“Wow! Loved it!”

Ranked #81 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Wow! Loved it!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed three nights 2 - 4 Sept. Choose this hotel because of it's location. Arrived and checked in to our room in less than 5 minutes. The bedrooms was not huge, but everything you need is there. The bed was massive and very comfortable. Unlike many hotels the hairdryer was a full sized salon model. The tablet in the room was a great tool, used to control lighting, heating, TV etc.
The lobby/lounge was unusual with plenty to read/do, the concept of the coffee table books to browse through and buy was inspired. The food was excellent quality and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Kaye P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 6 September 2012

A great hotel is a thing of personal taste and not every hotel is for everyone, but for me CitizenM was exactly what I look for in a hotel. I don't really care for receptionists talking on the phone when I wan't to check in or check out, but I do wan't to have someone who I can ask for advice or help if I need to, so there was enough self check-in machines for everyone so I could do what I needed to with no waiting, but also splendid helpful ambassadors to help everyone with anything and everything you need. For a room I want a clean, silent and well working room, if I'm not staying for weeks I really don't need to have room for a dance floor and 7 cupboard for the clothes, so the room was well designed, superbly cleaned and dead silent (also completely dark when I wanted to) I don't plan my trips very well, so for me having internet access to check directions, opening hours and ticket availability is more or less a must, so CitizenM provided me with free internet connection, a personal tablet computer in the room and several computers on the public space (with printer to take the tickets and directions with you). Again, I don't care about expensive minibars, but I do wan't to be able to eat or drink when I wan't, so a fridge with water in the room and room for your own stuff, 24hours canteen in the lobby and several good shops right around the corner. Also there are several restaurants to choose from a minute walk so you can have the breakfast and dinner that suits you the best. The location might seem a bit of for someone that wants to stay next to Hyde Park, but I say you see more when staying somewhere else. Visit Tate Modern right in the morning before the long queues form and grab lunch form Borough market on your way to Tower Bridge. And when you do want to go to Hyde Park(you really should) or to Bond street it's a 5 minute walk to Southwark tube station or 10 minute walk trough the millenium bridge to the City.

On top of this all, there is great "living room" feel to the lobby area and beautiful interior design all around, but I don't see that as the point of this place. It's not only a great looking "design hotel" you run into time to time, but a great hotel that also looks great.

All in all, if a hotel would be done according to my wish list, it would be very very close to CitizenM bankside, and I definitely will be coming back.

Room Tip: The lifts aren't the fastest ones, so if you'll be popping in and out of the room all the ti...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hannu H
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I loved everything from the minute I stepped inside the door. The feeling of the hotel was not of an empty foyer but of a place people wanted to spend time and relax. The design was open plan, friendly and inviting, vibrant without the noise. The staff were very helpful and friendly. It is a hotel that no matter what age you are, the atmosphere and design is a place you will fit in.
My son, aged 10, who was with me, was mesmerised by the pad control in the room. High tech made easy. I could have easily stayed the weekend at the hotel, not gone out and still felt I had a good time. I also loved citizenM's sayings.
The room size isn't huge but the bed was and it was so comfortable! The blackout blind was great, as time didn't seem to work the same way in London as at home, and it was late every night before getting to sleep, so you could sleep in without the morning light waking you up before you were ready.
CitizenM is very close to London bridge and all it's attractions. The underground is about seven minutes walk, with connections to all the other attractions London has to offer.
Pricewise I'm not sure I could bring all the family, but if only two going again, CitizenM is the place for me!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 100Joanne100
Melbourne
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed from 31.08.2012 for 4 nights, after a 24 hour flight from Melbourne could not believe that from stepping into the lobby I was in my room 3 minutes later. Awesome. Got to choose my room. Awesome. Tablet in the room had a "welcome" message with my name (as did the TV when it was turned on). Won't repeat all the other goodies that have been mentioned in other reviewes. It had all of it and more. I chose this place based on a random search on a different booking website and then a quick scan of this website (at that point ony 4 reviews were posted). I hope a CitizenM opens in Australia at some point, it will be the place I stay. When sitting in the loddy / lounge area eating breakfast one day I actually felt like I was sitting at home. Exactly how you should feel at a hotel, comfortable and not as if your in someones way. Even when waiting for the lift, if a staff member walked past and noticed the "up" arrow was now lit up, they would press it for you. Awesome.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the street, mine faced into the courtyard and with the shade down you could sti...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank LucasK
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

What a great place! If you are staying for a night and want to try out something funky and out of this world, stay at CitizenM!
It is ideal for art lovers (Tate Modern is just around the corner and the in house decor is a piece of art on its own), for food lovers (the breakfast, make sure you pre-book it the night before! is a delight), for young folks, for old folks, for people who like to play around with in room gadgets, for an amazing stay with sweet dreams guaranteed. The room also comes with free movies and internet. And on top of that, the staff is fabulous.
For a sunday night it was absolute value for money. Can't wait to try out all the others CitizenM around the world!

Room Tip: Book a room with courtyard view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan B
Mollymook, Australia
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We love Citizen M having also stayed there in Amsterdam. Rooms are not big but the bed is. Everything works, is clean and pretty funky - without but almost trying too hard.
You wouldn't spend much time in the room other than sleeping or showering but the lobby has great places to curl up with coffee wine etc read book watch TV.
We would definitely seek out Citzen M hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Lovely modern and spotlessly clean hotel which I couldn't fault. All the staff were welcoming and always happy to help. Only spent a short stay of 3 night whilst visiting the Paralympics, but wouldn't hesitate to go again. Comfy beds, good breakfast ( we didn't sample the food at other times) and my son loved the fact that he could use the samsung tablet in the room to go on the internet for free. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family