citizenM London Bankside
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
3,743 results
All reviewscitizen mmood lightingfree moviesborough marketsamsung tabletrooms are smallroom controlsfunky hotelhigh techlondon bridgehuge bedtate modernsouthwark tuberain showersouth banklounge arealoved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Spent one night at the Citizen M bankside in February 2014, this boutique style hotel is ideal for a short stay. I liked the minimalist styling and gadgety rooms which were more than adequate for our break. The rooms are all identical and aren't very big. An oversize bed takes up the whole end of the room under the window, so you can only get onto the bed from one side. The beds and duvets are comfy with oversize pillows aplenty. The shower and loo are housed in an opaque pod that occupies one side of the room, and looks funky when lit up at night. Everything is run by a little tablet that sits on a tiny bedside table. Blinds, curtains, temperature, TV and music are all controlled using it. Anyone familiar with an ipad will be at home straightaway with the technology, although some things take a while to start - I've never had to wait for a TV to 'load' before!

Are there any downsides? Not many to be honest, the public spaces in the hotel are light and airy and have a hipster buzz with the bar, breakfast area and lounge area sharing one space with sofas, tables, TV's and computers. In contrast, the rooms are deliberately small with little if any space for luggage, and there's a sense that the hotel is very much aimed at people staying just a day or two; I think I would have found it too small for any length of time. Location wise, Bankside is a little bit off the beaten track, being about halfway between London Bridge and Southwark underground stations (5-7 minute walk for each). However, I'm glad I tried it and would definitely recommend the CitizenM to anyone who likes that funky minimalist style. If you do decide to book, make sure you register as a 'Citizen' first on the website to get a better rate, it only takes a minute or so.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Booked here on the recommendation of a friend who's stayed in the one in Amsterdam. As soon as you walk in you feel at home, the lobby/bar/lounge area is warm and inviting. Check-Ins a breeze using the terminals and RFID keycards and the room was great. We had a hand written note welcoming us, a lovely touch.

The rooms are not large but they're chic and have a great, and huge, bed.

Being a geek I loved the tablet mood pad which controls everything from TV, room lighting, temperature, blinds etc. Free WiFi was fast very welcome, makes a change not to be fleeced as most others do for this.

We loved it so much we will be back!

1  Thank DarrenGriff
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Finally the PERFECT hotel model! A place you want to be in (fun philosophy and great design), comfortable (the extra large king size beds in all rooms are amazing and the temperature, lighting, and media all controlled by a "moon pad"), great atmosphere and food, all at a price that makes it affordable enough not just to be an occasional luxury treat!
A lot of hotels have an awful lot to learn from them!

1  Thank Chantal P
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great concept this hotel has. Although the room are very small but well equipped with nice gadgets, the best place of the hotel is the general area. It is not a lobby but a nice place to work and to relax (small bar) in the middle. Across the street a food market with reat hot dogs.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night on Valentines day, and we had the most incredible stay!
I had been wanting to stay at a CitizenM for ages, and when we finally got round to booking, it was so much better than I had imagined!
The room was incredible, I could have spend all day in there! And it was in the perfect location for us, it was a bit of a walk to all the places we wanted to go, but I enjoyed the walk and enjoyed exploring the area.
I would absolutely definitely 100& stay there again, I can't wait for my next stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing!