“Nice find...”

Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: Velo is a novel concept that combines Vietnamese street food with state-of-the art touch screen ordering technology. The first of its kind, it offers light, fresh and healthy Vietnamese food in a fresh and crisp interior. The status of each order can be watched as it progresses through the open kitchen and on a pick up display. Located in Tooley Street by MORE London/London Bridge, Velo is fast becoming a destination that brings Vietnamese food with a difference to Central London.
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this place walking to the station.

Food was pricey but extreme tasty. Ordered the chicken curry which was tasty.

Would recommend if you fancy a quick tasty bite.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

I remembered coming here as soon as they open, as I was working literally in front of Velo. The food was amazing, the service and prices were always high but it was worth it. After my first experience I used to come almost every day, start bringing my best friend, family etc, but one day the management decided to change the packaging where they do serve the food EAT IN for plastic take away packaging, big fail! Fortunately I realised today they have bring back the eat it pots. I am giving you 2 stars because the quality of the food has decreased and with prices like yours it's a big not coming back from me. I had spring Spring rolls today and honestly they were soggy, warm and súper oily, do not mention that the wrapping wasn't very skilled. Good luck in the future for you.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Today I have decide to have my lunch at Velo in Southwark.
The food wasn't very bad, but nothing outstanding - I would rate it a average experience.
I had a look at their website before heading to the restaurant and I meant to order Honey Lemongrass Chicken Rice, but in restaurant there was Velo Rice listed (which did not appear on the website menu) and I went for this one.
The difference was that it had both pork and chicken meat, plus a prawn.
And I took a tofu spring roll - well I wanted a veggie one, but surprise, even iot was showing on the website, it wasn't served in the restaurant.
Plus, the price was different - on the website it was showing 2.5 pounds for 2 spring rolls, in the restaurant I've learnt there is only 1 spring roll for the same price.

Dear restaurant manager, sorry, but definitely not the way to do it - have different prices online and in the restaurant...

The food wasn't at all that tasteful how I was expecting - quite plain I would say...
The only good thing in this experience was the serving - very quick, but I was there around 11:30, so not quite the peak lunch hours.
If I would take one of my friends to eat there - not really.
If I would be interested in repeating the experience myself - not at all. Doesn't worth the money for the quality provided.

VeloVietnamese, Owner at Velo - London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Dear Ramona

Thank you for your review and sharing your lunch experience at Velo with us.

It appears that there was some misunderstanding about our menu pricing. First, we'd like to say that our menus online and in the restaurant are identical and they have always been. Our website menu does list the Velo Rice dish, but for eating in, only the large size is available. For take-away, both sizes are available as shown on our website and in our restaurant menu. The same applies to the Honey Lemongrass Chicken Rice. The Vegi Spring rolls are available on bot menus but perhaps on that particular day of your visit, we ran out of them.

As for the price difference for 1 versus 2 rolls, perhaps the confusion was whether the rolls were spring rolls (fried) or summer rolls (unfried). For £2.50 (take-away pricing), you can either get 2 spring rolls or 1 summer roll.

We are sorry about your confusion over pricing, but if you look again carefully, both menus online and in the restaurant show the same items and prices. Please contact us at touchme@velorestaurant.com if you'd like us to clarify anything further.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

I regularly eat at Velo for lunch and have enjoyed their vermicelli and curry on occasion and have found these to be very good. I will usually opt for the pork spring rolls and beef pho. The spring rolls are always great, and more often than not so is the pho - flavourful and full of beef and herbs. There have been a couple of occasions where the pho has been really quite flat, and the beef gristly, which is always a disappointment, but I think these were isolated incidents, and it hasn't stopped me from coming back at all.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Very happy we happened across this place. Lovely spicy Pho, very accommodating and knowledgable about gluten free (all dishes labelled accordingly) and no bad reactions after. Staff were really friendly. Nice and busy over lunch but food came quickly. Recommended!