“Good service.”

Travel Inn
Ranked #432 of 557 London B&B and Inns
“Good service.”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two days and all I can say is the staff are nice and friendly. As well as very helpful. One of the staff that worked there, Zia was patient with us even though we didn't like the 2 rooms he showed us. He was kind enough to show us more rooms. Overall it was a comfortable stay and I would certainly recommend to a friend. :)

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Sara12a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I booked the Travel inn for a special trip to London for my Christmas shopping. I was greeted at reception by a friendly member of staff and was shown to my room. When I opened the door you could smell the freshly laid carpet. They have just extended and I got one of the new rooms. It’s basic and very clean with brand new bathroom too. I was surprised at how warm the room was given it was freezing outside. There was no option to pay for a cooked breakfast, but we were supplied with what I would call continental style breakfast free of charge. Having said all that local amenities are virtually across the road, but more importantly Westfields Shopping Centre is in walking distance, with all the high street and designer stores under one roof. Needless to say I’ve completed my Christmas shopping and got a good night rest.

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms, I got in as they were completed.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cleanglass
upottery
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Where do i start, we got there and they were a little unfriendly but not to bad. They walked us to our room which barely fit the bed and fridge in. We had a look round and found mouldy food in the warm fridge that had been left there, then we saw wires dangling from the ceiling to then look closer and see a camera! Next we looked at the bed and found that it did not smell fresh, we found a hair and to top it off the was a dead bug on the pillow. I went to demand a full refund and they offered to swap rooms but i said no i want the money back. They then proceeded to charge me for that night but refunded the rest.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank aliwhiteway

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked late as were undecided of where to stay. Chose this place as it was £28 for the room and was the closest. We thought we could sleep anywhere for 1 night as we would of been back late and tired anyway ... Boy were we wrong!

Pulled up outside and a sign said you had to pay for parking when our reservation stated that there was free parking onsite.
When we got there door was answered and we were asked 'What do you what?' no hello or welcome. When we got there took forever to check in and they double charged us, we had paid on the website before but we had to pay again. We were walked to our room by a very unhappy member of staff.
Our room was on the top floor at the front of the building, it was April and the window wouldn't shut, the room was freezing, bed was broken, sheets dirty (hairs on and a strange crispy stain???), no radiator or heater, bathroom door didn't shut, toilet didn't flush, hot tap didn't work and we couldn't stand on the shower tray as there was a huge crack in it. TV remote didn't have any batteries in, tv had 2 channels, was dusty, room stank of smoke, our door wouldn't lock and the lamp was broken.
We were going out to a concert and asked what time the doors closed we were told they didn't and they said we don't want our keys going outside ... NO WAY were we leaving our key!!
After we got back my partner stayed awake all night in case someone got in the room while we were asleep and I nearly broke by back on the bed.

All in all didn't think we'd leave with all our stuff, un-raped and alive! Wouldn't go back if you paid me. The room was terrible, the staff unfriendly and rude.

Room Tip: Please don't stay there
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moobag23
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We're do I start arrived at travel inn to wait to be seen!! Then got led to a room with a electric heater in it. We were told it was the new and best room in hotel!! The carpet was soaking wet and the ell of damp! We got located to the top floor in a room smelling of smoke and covered in mold and hair all over the floor!! Being so late unable find new place.
Had to sleep fully clothed on top of the dirty stained beds!!
Biggest waste of money

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank John13ram
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Needed a room for my son and I as we were going to watch The Who at the O2. Location is good but that's it. Beds were lumpy, fridge was noisy, bathroom was minging. Didn't even bother with the breakfast. This is real budget end accommodation I would definitely pay the extra and get something better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Unders51
Hølen, Akershus, Norway
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Booked the hotel by phone, seemed very nice and service minded, but that was all.
Family on a trip, 2 adults and 3 children.
Adult room on the 3rd floor in full Build work.
Kids room 1 floor.
Where the nightmare began.
Spoke to the receptionist, he organistert so we got rooms on the same floor
Children who ok with windows, but the room we were given was next desk.
People went in, out all night and the staff had loud sound on the tv was very annoying as the window to the bedroom ¨ opened into the lobby.
When the room had windows or ventilation kept the room a oil temperature of about 35 degrees.
Because of the noise and Temperatures we set out almost all night, and found out that the hotel was closer to a bordel, when the man saw clientele that came in during the night.
Refrigerator as it stood in the ad was not there.
The shower was there but the tap was not working, so had dursje with cold water when finished showering and was water everywhere in the bedroom.

Breakfast is served in the hotel, with the bread that is several days old, dirty cutlery, dirty glass, a boss is calling and whining on the staff that they should hurry there's no food here.
In other words, very poor breakfast.

Positive.

Cold soft drinks and cold water that you can buy at the reception.

This we paid 85 pounds for a night

This hotel is not recommended for anyone.

This hotel is not recommended for anyone.

Room Tip: This hotel is not recommended for anyone.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family