“Amazing Indian Food”
Review of Indian Lounge

Indian Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Indian Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Lounge is a brand new Indian restaurant situated in the heart of Kings Cross in Central London. Our Indian restaurant is a mixture of modern and traditional. It perfectly combines modern decor and atmosphere with traditional Indian cuisine cooked with authentic Asian spices. Not only do we offer a very comprehensive menu, should you require a dish specially cooked to order, or have any special dietary requirements we would be happy to accommodate your request. Here at Indian Lounge, we have many seats spread over 3 different lounges: The Main Lounge, the Waterfall Lounge and the Jungle Lounge.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was traveling in London last 10 days and I went to this restaurant 3 times while I was in London.
The whole dining experience is amazing: Food are delicious, all the staff are super friendly especially our waiter- Mr. Toraz Miah!!!

Moreover, restaurant envirement is clean and well decorated, my friends and I were having a good dinner break from the bustling sight-seeing schedule.

Indian Lounge accorss from King's cross station is a must-try restaurant in London, UK.

5  Thank RuRuCharisma
Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I ate at the restaurant with my father (who is - shall we say - a connoisseur of Indian cuisine) as this is his favourite place to eat when on business in London. We were greeted like old friends at the door and quickly shown to a table despite our not having made a booking and a busy service already in full swing.

We were offered poppadoms to start served with wonderful lime pickle, sweet and sticky mango chutney and spiced onions. I ate rather more than my share as my dad wanted to save room for his meal, and I am just a known glutton who can't resist poppadoms, especially these ones which were crisp, well seasoned, and not at all greasy as they so commonly can be.

To start we both had the mixed starter which was a wonderful size and absolutely delicious. The starter comprised several little morsels of various kebab (impossible to pick a favourite) with piquant sauces to complement artfully swirled on the side. It really was scrumptious and I wolfed it down.

For mains, we shared a chicken dopiaza, lamb karahi, a jeera rice and naan. We were not disappointed. Portion sizes were more than adequate and the dishes were perfectly balanced with real hits of spices coming through on each bite. Sharing is definitely the way forward as you get to experience more of the tempting menu, although narrowing down to two dishes can be tricky...

Even I couldn't manage a dessert, so we had a liqueur to finish which rounded off the meal perfectly. The staff were so friendly and accommodating, and the service so prompt that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant. Oh, and THAT FOOD! Mmmmmmmm!

5  Thank bethg287
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Quite good Indian restaurant but the cheap set at 7,95£ (starter, meal, rice and desert) won't be suggest to you if you are not a local dude.
How funny it is to see tourists (like us) were given the full menu without the set...
Bad behavior ! Swindler.

2  Thank Mr_Tamanoir
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The place is very convenient being right opposite Kings Cross, nice atmosphere and food very good, prices reasonable as well! There was a slight mixup with the order for the main but they rectified quickly and apologised etc, you do often have to flag the waiter down for service but I actually prefer that as I get really fed up if waiters ask 3 times a course if everything is ok..always when you've got your mouth full! Overall I would go again

9  Thank TK-Oxford
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Very nice welcome and the food is really delicious.
There is a room in the basement with a fountain (can be a bit noisy if your table is just next to it!)

6  Thank philandso