“Great potential, poor reality”
Review of Fratelli La Bufala

Fratelli La Bufala
Ranked #2,854 of 23,713 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Fratelli la Bufala menu is simply based on genuine flavours, fresh ingredients and high quality food, which represent the authentic Italian cuisine.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We popped in to the restaurant because it looked crowded, and the menu looked very appealing. Upon arrival, after asking how long for a table for 2, I was told 5-10 minute wait. 25minutes later, we were seated, with available seating on either side of us. We asked the waiter about the size of the pizza, which he said was for an individual, so we both ordered one, instead of one salad and one pie. The pie was too large for one. And I did not finish it. Wasted food, not my favorite... The pie was not right out of the oven, or hot, although we saw the brick oven pumping out pies. The thin crust was mushy. The service was quite slow when we wanted to get our check, the waiter was talking to other waiters, and walking right past us upon numerous occasions. This is the first time in our travels in and outside of the US that we did not leave a tip. So sad, as the restaurant has all of the characteristics for great experiences but they do not act on them.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,590)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have have been coming to bufala since 2012 when I had my birthday there for 12 people. I have come with groups or on dates around 5 times. I've consistently rated this restaurant as one of the best Italians in central london. Unfortunately yesterdays meal was not up to the high standard I would expect.
We all ordered entrees which came without the bread. Two portions were requested. I specifically asked for two portions for the whole table to eat with our entree which in my case was mozzarella cheese. The bread didn't come and my fried mozzarella was cold before I got up and asked for bread. When it did come it was only one portion. The server said its two portions. So I showed him the menu which said each portion was four slices. The slices were very meager and only one portion was provided. He said he split the one portion in two. OK I said cancel the other portion of bread he confirmed he would (which was still in the bill at the end).
Then the mains came out. 6 pizzas and 2 lasagne's.
So the lasagne came out 30mins before the pizza. Its customary for us to wait to eat together but this wasn't possible. The lasagne wasn't flavorsome. There was no garnish or anything accompanying it. It appeared from the size it was an entre. For 11.00 pounds this is unacceptable. Furthermore it appeared that it wasn't fresh. Neither of my table ate the lasagne in full. The waiters had time to take the half eaten lasagne away and we still waited 15mins for out pizzas.
I enjoyed my pizza even though it was soggy.

So two of our group didn't eat with us, they had already eaten, this again doesn't meet the standards I have experienced in the past.

We then we tried to get the bill. After flapping our hands for over ten minutes one of our party left the table and got a waiter to take our bill.

The bread which was canceled was still on the bill.
The waiter implied we were being silly to request it taken off. I had to do the maths on the bill to remove it for the waiter he wouldn't redo the bill. He was very condescending. He wanted to rush us up and pay instead of wait which was not appropriate.

We shouldn't have been charged for below standard service and extra items on the bill and taking 2-3 hours to get our meal.

So at this stage I won't be coming back nor will I bring my friends.

1  Thank d o
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Dropped in for a light supper. Busy and bustling. Speedy service. Good meatballs, and a well cooked rare fillet steak

Reviewed 2 August 2014

a great food with buzzing atmosphere but very rude staff. we asked a waiter for extra chair for someone joining us where the waiter just got burtsed...

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I like this place! Pizza is very good and if you like bufala this is place to have it but I do not recommend pasta and other things from the menu.
Service was very kind and I really love the atmosfere!

1  Thank malinaaa