park. The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel was perfect for this. Yes, according to others the stairs can be a tad windy - but this is an authentic Victorian building and so the original design reflects this. In addition, we found the lift worked for all floors and (yes) the breakfast was delicious - cooked scramble eggs; not undercooked as preferred in Europe. My only gripe would be to replace the 'concentrated' orange juice for fresh - well worth the investment. We booked the superior triple room (#120) which provided a double sofa bed on the 'ground floor' whilst my husband I had the twin room on the 'upper floor'. A miniature balcony and open stairs separated us - lovely!! The room was well decorated with self-catering facilities. Althought this was not needed, I'd consider this quite useful if staying longer. As far as the staff are concerned - they were extremely helpful and well informed of the "congestion charge" associated wth inner London. Be warned!! If you are unfamiliar with London - they charge £11 (Mon - Fri) if you drive to the inner zone. If not paid - the fine inceases to £130. Please check your journey before leaving! (https://congestioncharging.tfl.gov.uk/b/pb/provideVRM.faces). Again, as with others before, I found very little to fault with our experience there. Highly recommended. Thank you for your assistance - I shall definitely return to one of your hotels if I/we need to stay in London :)

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room overlooking the main street - it can get a little noisy!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Beverooni,

On behalf of all the staff at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park, thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and our facilities and services exceeded your expectations. Rest assured that your kind comments about our staff and service will be shared with the team here at the Park Grand, Hyde Park, it is always a great boost for our team spirit when we see our efforts being recognised.

We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park very soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We booked a quad room for 4 nights. The room was clean, bed soft and comfy and the wifi was good. The folks at the front desk were very helpful.
Typically English breakfast each morning and you can order a bowl of porridge.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff C
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Jeff C,

We are delighted that you chose to stay here with us.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights early July. The staff were all pleasant and were accomodating but I was expecting more from our room which was effectively a cupboard. The bathroom was barely enough size for 1 person to stand in, and the bed was shoe-horned into the room. Our iron was faulty which meant a repair man replacing the unit and the inclusive breakfast was ok...Staff were all very helpful, but the rooms are pretty tired. Our door wouldn't shut properly, the lift was the slowest I've ever experienced, and the restaurant only does breakfast, options for dinner are the local take-away...

I was expecting more for what we paid, which by London standards was fairly cheap, but by any other standards was very expensive!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andez321

Dear Andez321,

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding your stay. We are sorry to hear that you experienced some issues and wish that I had the time prior to your departure to discuss this with you in detail.

Please allow me to once again apologies for the inconvenience caused and request if you could kindly provide me with your reservation details so that I am able to look into this issue or if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or can call me on +44 (0) 20 7262 4521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I went to London with my daughter, and I booked a duplex suite. This is the most expensive room at the hotel, so I thought we were in for a real treat. We were extremely disappointed upon arrival. The duplex suite was nothing like what we expected. The bathroom was absolutely tiny, I would go as far as to call it claustrophobic! The only positive thing in the bathroom was the size of the shower, too bad it took up more than half the room! The fridge in our suite did not work, and we let the reception staff know upon arrival. They promised that the fridge would be fixed the next morning, but this never happened, and we had to do without a fridge for the duration of our stay. The decor in the suite was quite dated, I would at lest suggest a replacement of the carpets! The room was quite noisy as well, the hotel is next to quite a busy road. The breakfast was included in the prize of the room, thank goodness for that! Had I paid extra for this breakfast, I would have been really annoyed! The cooked breakfast was bland and cold, and we chose to buy breakfast at a local restaurant for the rest of our stay. I don't think I will stay at this hotel again. I have been to London 10 times, and this hotel was one of the biggest disappointments I have had so far. The one positive thing I would like to mention, is that the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Regretfully this was not enough to make our stay worth my money!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Kersti Johanson S,

Please allow me to once again apologies for the inconvenience caused and request if you could kindly provide me with your reservation details so that I am able to look into this issue further or if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or can call me on +44 (0) 20 7262 4521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The location of the Park Grand just around the corner from Paddington Station and within a short walk of the Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park complex is an important feature of this hotel. The hotel itself lies within a classic west-end terrace building and offers more of a small boutique hotel experience. The rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. My only gripe is that the sound-proofing between my room and the one next door was not quite what it should have been and the rather enthusiastic nocturnal activities of the room's occupants interrupted what should have been a sound night's sleep. Breakfast in the 'terrace' room was very pleasant.

Room Tip: The rooms are small and travellers with a lot of luggage may have difficulty in the corridors and th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Mal P,

Please allow me to once again apologies for the inconvenience caused and can only wish that you could give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Grand London Hyde Park.