“So disappointing”

The Hammersmith Cafe
Ranked #9,640 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: this is a very small restaurant that does not have a web site. However, it is near to my house and we visit it about once a week. Easily, the best Thai food in London. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?q=The+Hammersmith+Cafe+&hl=en&cid=7290619508175860191
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I have been going here for years, mostly in the evening. Just returned from lunch . The waitress was unbearably rude, the food extremely poor( one dish sent back as it tasted of floor cleaner).we returned home quickly as 2 out of 3 of us had to dash to the toilet unwell. Don't know if its changed ownership but I certainly won't go again in a hurry. What a shame! Maybe it is still ok in the evening.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We're local to this area, and been coming here for years - the food is always excellent, prices low, good service and it's bring your own bottle - what's not to like?
Some people might be put off by the basic "cafe" decor - but if you want to eat here on a Saturday night after 8pm you will have to book days in advance - packed with locals who know how good the food is.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

In order to line my stomach before the beer festival, I tried this place on the way to Olympia. For under £5 I had 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, plenty of toast and coffee. The service was pleasant, friendly & efficient & I didnt have long to wait for my food. This is a Thai place -I don't know about the Thai food, but the traditional English breakfast (not at all greasy), was very nice, and could have contained all the other usual breakfast items, if I wanted them. Better value than most of the other similar places in the area,.Handily located opposite the Town Hall & Cinema adjacent to several bus routes along King St.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you didn't know this place was good you would probably walk right past it without a second glance, you certainly wouldn't notice it if you looked down the road it is on from the high street but The Hammersmith Cafe is a gem.

We used to come here when we lived in Hammersmith so we went back for old times sake.

Eight years down the line the breakfast is as good as ever. We spent £11 for breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children to have a hearty breakfast which set us all up for the day.

We didn't sample the evening Thai food but judging from the fact that they've maintained breakfast standards I suspect the Thai dinner would be just as good as it ever was!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Without a doubt the best Thai food I've eaten outside of Thailand, everything is great (and I keep going back a lot!) and at a price that is amazing.
I can't recommend this place enough.
Oh, it's BYOB