All reviewsfull englishtottenham court roadbeanstea and coffeewest endleicester squarewould stay againlocation is excellentyogurteustonmirrortube
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Having to spend a couple of nights in the Metropolis for work I researched the options and this one came out best for price and location whilst providing en suite facilities. Anything cheaper and you're sharing a bathroom. So, on that basis, this hotel is good value for money.

But, be prepared for when you open the door to your room, well the singles at least! The room is literally as wide as the bed is long; that's the whole room including the shower room! The bed fits exactly across the room under the window and you do have to crawl in from the foot as between the bed and the wall of the en suite they have wedged a bedside table and a low table with tea/coffee facilities.

However, in London you get what you pay for and on this basis I can't complain about the value. It is well located just off Tottenham Court Road and very close to the British Museum.

On a very positive note, the breakfast was one of the best! Freshly cooked to order "Full English" with hot toast and fruit, cereals etc available too. Plus a help yourself coffee pot that, for me, is very necessary to start the day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden; the noise from Gower Street was obtrusive if you have the window open, which is essential if you wish to breathe . . . . .
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I knew London prices are very high, and when I booked this at a what I thought to be a reasonable price, assumed things would be just okay, I knew I'd be out and about most of the time. Well, if you're a big person, or overweight, or claustrophobic keep looking, at least DON'T choose the single room! I'm none of the above, but after tripping over myself for the umpteenth time just getting out of the shower, I decided to write this review. Firstly, you cannot sit on the toilet without bumping the sink, the shower is almost silly small, so try not to drop your soap. The head of the single bed is less than one foot from the only window. The NOISE of the busy street is overwhelming. I live in a big city, but never have I heard traffic like this. And , it's relentless, day and night. Even with the closed window, there's traffic. No matter what the temperature is outside, the room is hotter than Hades. There's no fan, no air conditioning, no circulation-- it's HOT. I can't even imagine being in here during the high summer. Got nowhere when I asked if there were other rooms available-- all the singles are in the front, and nothing else was available, even at a higher price; I understood that.
It's hard to read a book, since there are no lights over the bed, just one ceiling light in the terribly small hallway, and some horrible diffused light above one wall of the bed. Despite what others said, the breakfasts are fine, the servers were fine. It's just a hard place to be comfortable, and really really hard to sleep here. I refused to let it get to me; but I just would never ever come here again.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, don't book a singles room. Be sure to see your room before you pay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Pipeorganplayer
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We wanted a night in London, close to theatre land, so that we could easily walk back to the hotel after the show. Having been put off rather by the ~£300 per night prices some hotels in the area charge, we found the Bloomsbury Palace Hotel at just £155 for B&B.

First off the good points, excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, and clean rooms. The only real downside are lots of stairs (no lift), it did not affect us, but you need to be fit and able to easily move around the hotel.

Our room was in the attic, not large, but well appointed, with nice en-suite, all very clean and tidy. We faced over the garden, so it was quite quiet, no real road noise, though we could smell the bacon cooking in the morning (yum yum!).

The breakfast room in the basement is very small, and could easily be very crowded if the hotel was busy. But the breakfast was fine; most everyone had the 'full English" which was well cooked and nicely presented. There was continental breakfast also, but choice was perhaps a little limited.

Overall, this hotel is great value for an overnight stop or two in central London, to be recommended for those who want accommodation on a sensible budget.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden, at the back of the hotel, are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin_JS
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked this hotel for my mum, coming to visit me with a couple of friends. I choose it because I was looking for a nice place, easy to find and going around, so they could be slightly independent, with a decent size of rooms and a nice service.
This was one of the cheapest, even if rather expensive, roughly around £55 each in a triple room, but I thought that it would be suitable for their needs.

The room was nice, but nothing really amazing, standard double bedroom size, with an awful armchair bed instead of a proper bed fitted as the 3rd bed, looking awful and small. And the room was definitely small for three people.
The bathroom was ok, again, nothing really exciting for the price (more than £150 per night).
They didn't change the towels and tidy up the room, the carpet in the toilet stays there for all the 3 nights.

The reception didn't help much, they were not the kind of service you're expecting. Not even saying 'Hi' or 'Bye' when you were coming/leaving. It sounded to me like "Please, don't disturb". We had to wait 10 minutes once for a person to arrive at the reception desk. We asked a map in two different times: the first time we got it, the second one we didn't. How is it possible? They said the maps were out of stock. Are you joking?

Breakfast was average, jam and bread or English breakfast, not even possible to mix or having the sweet and sour as the continental breakfasts are in proper hotels.

I wouldn't recommend to anyone. In other areas of the city, you have a better service for the half of the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Firstly I would agree with other reviewers that the single rooms are small. I would direct them to the price of other hotels in the area and tell them to get a reality check here. I don't know what they expect to pay in London but this was not a bad deal.

The room was small but perfectly clean and more than adequate. I have stayed in rooms equally small in Paris and Amsterdam and got a lot less for my money. The small bathroom was very well appointed but not suitable if you are overweight. I was on the front so even with secondary glazing it was a tad noisy. I think it would be hot in high summer with little ventilation. It was on the warm side in May.

Staff were polite and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent, no messing here, truly excellent.

The hotel is handy for Goodge Street tube, just round the corner from the British Museum and handy for Kings Cross, St Pancras and Euston Mainline stations. London is not cheap people but you are not robbed here.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room and see if you can get a quieter/better ventilated one in the summer
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo