“Classic Old English Gastropub for Carnivores!”
Review of The Jugged Hare

The Jugged Hare
Ranked #115 of 1,318 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is a classic English pub so nicely 'done-up' with a very nice menu more fitting of a quality restaurant.
My lamb was great and herself's fish was superb (which she eventually admitted after recovering from seeing a couple of deceased hares hanging in the window!) It had a game & meat theme and sourced much of its produce from diverse locations (well-listed) and a good wine list to match.
Well worth a try if you are in the area!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I went to the Jugged Hare after my graduation ceremony yesterday, and I absolutely loved it. As a bit of a carnivore, the food was superb, and the customer service was fantastic. There was an issue with one of our main meals, which added a five minute delay, so the man serving our table gave us an enormous plate of entrees for free. I will most certainly be back the next time I am in Barbican.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We visited here on a busy Saturday evening (I would suggest booking).

The waiters were very friendly and helpful - I was struggling to decide on starters so asked advise. I chose scallops with samphire, OH chose the special of asparagus. For main I chose roast cod with gem hearts and peas - SO fresh and tasty. OH once again chose from the special board, a delicious pork dish

Great wine list, prices very reasonable. I tried to resist the dessert and failed miserably!
Cannot wait to visit again

Very relaxed atmosphere

Reviewed 6 May 2013

What a nice place! And I thought that before I'd even seen the menu! Very friendly, helpful and welcoming staff, a great and sociable table for 6 of us and delicious Sunday roasts with plenty of sides. Making room for dessert was worth it too! We'll be returning very soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Visited on Sunday with family pre-Barbican concert. There was a good selection of food from Sunday roasts to fish and gourmet burgers. There is no childrens menu as such but they are able to down- size most of the dishes for smaller eaters. We felt very welcome, the service was very good, friendly and attentive. The food was lovely, the roast dinner with 45 day aged beef served with crispy roast potatoes and well cooked veg was one of the nicest I've had anywhere, while my partner enjoyed his huge and tasty burger. The children's portions were a good size. Contrary to a previous reviewer we did not feel put off by the decor, in fact my nine year old daughter coukd not wait to get her camera out to snap the rabbits and pigs' heads!!

Whilst not cheap ( this is London), I felt the food was good value and would recommend for grown-ups and kids of all ages.