All reviews full english tottenham court road first floor west end would stay again yogurt euston mirror tube
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I tried this hotel because the price for two nights was attractive. I regretted it as soon as I arrived. The single room was just thirty inches wide, apart from the area where the single bed was, under the window. There was nowhere to put anything apart from a narrow shelf above three wall hangers. It was very warm and the room was supplied with a large floor fan that took up almost the full width of the room, blocking access to the bathroom door if it was plugged in. I had to choose between using the bathroom or using the fan to stifle the heat.
The bed was comfortable and it was clean apart from the area under the bed that could not be reached for cleaning without upending the bed, owing to the size of the room. The breakfast was good.

I would not stay again.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. Don't be taken in by London rooms under £95
2  Thank AnnLeedsLeeds
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I needed a cheap place to stay for a night in London, and although the reviews were less than favourable, I found the experience to be fine and pleasant. I had a tiny room (cabin size), which was fine by me since I am small myself, with my own bathroom. The bathroom, although tiny, had modern facilities, and was in great condition. The privacy factor was the only concern as my room was right near the entrance and reception, so I could hear quite a bit going on. Other than this it was a pleasant stay, with friendly and professional staff and cooking staff: the breakfast was very lovely, as were the cooks who made it for me. If you're really fussy about size of rooms and particulars than it may not be for you, but if you just want an efficient, cheap, clean place to stay in a good location than this would be your best bet.

1  Thank Siobhan L
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I travel widely throughout the world on a regular basis. This is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in. They misrepresent their advertisement of 4 stars. I've stayed in 3 star hotels in India that are better. There is no air conditioning in the middle of summer. They have a crappy wi-fi connection. The photos of the rooms and bathroom online misrepresent the actual size of the rooms. My room is so small, only one person can stand in it, let alone move around in it, including the bathroom. The worst of it is the lock on my door is faulty. I am staying here as a single female and during the day while I was half-dressed in the room, one of the male hotel employees entered my room without permission. He offered no apology. When I complained at reception and asked for another room or for them to fix the lock on my door, the male employee at the reception refused and said he would try to arrange for it to be attended to the next day. In the meantime, I have to sleep in a room where any hotel employee could slip into my room at any time, including while I'm asleep. The room does not even have a chair that I could lodge against the doorknobI do not feel safe here. If you are thinking of booking a hotel in London, especially in the Russell Square / Camden area, STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. Crappy rooms, crappy service and NOT SAFE!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Waheeda A
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Having to spend a couple of nights in the Metropolis for work I researched the options and this one came out best for price and location whilst providing en suite facilities. Anything cheaper and you're sharing a bathroom. So, on that basis, this hotel is good value for money.

But, be prepared for when you open the door to your room, well the singles at least! The room is literally as wide as the bed is long; that's the whole room including the shower room! The bed fits exactly across the room under the window and you do have to crawl in from the foot as between the bed and the wall of the en suite they have wedged a bedside table and a low table with tea/coffee facilities.

However, in London you get what you pay for and on this basis I can't complain about the value. It is well located just off Tottenham Court Road and very close to the British Museum.

On a very positive note, the breakfast was one of the best! Freshly cooked to order "Full English" with hot toast and fruit, cereals etc available too. Plus a help yourself coffee pot that, for me, is very necessary to start the day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden; the noise from Gower Street was obtrusive if you have the window open, which is essential if you wish to breathe . . . . .
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I knew London prices are very high, and when I booked this at a what I thought to be a reasonable price, assumed things would be just okay, I knew I'd be out and about most of the time. Well, if you're a big person, or overweight, or claustrophobic keep looking, at least DON'T choose the single room! I'm none of the above, but after tripping over myself for the umpteenth time just getting out of the shower, I decided to write this review. Firstly, you cannot sit on the toilet without bumping the sink, the shower is almost silly small, so try not to drop your soap. The head of the single bed is less than one foot from the only window. The NOISE of the busy street is overwhelming. I live in a big city, but never have I heard traffic like this. And , it's relentless, day and night. Even with the closed window, there's traffic. No matter what the temperature is outside, the room is hotter than Hades. There's no fan, no air conditioning, no circulation-- it's HOT. I can't even imagine being in here during the high summer. Got nowhere when I asked if there were other rooms available-- all the singles are in the front, and nothing else was available, even at a higher price; I understood that.
It's hard to read a book, since there are no lights over the bed, just one ceiling light in the terribly small hallway, and some horrible diffused light above one wall of the bed. Despite what others said, the breakfasts are fine, the servers were fine. It's just a hard place to be comfortable, and really really hard to sleep here. I refused to let it get to me; but I just would never ever come here again.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, don't book a singles room. Be sure to see your room before you pay.
2  Thank Pipeorganplayer