Avon Hotel
US$156
US$143
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$217
US$188
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to paddington stationbudget hotelnarrow stairsclean towelsplenty of hot watervisit londonnice breakfastwould stay here againcouple of nightsnice stayyogurthyde parkradiator
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Triple room so small that only one person can walk at a time. Be prepared to climb 78 flies of steps if you stay on the forth floor and the stairways get narrower and narrower. En-suite bath so small that you must be a yoga master to take bath in. Towels were not changed even though we asked the housekeeper to do so. No reason to pay the price to stay here unless you must be near Paddington Station.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank KS1262
Reviewed 7 December 2013

A nice place to stay when on holiday in London. Conveniently located. The staff are very helpful and make you feel really welcomed. Breakfast was good. Definately will stay there again if I am next in London

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotwire. It was a disaster! Will never use Hotwire again as it wasn't even I star. The room was in a dark basement. They don't change the towels daily . Had to buy shampoo in a local shop. There was a 45 min wait to get a table at breakfast. Service was non existent. Room was shabby and too small for 3 beds. Couldn't sleep at night due to noise from Tube trains and poor ventilation. Shower was so small I couldn't turn in it. Was so bad we left after two nights! Hotwire didn't want to know when I complained. No fire evacuation plan in room. We were in a potential firetrap. Don't be fooled by website photos as the lobby was the only part that was modern. So much for Hotwire advertising 4 star hotels at 3 star prices!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tripsterDonegal
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Of all the places I stayed in Europe for 10 days this was the worst. I am not sure where to begin. Food was ok. The eating area was very small and you had a long wait. Rooms/ bathrooms were poorly cleaned.
There is no lift ( I did already know that). But be prepared for a work out if you are on the top floor.
My biggest issue. I asked for my luggage to be stored on my last day... The only thing they did was leave my luggage in the hall way unattended. Over all I learned my lesson not to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jhw704
Reviewed 18 September 2013

What brilliant customer service! The kind reception and very helpful staff really made an impression on me and because of this I will make this my new London base for the 6 - 8 times I come for work each year. It's very close to Paddington station with lots of places to eat close by and easy access to the rest of the city.

Good customer service can smooth a lot of rough edges as far as I'm concerned! The only really rough edge for me was that I like a softer mattress...but I'm not complaining. My room was very clean, the bedding comfortable, and the toilet/shower cubicle was very clean and not a hint of mould.

If you're looking for Downton Abbey keep looking. But if you're like me and you just want a clean and comfortable place with great customer service then this is the place. I didn't have any of the problems that any of the other reviews have talked about...in fact, I asked for a fan and got it and they refrigerated my fresh milk till I wanted it at 5:00 am!

I'll be back.

Room Tip: If you have trouble sleeping if there is ambient noise ask them for the quietest room. I was downstairs so could hear the low rumble of tube trains but it didn't bother me.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business