“great location, great staff”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 30 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
tim s
“great location, great staff”
Reviewed 30 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Marylebone is an excellent central London destination and the Globe Apartments give a spacious comfortable base from which to explore the area. Excellent, friendly staff make you feel welcome at all times.

Travelling group: Solo
22 Apr 2015
Hi Tim,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Globe Apartments in the future.

GattinaLA
Province of Naples, Italy
“Free upgrade! and a beautiful flat it was”
Reviewed 14 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The day before we left for London we received a free upgrade from a one- to a two-bedroom apartment in the same building in a central location. (Globe Apartments has done this before for us.) The building itself was very quiet, though there were roadworks nearby more or less coninuously from 8am to 6pm every weekday (this applies to most of inner London nowadays, however); there were two mysterious fire alarms as well, and my husband was awoken by an alarm clock in the flat underneath that someone had forgotten to disable and that beeped for two whole hours one morning; fortunately the housekeeper was able to deal with this problem. The apartment was not huge (except for the main bathroom, which was) but it was comfortable, very clean, and smartly furnished, and the location was absolutely ideal for us: we were within walking distance of Marylebone, Fitzrovia, Bloomsbury, Soho, Covent Garden, and Mayfair. We like to eat at home sometimes (impossible not to, with Selfridge's Food Hall five minutes' walk away) and we soon found there were some deficiences in provisioning (e.g. kitchen roll but no tea-towels at first, though the housekeeper [who deserves special praise] left some half way through the week; no trays; no clingfilm or storage boxes; small paring knives were missing from the box; etc.), but we managed. The heating was hard to adjust (we found the flat a bit hot) and, strangely, the code for the WiFi was written on the back of the router, underneath the TV! The shower in the main bathroom was disappointingly feeble (a power shower is really needed there), and the flat shows signs of having been (re)furbished in a hurry (e.g. the door of the cupboard in the main bathroom would not shut). But all in all we were very pleased, and will use Globe Apartments again in future.

Liked best: Location, location, location
Liked least: Showers
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Feb 2015
Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and are delighted you had an enjoyable stay; we appreciate your feedback and have taken on board your comments in order to improve our services and facilities for our future guests

We look forward to welcoming you back to London on any future visits.

Milan K
“A lovely apartment”
Reviewed 9 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed in the Chiltern Street London apartments in August 2014 and really loved it. The staff were friendly and helpful and the apartment is in a fantastic location. We stay in serviced apartments in Europe and the US frequently and will certainly return to the Globe Apartments.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Jasoosa
Hawalli, Kuwait
“We had a pleasant stay at Global Apartment; everything went smooth, no problems at all.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

The Global Apartment was a great place to stay and very convenient for central London. The Apartment was clean and cozy for the four of us and the bathrooms were big enough specially for us Middle. The staff were attentive, helpful, and super friendly. All in all I would definitely recommend Global Apartment to all my relatives and friends for it's convenience and comfort.

Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
25 Nov 2013
Dear Jasoosa,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on FlipKey; we appreciate your feedback and are delighted you had an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to London on any furture visists.

Elizabeth Winder
Lettings Negotiator

PLEASE NOTE: I am not in the office on Mondays.

Globe Apartments: a trusted name in Serviced Apartments – 2012/2013 research verifies 80% of our short let tenants are repeat customers

45 Chiltern Street
London
W1U 6LU

Tel: 00 44 (0) 20 7935 9512
Fax: 00 44 (0) 20 7486 8315
Freephone: 0800 009 3629

Email: lizzie@globeapt.com
Web: http://www.globeapt.com

This email is confidential and intended for its addressees only. If you have received this in error, please delete it from your PC and inform us by telephone. No reliance may be placed upon this email without written confirmation of its contents and any liability arising from such reliance without confirmation is hereby excluded. Copyright in this email remains with Globe Apartments.
Globe Apartments (Chiltern Street) Limited, reg. no. 05850729, registered at 25 Manchester Square, London, W1U 3PY, registered in England and Wales
tism
Perth
“Great Location....but”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

I arrived at their office to pick up the keys. Had an envelope handed to me & was on my way. No hello, no please let us know if we can help you in any way. Fortunately I knew the location of the apartment. After juggling luggage & working out which key was which I managed to let myself into the building foyer. You need to negotiate a narrow staircase to the 1st floor before you can access the lift. The carpet on the staircase was absolutely filthy. I entered my flat (Flat9 43A Chiltern St) on the 3rd floor facing the road. A good sized living area, a very small kitchen & bathroom & an average sized bedroom with plenty of storage space.
The mattress was a disgrace. It was well & truly past its used by date. It sagged badly & was uncomfortable. Totally unacceptable for the price you are paying for this flat. The safe was in one of the bedroom cupboards but secured to the floor. Anybody with the slightest disability would have trouble accessing it. I tried for 20 minutes to set the lock but the instructions provided didn't seem to pertain to this safe. In the end I gave up & found a hiding spot for my valuables.
The bathroom was fitted with downlights. One of them did not work for the length of my stay. Water pressure from the shower was ordinary at best.
The kitchen was fitted with a convection/microwave oven with a 2 burner hotplate, toaster & kettle. There were plenty of utensils & crockery. A small bar fridge & a washer/dryer took up the rest of the space.
I made 4 attempts at using the washer/dryer. It washed the clothes fine but no way could I get it to dry them. It went through the full wash/dry cycle but at no time did the machine ever heat up. I resorted to a local laundrette about 5 mins walk away.
The flat had free wifi which was more than adequate.
Many choices for eating out very close by in all directions.
2 minute walk from the bus stop & less than 5 min walk to Baker St underground station.
A Tesco Express 3 min walk away or a bigger Waitrose Supermarket 5 min away.
Great location but they really need to address maintenance issues.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Mattress
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
2 Nov 2013
Dear Tism,

I was very upset and concerned to read your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding issues that occurred on your arrival and your general displeasure staying at Globe Apartments.

Individual events can be annoying but they are most often easily rectified, and as a general rule they satisfy a guest’s expectations. Compounded they do not which reflects badly and for this I apologise on behalf of the team and Globe Apartments.

In view of the comments made, I would like to address them: -

• I am sorry to hear that you felt let down on your arrival and did not receive a good first impression from us. We take great care to ensure guests are made to feel welcome when arriving to our office to collect their keys and that they know where they are going and are happy with everything before leaving our office. If we let you down on this initial first impression my apologies, this will be investigated further.

• We have taken into consideration your comments about the mattress. Please be assured I will look into this further as this has never been raised before as a complaint.

• The safes are secured to the floor for security reasons. We take on board your comments regarding access and will explore alternative areas for them.

• Regarding the maintenance issues in the apartment, please be assured had we have been made aware of problems you were experiencing we would have dealt with them immediately so as not to impede on your stay. We have a maintenance team that are very responsive and would have assisted with all your issues raised.

• I am pleased to hear that you appreciated the central location of the apartment.

While you are disappointed there is a genuine pride within the team at Globe as we strive to deliver a high level of service and customer care. It is not uncommon that we have 80% of our customers return to stay with us again.

Moving forward, we appreciate your feedback so that our services can be improved in the future.

Whilst I appreciate that my comments will not undo any dissatisfaction, it was important that we had an opportunity to state our case.

I do hope that you will visit Globe Apartments again in the future, and if you do, could you kindly request Check In London to contact me personally and I will ensure that your next stay will be the Globe experience expected.

Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 6 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Lori B
San Diego, California
“Misrepresented”
Reviewed 27 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

Beware of booking this flat for more than 2 adults. We were told that the flat had two bedrooms and two bathrooms that accommodated 4 adults. In truth the second bedroom was tiny (door could not be opened completely as it hit the bed) and only one person could fit into the room to stand. The second bathroom had a shower that only a child could comfortably use. Only the master bath had the towels changed on the first day of service and the last day no fresh towels were provided. The clothes dryer was broken, there were no trash bags, no broom or cleaning supplies and we were told to buy our own toilet paper. The major plus was the excellent location. In summary, a flat that we paid a 5 star price but received 1 star service and misrepresented accommodations.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Great location
Liked least: Sleeping arrangements and second bathroom
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 May 2012
Dear Lori,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Premium Plus 2 bedroom apartment on Chiltern Street, Marylebone, W1U.

We are sorry to read about your experience and to know that we did not fulfil your expectations. It is always our aim to ensure guests have a comfortable stay and I can assure you that the issues you have raised will be addressed by our staff.

In regards to the size and description of our apartment, I can assure you that we often house 4 adults in these apartments comfortably. We advertise that the apartment has one en-suite and a second shower room - we will look into updating our website to specify that it is a standard UK shower cubicle. In regards to the housekeeping issues, we provide cleaning service 3 times a week with a once a week linen and towel change meaning you would only receive fresh towels once a week rather than each serviced day. At the beginning of each tenancy we provide a starter cleaning pack with essential cleaning supplies and toiletries; however it was our error informing you that the toilet paper was not replaced.

Again we are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations at Globe Apartments and we would love to have the opportunity to meet them on your next trip to London.

Globe Apartments
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing