“Authentic”

Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: Velo is a novel concept that combines Vietnamese street food with state-of-the art touch screen ordering technology. The first of its kind, it offers light, fresh and healthy Vietnamese food in a fresh and crisp interior. The status of each order can be watched as it progresses through the open kitchen and on a pick up display. Located in Tooley Street by MORE London/London Bridge, Velo is fast becoming a destination that brings Vietnamese food with a difference to Central London.
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Just very briefly, I've been to Vietnam, had REAL Vietnamese food and when I tasted the Pho here, I felt like I had the exact same experience, except it was in the center of London. Fast service, great taste, great atmosphere. It is a semi-fast-food restaurant after all and for that level, the atmosphere was brilliant. Bless the moment when I noticed the tripadvisor sign on their door while walking on the street :-)

Date of visit: June 2013

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This restaurant is v good value for money, in between restaurant and fast food! you are v quickly served and the food is really good!
they do offer as well delivery servives.
I recommend it if you are after something good, cheap and quick!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I found this place through Tripadvisor when searching for Vietnames food in the area. And what a find! It started with me calling the restaurant to ask if they take reservations and if there are proper tables to sit down. The gentleman answering the phone was nice and polite, explained the concept and confirmed my reservation. We were very late compared to our booked time, but the 'Reserved' sign had not been taken away, which was great. Food was freshly prepared and extremely tasty. I can recommend the summer roles (we tried all three - chicken, prawn and veggie) and the Pho - I had chicken, which was fantastic! In anticipation of our next trip to Velo we also took the ECard available and charged it up with GBP 20, so we can try the fun computer ordering system next time. We can't wait to be back. And please let me know if and when there is ever a Velo close to Waterloo station as I would come a lot more often still!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Totally over rated fast food - they pull bits of dried out pork from a drawer and put ontop of horrid rice and noodles and push in a bit of soggy salad. I threw the whole thing in the bin after a couple of bites. Not sure how they get away with it.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Husband and I had an early dinner here the other night, and tried not only the spring rolls (tasty but just a bit small) but the summer rolls too (tasty, big and very very fresh). We both tried different Pho options, and we were pleasantly surprised, as this was our first truly Vietnamese meal experience. Both were really generous portions, and the ingredients seemed extremely fresh and varied too. There is a wide variety of juices and other drinks, but there wasn't a large selection on the menu in general. They have wine, but only choices are red or white. Only 4 desserts total, which we didn't try. So if you're not into Asian style food, you probably won't find much to eat, but if you do or want to try, I think you'll find something!
It's easy to find, but it's not a very large seating area. It's very clean though, and the electronic ordering system is rather convenient. They do a lot of take away as well, if you'd like to order and eat elsewhere. They took the UK tastecard discount card as well for us!
Overall we were very pleased with the experience, and the service was fast, helpful and very friendly!

Date of visit: March 2013