“Nice food, but the menu needs to be updated”
Review of Bistro Union

Bistro Union
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Union is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,556 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are open all day, every day for Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. Sister to Trinity Restaurant in Clapham Old Town we hold the same ethos of great produce – carefully crafted, served with warmth and humility. Sunday evenings we host a Sunday Supper Club for £26 for a 3-course meal. Kids under 10 eat free!
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have eaten twice at bistro union. The food is nice, but nothing spectacular or original, and a bit overpriced. The menu is always the same and there aren't that many main dishes, so this does not make me want to go again.

1  Thank Charlotte0011

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Having read some of the reviews below , I agree , these are west end prices !
This was my 2nd time here for lunch , and found it very disappointing. We had several , small plates, then some salads for our main course. We sat outside as it was sunny , which was nice , and the ambiance is friendly ( but slightly fake I thought ! ). The barbecued broad beans were quite uninspiring, arrived black and charred which shed soot all over us !
Anyway , my main point is it was £90 for 3 , we only had salads, and one fish pie , and a half carafe of wine, the service is 20% and there is cover charge for bread ( not very nice ) and water. I ate yesterday in a west end brasserie ( Brasserie Zedel), which was far nicer and cheaper, and very professional service.

3  Thank STEAMSHIP48
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been to Bistro Union twice and have eaten really well both times. On my second visit I went with my sister and her kids, the staff were friendly and accommodating. I haven´t been to Trinity, every time I look at the menu the food seems to fiddly and I am sure that this is a very different dining experience, as the name would imply. The head waiter was knowledgeable and flexible, allowing me to choose vegetables that came with another dish, rather than the ones that were on the menu. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We haven't been to this part of Abbeville road for several years, and it seems to have grown dramatically. We popped into Bistro Union for some dinner as the restaurant looked inviting from the outside. We weren't disappointed. The staff were friendly and attentive. There is lots of flexibility to have snacks, starters and mains, so we enjoyed a large array of snacks including pate, salads, and some very moreish fritters. Then we had the main courses, the waiter suggested due to the warm weather to go for something lighter, and they were right. I felt very happy with my bream. We were advised on drinks and also on the history of the restaurant. All in all a very enjoyable time.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the sister restaurant to Trinity in Clapham.
My partner and I decided to try this place as we love Trinity
and have never been disappointed there.
We walked in on a Friday evening without a reservation and they
were able to accommodate us.
Let me set the scene the menue's are written in school writing books and the wine is served
In pint milk bottles.
I had a starter which was beef with dripping and another beef dish for my main which seemed
very similar to the starter. It would have been nice if the main waiter had pointed this out
when I ordered.
The food was only so so. So unmemorable I can't remember what my partner had or what
We had for dessert.
The service is a bit too hit and miss for my liking.
She has eaten here once before but I don't think either of us will be back
especially with other excellent restaurants in Clapham available in this price range eg The Diary.

1  Thank James A