Bistro Union
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Union is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,313 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are open all day, every day for Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. Sister to Trinity Restaurant in Clapham Old Town we hold the same ethos of great produce – carefully crafted, served with warmth and humility. Sunday evenings we host a Sunday Supper Club for £26 for a 3-course meal. Kids under 10 eat free!
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Good menu choice with simply terrific food. Its a bistro and that's exactly what you get. Great location and good buzz inside. We went for Sunday Lunch with friends and 4 kids. The staff were great.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I ate tonight with 3 friends. I can genuinely say that all of our food was sub standard. To begin with, 4 of the main courses were not available at 8.30pm on a menu that was already small. Our small plates were over seasoned and a combination of cold, overcooked or under cooked. We then ordered 2 whole roasted plaice which were completely over cooked and stuck to the bone, toad in the hole which was a bowl of dough and a couple of small sausages with an overly rich gravy and a rib eye steak that was ridiculously fatty and the chewy. Understand rib eye is supposed to have marbleing but this was not a quality rib eye. Thoroughly underwhelming overall and completely overpriced for the quality of food and cooking.

3  Thank BrianL1984
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have eaten twice at bistro union. The food is nice, but nothing spectacular or original, and a bit overpriced. The menu is always the same and there aren't that many main dishes, so this does not make me want to go again.

1  Thank Charlotte0011
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Having read some of the reviews below , I agree , these are west end prices !
This was my 2nd time here for lunch , and found it very disappointing. We had several , small plates, then some salads for our main course. We sat outside as it was sunny , which was nice , and the ambiance is friendly ( but slightly fake I thought ! ). The barbecued broad beans were quite uninspiring, arrived black and charred which shed soot all over us !
Anyway , my main point is it was £90 for 3 , we only had salads, and one fish pie , and a half carafe of wine, the service is 20% and there is cover charge for bread ( not very nice ) and water. I ate yesterday in a west end brasserie ( Brasserie Zedel), which was far nicer and cheaper, and very professional service.

3  Thank STEAMSHIP48
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been to Bistro Union twice and have eaten really well both times. On my second visit I went with my sister and her kids, the staff were friendly and accommodating. I haven´t been to Trinity, every time I look at the menu the food seems to fiddly and I am sure that this is a very different dining experience, as the name would imply. The head waiter was knowledgeable and flexible, allowing me to choose vegetables that came with another dish, rather than the ones that were on the menu. I would definitely go back.