“Great Healthy Takeaway Food”

Velo - London Bridge
Ranked #6,587 of 25,042 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: Velo is a novel concept that combines Vietnamese street food with state-of-the art touch screen ordering technology. The first of its kind, it offers light, fresh and healthy Vietnamese food in a fresh and crisp interior. The status of each order can be watched as it progresses through the open kitchen and on a pick up display. Located in Tooley Street by MORE London/London Bridge, Velo is fast becoming a destination that brings Vietnamese food with a difference to Central London.
Reviewed 9 January 2015

I have been to Velo on 3 occasions now and everytime I have had a great experience and eaten some great food. The self order stations are great and have the option of making a lot of the menu gluten free which is perfect for me. Food always tastes fresh, hot and delicious. Would definitely recommend this place and I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Laura A

Reviewed 8 January 2015

We ordered the food to our office using Deliveroo, so I can't comment on the physical restaurant, but the food was amazing! It's hard to beat the Pho you get in Vietnam proper, but it was absolutely delicious all the same. The mixed spring rolls were a tasty little highlight, texture & flavours were really complex and beat any I've had in a takeout previously hands down. Only thing I'd have changed is to have the Pho a little spicier, but that's personal taste and you can't complain. I will definitely be getting lunch from here again in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

I finally made a trip to Velo having been past it lots of times over the past few months.
Hmmm, I had high hopes for this as am quite a fan of Vietnamese food. As it was a cold day, I decided to go for the broth with tofu,imagining to be hearty and full of flavour. However, I was disappointed by the blandness of the broth, and ended up pouring in loads of soy sauce to try and compensate for this- not good for the salt intake!!
The restaurant itself appeared clean and there is plenty of seating. However, this does not make up for the boring and bland food. And it's not that cheap either.
I had considered going back to try something else and give it a second chance, but don't think I will bother now, after all.

Reviewed 24 December 2014 via mobile

I ordered a roast pork dry pho it wasn't too bad actually but unfortunately as I've tasted the real Vietnamese pho in Melbourne and in Hanoi nothing really comes close to the same taste. But it's really not too bad considering it's a quick lunch break from work. I will be back again soon.

I think the restaurant could provide free water (tap) on the side for customers.

Reviewed 22 November 2014

Cheaper than many places around London Bridge, this little canteen style restaurant can become really hectic on lunch time, but if you visit it outside lunch hours, staff will welcome you with warm smile and will explain you about food in detail.

The interesting point of this restaurant is innovative touch screen ordering system, which look like helped a lot to serve even quicker the hungry lunch crowd, and it is fun to play with as you can edit your preferences for every meal!

As vegetarian, I would recommend to go for veggie nuggets soup and tofu vermicelli salad, really delicious!