“Fantastic place in Clapham”
Review of Bistro Union

Bistro Union
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Union is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,077 of 24,239 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are open all day, every day for Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. Sister to Trinity Restaurant in Clapham Old Town we hold the same ethos of great produce – carefully crafted, served with warmth and humility. Sunday evenings we host a Sunday Supper Club for £26 for a 3-course meal. Kids under 10 eat free!
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been to Bistro Union twice and have eaten really well both times. On my second visit I went with my sister and her kids, the staff were friendly and accommodating. I haven´t been to Trinity, every time I look at the menu the food seems to fiddly and I am sure that this is a very different dining experience, as the name would imply. The head waiter was knowledgeable and flexible, allowing me to choose vegetables that came with another dish, rather than the ones that were on the menu. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We haven't been to this part of Abbeville road for several years, and it seems to have grown dramatically. We popped into Bistro Union for some dinner as the restaurant looked inviting from the outside. We weren't disappointed. The staff were friendly and attentive. There is lots of flexibility to have snacks, starters and mains, so we enjoyed a large array of snacks including pate, salads, and some very moreish fritters. Then we had the main courses, the waiter suggested due to the warm weather to go for something lighter, and they were right. I felt very happy with my bream. We were advised on drinks and also on the history of the restaurant. All in all a very enjoyable time.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the sister restaurant to Trinity in Clapham.
My partner and I decided to try this place as we love Trinity
and have never been disappointed there.
We walked in on a Friday evening without a reservation and they
were able to accommodate us.
Let me set the scene the menue's are written in school writing books and the wine is served
In pint milk bottles.
I had a starter which was beef with dripping and another beef dish for my main which seemed
very similar to the starter. It would have been nice if the main waiter had pointed this out
when I ordered.
The food was only so so. So unmemorable I can't remember what my partner had or what
We had for dessert.
The service is a bit too hit and miss for my liking.
She has eaten here once before but I don't think either of us will be back
especially with other excellent restaurants in Clapham available in this price range eg The Diary.

1  Thank James A
Reviewed 22 July 2014

After having a lovely experience at Trinity - sister restaurant of Bistro Union few month ago, I thought it would be nice to give it a go on a girls night out to celebrate my friend's birthday.
We started with celebratory cocktails from a short but inspiring selection to set the mood for a night of excellent food, wine and service. I would particularly recommend the rid-eye steak cooked to perfection of my liking, creative wine list offering good wine at sensible prices all this delivered by very friendly and helpful staff with great knowledge of their menu. I will be recommending this to anyone one looking for high quality dinning at great value.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We ate here with our daughter who lives locally and is a regular at the bistro. After our dinner I can see why. It was a buzzy atmosphere on the Friday night when we visited and deservedly busy. Nonetheless we received a fantastic welcome, felt as if among friends, and it wasn't just because they recognised Lucy. I noticed they greeted everyone in the same way. We started with some of their small plates. The anchovy toast was outstanding - I could have wolfed the entire plate. We also tried the beef on dripping toast which was delicious and outstanding were the chargrilled broad beans - what a discovery!!!! For mains we had bream which came with samphire and Lucy and I shared the roast chicken which came with bacon wrapped sausages, bread sauce and veg. Excellent sized portions ensured that we couldn't manage dessert or coffee. We had excellent wine, bottles of water and it was all excellent value. It isn't at all expensive especially for this area. Loved the butchers paper tablecloths and menu. Just a great atmosphere and I would definitely return.