“Trinity's younger sib is not the King of the Bistro's”
Review of Bistro Union

Bistro Union
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Union is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,914 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are open all day, every day for Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. Sister to Trinity Restaurant in Clapham Old Town we hold the same ethos of great produce – carefully crafted, served with warmth and humility. Sunday evenings we host a Sunday Supper Club for £26 for a 3-course meal. Kids under 10 eat free!
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the sister restaurant to Trinity in Clapham.
My partner and I decided to try this place as we love Trinity
and have never been disappointed there.
We walked in on a Friday evening without a reservation and they
were able to accommodate us.
Let me set the scene the menue's are written in school writing books and the wine is served
In pint milk bottles.
I had a starter which was beef with dripping and another beef dish for my main which seemed
very similar to the starter. It would have been nice if the main waiter had pointed this out
when I ordered.
The food was only so so. So unmemorable I can't remember what my partner had or what
We had for dessert.
The service is a bit too hit and miss for my liking.
She has eaten here once before but I don't think either of us will be back
especially with other excellent restaurants in Clapham available in this price range eg The Diary.

1  Thank James A

Reviewed 22 July 2014

After having a lovely experience at Trinity - sister restaurant of Bistro Union few month ago, I thought it would be nice to give it a go on a girls night out to celebrate my friend's birthday.
We started with celebratory cocktails from a short but inspiring selection to set the mood for a night of excellent food, wine and service. I would particularly recommend the rid-eye steak cooked to perfection of my liking, creative wine list offering good wine at sensible prices all this delivered by very friendly and helpful staff with great knowledge of their menu. I will be recommending this to anyone one looking for high quality dinning at great value.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We ate here with our daughter who lives locally and is a regular at the bistro. After our dinner I can see why. It was a buzzy atmosphere on the Friday night when we visited and deservedly busy. Nonetheless we received a fantastic welcome, felt as if among friends, and it wasn't just because they recognised Lucy. I noticed they greeted everyone in the same way. We started with some of their small plates. The anchovy toast was outstanding - I could have wolfed the entire plate. We also tried the beef on dripping toast which was delicious and outstanding were the chargrilled broad beans - what a discovery!!!! For mains we had bream which came with samphire and Lucy and I shared the roast chicken which came with bacon wrapped sausages, bread sauce and veg. Excellent sized portions ensured that we couldn't manage dessert or coffee. We had excellent wine, bottles of water and it was all excellent value. It isn't at all expensive especially for this area. Loved the butchers paper tablecloths and menu. Just a great atmosphere and I would definitely return.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went to Bistro Union again last night. It is local to us and we go reasonably often as we like it a lot. I had the Cumberland Toad in the Hole and it was just what was required: tasty comfort food. Had pickled quail eggs and anchovy toast before, but then I always do. For a Monday night there was a busy buzz to the place, the atmosphere is certainly a contributory factor to why we like it so much. Add good food and friendly service and we are all set! We often like to sit at the bar and assemble a selection of the smaller dishes (probably the best part of their menu) along with their very acceptable house red wine. It's not cheap, but nor is it outrageously expensive. We will be returning.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The snack menu was fantastic but the mains were underseasoned and a little plain.

The wine list, although good, is overpriced in my opinion.

Excellent service.