“home from home”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Home from Home

En-suite Bathroom (1 of 2) Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Balcony
En-suite Bathroom (1 of 2)
Kitchen
The Building
Lounge
Building
Lounge/kitchen
Master bedoom with en-suite
World famous Portobello Market
...with fantastic restaurants like Pizza East...
The iconic Marble Arch...
The breathtaking Albert Memorial...
And Buckingham Palace all a short ride away!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

markfO940...
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“home from home”
Reviewed 2 August 2017 for a stay in June 2017

All as advertised Found it to be right location for us , tidy and clean, home from home
would book again

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
14 Aug 2017
Thank you so much - please use the apartment again, any time.
wmac1949
Paris, France
“5 nights in an ashtray”
Reviewed 29 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We, my wife, daughter and I, turned up and everything looked great, then we opened the door and were engulfed in the smell of stale cigarettes. What a disappointment! The next morning we contacted the owner to be told, I'm sorry, I didn't know and open the doors to the balcony, which we had already done. Not a follow up call to check how we were going, a card under the door, maybe even flowers, nothing. So we kept the doors open and came home every afternoon, after wandering around London,to a smelly, cold apartment. It was such a shame as the apartment, smell aside, was nice. I couldn't honestly recommend this to anybody as I don't know how it usually smells.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 Sep 2015
I was advised there would be 2 travellers in the group and in fact there were more. I was not happy and advised them, hence a rather unnecessarily unkind review.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: convienience
Liked least: nothing we didn't like
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Oct 2013
Thank you.
simmyb85
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Average Apartment, Unfriendly Owner”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I stayed at this apartment with some friends as a base for Notting Hill Carnival and westfields shopping centre as it is in a perfect location for exploring both on foot (If you don't mind a bit of a walk!) whilst the location was great, with Portobello road also a short walk away, myself and my group were disappointed with the apartment. In the pictures this apartment looks modern, clean and spacious, however in reality it is quirky and cluttered with many of the owners belongings occupying the space. The apartment initially seemed fairly clean, however, when we took a closer look the kitchen area and bathrooms needed further cleaning before we used them.
I was very disappointed by the owners attitude towards us as a group staying for carnival, she made it clear that she disapproved of the event and was suspicious that as we were attending we would be the type of people to cause problems. I was told off and warned in the same manner you would a teenager you were leaving home alone! I also feel that her response times to queries I made before our stay were mostly slow once I had paid. They also lacked information I had asked for. For the price I paid you can rent nicer accommodation with much friendlier and efficient service, therefore I would not stay again or recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: The clutter
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 Oct 2013
I spoke with one of the four young ladies about the rules of the apartment building, given that their occupation was during Carnival. I intended no offence, and I said so at the time. One of them had used hair dye which had stained the carpet. I did not ask for compensation, rather returned the balance of the deposit immediately. I am far from unfriendly and extremely courteous to guests. It is unfortunate that I have not succeeded in securing other reviews.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing