“just right!”

citizenM London Bankside
Ranked #85 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 October 2012

i saw the amazing reviews on TA and was quite excited. I wasn't disappointed. helpful staff. very very interesting and different decor. Felt like a destination in of itself! Bankside was very convenient for us as we like walking and taking the tube. we walked across the millenium bridge every day. the hotel is an easy 5-10 minute walk from Southwark tube station and maybe 10-15minutes from London Bridge station. Across the street was a Marks&Spencer for snacks and such. The hotel claims great beds and showers. and it was exactly that. even though room was small, it wasn't cramped, it was clean and bright. Bed was exceedingly comfortable. free movies were great. the wifi didn't work in the room the first day, but worked in lobby. they fixed it by the second day. we didn't eat the food of the restaurant, but it looked nice and friendly. 2 Macs with printer available to print out maps and such. Friendly staff. I checked in as a solo female traveler and felt safe. Need card key to use elevator. soundproof. i'll be back to this chain whenever i can! the one thing i would warn is that if you are travelling with a friend, you should be very close as you will have no privacy in this room. although lounge space is quite nice to hang out in. For the price, we got much more than a chain hotel and i think more comfort than an old quaint B/B. great blackout shades.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I spent six nights at the CitizenM Hotel and I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is equipped with a tablet in each room. It control the light, temperature, blinds etc. The rooms are small but perfectly organized. The bed is large and comfortable. Fre Wi-Fi is available and you can call home for free.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same but I recommand a room with a view on the street instead of the inside co...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Danie B
Reviewed 24 October 2012

CitizenM in Bankside is so funky it hurts. The alarm wakes you with the sound of raindrops and mood lighting gradually bringing you to the surface, the coffee is great, the surroundings a combination of stylish and casual, the staff helpful and friendly but...
you can't get any laundry done - staff will give you a map showing a very long walk to the nearest laundromat. This is not a practical option for the long stay business traveller.
you can't make yourself a cup of tea
you don't get a facecloth, which makes wet shaving a bit of a hassle
there's apparently nowhere to give feedback
for such a high-style place, the movie selection is middle to low brow, although nice that you don't have to pay for them
little things you get used to in hotels like being able to find an envelope are a big deal.
I'm glad I'm staying here - it's very well located for a stint at the Financial Times, and not far from lots of interesting bits of newly fashionable eastern bits of London. After 3 days, though, I'm kind of missing it just doing the basics a bit better. At 100 quid a night, I should be able to get my smalls washed without a long hike under my own steam.

Room Tip: go for a first floor room, so you can use the downstairs lounge and dining room like an extension of...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Smichols2009
Reviewed 24 October 2012

First time I stayed for a couple of nights at a citizenM hotel (after already staying in the lobby working for a couple of times in another one of their hotels. But I can only say that it is a very modern but still very warm hotel. Lovely atmosphere and located within a couple of minutes walking distance from London Bridge tube station.
The rooms itself are well designed and can be completely controlled via in the in-room tablet. The hotel staff is very nice and eager to assist you in case needed. I loved my stay here, and i can recommend it to everybody.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jcvangent
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The citizenM is a very modern and cool hotel. Located walking distance from London Bridge tube station, it offers a quiet place to relax after a long day at work or after shopping. The rooms are not so big, but well designed and exciting: lights, tv and music can be turned on/off using a tablet. Downstairs you have a bar, which is very conveniently open 24/7. I loved my stay here, and will very probably stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PieBai
Reviewed 22 October 2012

An amazing hotel, the staff was superb and the overal hotel was so different and up to date with the times it catered for our needs. Free wi-fi, a tablet controlled room, a great view and amazing food with great service. The bed is so big and comfortable and at night you can be in your bed and watch the world go by. The shower was also big and really nice and clean.
I wish that I could of picked the hotel up and put it closer to a tube, we had one miserable day and the walk to the tube was long however the next day was dry and the walk was pleasant, citizen m you need to open up more of these wonderful hotels in London. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Toybird81
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Greeting was fantastic! Loved the enterance! The room was tiny! Yes, I've read all the reviews, but it was really, really tiny. Had I been staying by myself it would have been perfect. I wasn't staying alone though and had my boyfriend with me. Together we had two large pieces of luggage because we were travelling. There was just simply no room to hang things or place things. So if I were going for a weekend get-away, or going it alone on business, I would most definitely return. But for a week with with someone, it was was a little too crammed.
Another note, this is a new hotel and there are a few bugs to iron out. We had to have our tablet set almost every day because either our blind didn't work, or our TV didn't work, or our lighting didn't work or our room temp didn't work- via the tablet. There are switches so you're not toally stuck - except for the tele and room temp. control.The front desk was much obliged to correct this and it only took a minute to fix.
My boyfriend and I love walking, so this was a perfect location. Fifteen minutes to the London Eye - so close to all the major attractions.
The bed is comfortable. The bathroom was clean - kinda wish they had replaced the shower curtain, it smelled just a little. Overall, I did enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: I was told to get a room in the middle of the hotel - if you room is facing the outside, it may be a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple