“GRAND thanks:)”

and 1 more site!
Rowan Park Lodge
Ranked #131 of 908 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were somehow sent here coz the hotel I had reserved messed up the reservations and got no room available for us! However, the awful beginning turned out to have a happy ending. Everyone here was so helpful and even apologized for others' mistake. Thanks to them, we finally had a comfortable night after long tiring travel. What really exceeded our expectation was that they even managed to help us to get back to the initial hotel for the second day and charged us totally NOTHING!
Again thank you so much:)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lilyzheng

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed at Rowan Park Lodge for a recent trip to London. Giulia was very helpful with travel tips during our stay as well as picking us up and dropping us off at the train station. The room was clean, as well as the kitchen area. The breakfast was sparse, mostly bread and jam/butter with a small selection or granola or cereal.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the service, Giulia was a nice hostess, but having booked at this B&B based on other travelers reviews, we were left a bit underwhelmed. The location is quiet a far way from the city, and being that most of our sites were in Central London it was a lot of back and forth (again, Giulia was quite helpful with travel to and from the train station when we really needed it). There is easy and cheap public transportation available from both the bus stop and train station into London but it is an added 30-45 min of travel and an added expense.

Overall, for the price and location, it is a bit expensive. A nice stay, but I would recommend looking into other options closer to the city as well. The stay did not make or break our trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julia K
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I found the Rowan Park Lodge online and decided to stay here for our one week tour of London. The owner, Giulia, answered my emails promptly prior to my arrival and gave me perfect instructions on what kind of public transportation tickets to buy, and how to get from Heathrow airport to the lodge. She even offered to pick us up at the train station on the first day, and upon our arrival, brought us tea and cookies. I told her I was studying Italian and she promptly asked me "what time would you like to have breakfast in the morning" in Italian. True to her word, she had a delicious breakfast spread ready the next morning, with tea and coffee, pastries, granola, cereal, yogurt, juice, toast, jams, Nutella, and then some.

The room we stayed in (Harrod's) was absolutely beautiful. It was decorated well, and looked to be brand new. The furnishings were wonderful, and the bathroom was great too. Plenty of hot water, great water pressure, and a bidet (it's the little things...)!

Getting to London from the Rowan Park Lodge requires a very short bus ride (2-5 minutes) to the Streatham Commons station, then an overground train (10-12 minutes) to the Victoria Station at the heart of London. From there, you are a few underground tubes away from anywhere. While this may sound like a lot of travel, it's really not, seeing as London is one of those cities where you have to take overground and underground, taxis and buses to get from anyplace to anyplace. We stayed out very late, and the trains continue to run often, and given that you'll be riding metros/trains/taxis/buses all day anyway, what's another 10 minutes on a train and 3 minutes on a bus?

My friend chose to stay in the heart of London instead of at the Rowan Park Lodge stating that she wanted to be closer to everything. She payed 50% more than I did to stay in an outdated hotel with thin walls, gross bedding and rude employees. When I told her how much we paid, and showed photos of how beautiful, clean and spacious the rooms were, it became clear that the Rowan Park Lodge is one of the best values for money in London.

All in all, if I ever go back to London again, there is no question about where I will be staying. Giulia's wonderful hospitality combined with the beautiful rooms and delicious breakfasts at the Rowan Park Lodge make this a no-brainer.

Thank you, Giulia!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NP1990
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We were a little worried before arriving as Jack Dimmer Close wasn't showing up on Google maps and Giulia informed us the phone reception was poor but it turned out Jack Dimmer Close is inside a housing development and that's why it didn't show up! It was so nice of her to pick us up from the train station. If you are coming from Gatwick airport like we did make sure to only get a ticket to Croydon and once there buy a day ticket for zones 1-6 so you can use it for the rest of the day! I unfortunately left my phone charger behind but Giulia was kind enough to post it home to me! The only tiny problem was that it took us more than an hour to get back in the evening but other than the location, this B&B was great!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eve A
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Rowan Park Lodge and its owner, Giula, made my trip around London. It was not just the cuttiest B&B I have ever experienced in my life but it was the warmest one. Go back to this B&B after a long day spent walking through the beautiful, gaudy and stressfull streets and tubes of London, gave me serenity. I felt at home. It was not just because of the beautiful decor of the house, the dreaming colours and its cleaness it was also because of Giulia. Since our first day in London we realized it was going to be a great stay also thanks to the kindness and helpfulness of this Italian woman.She came to pick me and friends of mine up from the train station, brought us to the B&B by car, and explained us the best way to move from the B&B to London city center and around London without spending fortune, taxi included (for the late night).Every morning she welcomed us with a delicious breakfast and most of all (this is a precious information for italians like me) with a real italian espresso, not just one, two or as many as you like. Would you pretend more? Thanks Giulia and thanks Rowan Park Lodge!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annachiara M
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Cozy little hostal with very nice rooms and amazing service (the owner has a great disposition and flexibility). It is Quite close to Stetham Train Station and about 20 minutes away by train from the main turist attractions of London, which is the only drawback. But I still recommend this place a lot!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 12 September 2012

this B&B is really the place where worth spending your stay when travelling in London.
service,rooms, cleanliness, quietness are at top.
it's a newly-built, newly-furnished, comfortable B&B, which make you feel at ease.
plenty of choice for breakfast and Giulia's hospitality do the rest.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends