“Not traditional Indian food”
Review of Indian Lounge

Indian Lounge
Ranked #60 of 26,954 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Lounge is an Indian restaurant situated in the heart of Kings Cross in central london. Our Indian restaurant is a mixture of modern and traditional. It perfectly combines modern decor and atmosphere with traditional Indian cuisine cooked with authentic Asian spices. Not only do we offer a very comprehensive menu, should you require a dish specially cooked to order, or have any special dietary requirements we would be happy to accommodate your request. Here at Indian Lounge, we have many seats spread over 3 different lounges: The Main Lounge, the Waterfall Lounge and the Jungle Lounge.
Reviewed 24 October 2019 via mobile

I went there with a friend from Bangladesh, expecting an Indian restaurant , and the whole menu was Bangladeshi (but he told me it wasn’t traditional Bangladeshi either). The food was ok but I feel it’s important that people know - otherwise you go in expecting certain dishes that you know and then you don’t find them. Taste and price wise it was good. The food also came pretty quickly and they have good deals for lunchtime.

2  Thank melnuesch

Reviewed 20 October 2019

Stumbled on this place accidentally looking for a late night dinner at 11pm on a Friday night after a full day of travel. While the choices nearby were limited, I was not only lucky to find a great place with delicious food, but one with exceptional service. When you’ve just gotten off a flight from halfway around the world and get turned down trying to find a place to serve you at 11pm on a Friday night in London, I truly felt like I stumbled into oasis. Chris who works there in particular was amazing! He greeted me with a huge warm smile when I arrived and said “don’t worry, we’ll take care of you” which was music to my ears. From start to finish, the food and service was amazing! When I turned down dessert, Chris even brought over lovely chocolate and amaretto. What a great and personal touch! I highly recommend this little gem! So much so that I went out of my way to return 2 days later.

1  Thank MHSLWedding
Reviewed 20 October 2019

Went with a friend who wanted an Indian meal, hadn't realised he had chosen here but didn't comment just hoped it had changed. Alas not. Still same waiter with intimidating sales pitch, still dodgy bill with service hidden inside, food below par. They claim the charge is compulsory but service charge is generally optional. I asked my friend if he had checked on here, oh yes he said, lots of good reviews. I had to point out that many were only from people with 1 review which is a well known clue as to how accurate the reviews are. Lesson learn't, he was too embarrassed to post so said I would.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank A S
Reviewed 19 October 2019 via mobile

The food is amazing, but it is the staff that sets this place apart. I can highly recommend this restaurant...go, you will not be disappointed

1  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 17 October 2019 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as the reviews suggested that this place did decent Butter chicken. TBH I wasn’t wow-ed by it. It did get the flavors right (bit spicy for me) but not the texture (silkiness) of the sauce and chicken. The restaurant is located close to the train station. Easy to find. The restaurant in itself isn’t too big but the seating arrangements are comfy enough. We ordered 1 starters, 2 Curry dishes and 2 sides, 1 large pepsi. And the total bill came to a whooping 45 GBP, I guess these rates are pretty common for London restaurants. The starter we ordered was delicious, do try, it’s called the “grand lounge prawns”. I have attached a picture for your reference.

1  Thank nikitas771