“Small and compact”

Ranked #272 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Devon, UK
“Small and compact”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed one night in this Tune Hotel. It was the best price I could find for chain hotel in London. I booked the towel package but didn't use the toiletries as I have sensitive skin and use my own. It seemed very strange that they weren't included. Didn't book any other extras so the TV, hairdryer and safe didn't work. Beds were a little too firm and the window was quite small. A kettle would have been useful, even if you had to pay extra for it. The noise of the tube could be heard and felt even on the second floor, but as we were fairly late back and they don't run all night, it was fine. Good points were that it was close to Paddington and Marylebone stations and buses in Edgware Road, Tesco Express across the road was handy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DCTH
GM_Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor aboutyour recent stay at Tune Hotel Paddington.

I am glad to read that you have had a pleasant stay with us.

Regarding our mattresses, we provide only the highest class of Hypnos mattresses, which is used by great majority of top class hotels all over the world. I am sorry that they didn’t provide you with the comfort expected.

As you have rightly noticed, we don’t provide coffee and tea facilities in the rooms. However, we have a coffee area next to reception open 24 hours where our guests can enjoy a warm cup of Lavazza coffee as well as variety of snacks and soft drinks.

As a budget hotel, we always aim to offer great value accommodation in key locations at great value. I am happy to know you managed to take advantage of both points.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Guest Service Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great a la carte hotel...you pay only for what you need! If you're planning on experiencing all of London and not a hotel room, then the Tune is a great place to stay. Great low prices, and wonderful locations!!!

Room Tip: Pay for the window!!!:-)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are extremely happy to know that our hotel was suitable for your travelling needs. As a Central London location we aim to provide you with clean and safe environment, great customer service and all this at great, competitive prices!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Retired Bostonians arriving very early at this Tune Hotel, we were stunned to learn that our "Hotel Booking" Information was never confirmed, though we had a 6 night "reservation" in hand--all arranged we had thought one month beforehand.
The young man at the desk, Cristian, rose heroically to the task of talking to "Booking Agents" to see where the error occurred. Focussed as phones rang, and others walked up to the desk to be handled by a young woman, we had to start all over. Of course there were no 6 consecutive nights available as we faced a weekend mid-stay. Cristian contacted the Tune Hotel, King's Cross and snagged a room for us there for three nights, returning back to Paddington for the second three nights.
Jet-lagged as we were, we were most grateful that he cared about our plight, and secured rooms for us. When we did return, we found that the rooms in this location to be smaller than the King's Cross which had been more recently renovated. However, he made sure that we had Internet and access to the room immediately upon our arrival.
Kudos and a round of applause for taking the time to secure accommodations for two weary travelers!

Room Tip: Beg for a rear facing room located on an upper floor!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tune Hotel Paddington.

I am really happy read that our front desk team, especially Cristian, did their best to help you with your booking issues and in everything you needed to have an enjoyable stay in Tune Hotel Paddington.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we genuinely look forward to welcoming you back soon again!

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel in May of this year and nothing has really changed, therefore I'm more or less repeating my review from that stay.

I was very impressed with this budget hotel, it's in a very handy location for Paddington Station and there is also the tube at this station, I'd say about 5 to 10 minutes walk down a busy street with plenty of restaurants and shops. A 24 hour Tesco is right across the road from the hotel itself. Reception is clean and bright and the staff are very friendly and efficient. There is a small café area as you enter, serving tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks etc. Pretty cheap too. The bedroom itself was fresh and clean and as we chose to keep things as cheap as possible and booked a room without a window, we were pleasantly surprised at how big and light the room was. The bathroom was also spotless, if a little small, but it had everything you would need. All extras to have to be paid for I,e. the tv, hairdryer, toiletries etc but these are also very cheap and even when we had paid for a couple, this hotel was still around half the price of any central London Travelodge on the same Saturday night and it was far nicer and cleaner. Ok, there was a little tube noise as we were in a twin room in the basement, but it was very distant and didn't disturb us at all. We had a great nights sleep in a lovely, comfy bed. I'd definitely use it again. Very pleased!

Room Tip: Some slight Tube noise in the basement rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your second stay with us.
We're glad that our convenient location, cleanliness as well as our cheap prices, were all meeting your standards once again. Moreover, I am happy that the tube noise didn’t disturb you to have a comfortable stay.

Also, the team will be delighted to note your kind remarks on their friendliness and efficiency.
Thank you also for your loyalty and I am personally looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us and I hope that your future stays will be at least as good as the last ones.

Dunkeld, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you are only staying one night and want a cheap central London clean place to sleep this is your spot. The price was great. The room was clean. The bed comfortable. The location (within 500 yards of Paddington station) is central and convenient.
The room is tiny, and I mean tiny. Not quite Japanese locker hotels perhaps but not far off. If I had a compliment to make at this point it would be that the design was wonderful. Squeezing so much into so little made you think you are Doctor Who back in the Tardis. The shower is a masterpiece of space saving. The door folds back on itself in a way that allows even big guys like me to squeeze in. Just don't drop the soap! There is no table just a fold out ledge under the TV that you can situate your laptop on (and it needs to be quite a small laptop!) and you sit on the bed. The bed is against the wall so you only have one option fro alarm clocks/night-time reading etc to place, or drop them on the floor. One lift which is a bit slow.
Look its cheap so value for money you can't complain.
I didn't try the breakfast there but went next door to a very smart and fast Italian eaterie, I think the name is cafe 8 or 8 café or something. I'd recommend.
You get no frills extras by the way and if you want an extra towel or an extra pillow or leave some luggage with the concierge you pay extra. Check in or out outside the set times (3pm check in; 10 a.m. check out) and you pay extra.
Overall a 3 star recommendation, you get what you pay for and the Hilton at the end of Praed Street where I have stayed often is vastly more comfortable and vastly more expensive. You pays your money and takes your pick. On a budget and just want to sleep, it's a good option.

Room Tip: Demand a larger room, they do have some - still small just not so tiny.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay in Tune Hotel Paddington.

First of all, I am sorry to read that we were not able to meet your expectations for the room size. Our rooms are space efficient, but they include all the basics for our guests to have a comfortable stay. We always advice our guests to email us in advance, should they have any specific requirements – we would always do our upmost to accommodate those needs.

Moreover, we are really happy to read you found the hotel to be clean add convenient – all this accompanied by a great service and at competitive prices.
Also, as a limited service hotel we do not provide any breakfast in any of our London hotels however we do offer discounts at some local restaurants and cafés in the area. I am glad you enjoyed the café next door, 8 café, where you could enjoy a nice breakfast and have 20% discount!

As mentioned, we do provide luggage storage at the extra cost of £2.50 per bag per day. Otherwise, we provide extra pillows to our guests free of charge – simply ask our friendly reception team during your next stay!

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again!

UK
Reviewed 31 October 2013

With a possible need to find some short-term accommodation near to a new job, I decided to try out the Tune Paddington, due to its low rates.

My first impressions were good. An efficient check-in with friendly staff. The small room - and decent-sized shower room - were very clean and I couldn't fault the £10 Comfort Pack. I was on the lower ground floor and yes, you will hear the tube trains underneath, though I was surprised how quickly that noise became inaudible "white noise".

There is lots of storage space under the bed, although the one hanging rail is so low, any garment of an average length won't hang freely, but will be bunched up.

What I hadn't banked on was another guest activating the fire alarm at 6am the next morning. It was quickly silenced before most of us had fully woken and realised what was going on. Unfortunately, the staff then seemed to have problems resetting the system and over the next two hours - for three chunks of time (45 minutes, followed by two bursts of 10 minutes) the alarms would sound intermittently, so falling back to sleep proved to be impossible and I almost wanted to check out there and then to get away from the ear-piercing sirens.

The hotel managers were greeting guests with an offer of a free coffee which I accepted,though having lost about 1.5 hours planned sleep (and felt that later on that day), I now wish I'd pushed for a partial refund.

Also, that morning, the hot water was only luke-warm at best. Not a nice way to start the day. The management - when I mentioned this - did appear to get onto it, but as water temperature and pressure (not bad) are two of the factors I consider when assessing a hotel, it added to my disappointment.

I do want to give the hotel a second chance, so hope things are better the next time around.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on your most recent stay!
I am happy to read your first impressions were good and found our hotel clean and convenience for you.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience that was caused by our fire alarm in the early hours of the morning. We have carried out full investigation and it turns out that one of the fire alarm call points was maliciously misused. While we are concerned over the reasons behind some one’s actions, we are at the same time happy to know that systems did work and that there was no real threat to any one’s safety.

I do hope it won’t stop you to give us a second chance to provide you a good impression for whole your stay next time.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Omaha
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I guess I should have looked on this chains website. No closets or drawers for clothes. They only clean every 3 days unless you pay extra. The free breakfast that was advertised was an extra charge. As a matter of fact, EVERYTHING was an extra charge. From the Tv's to a hair dryer to anything else you might need to make a stay more comfortable. All in all, I wouldn't stay here again. There are hotels with similar rates with more amenities.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
GM_Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am very sorry to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations, especially in terms of our Tune concept, our add-ons system enables guests to purchase only the required items and save money in those you don’t need. Most visitors to London do not spend much time in their hotel rooms so our concept offers the basics for a good night's sleep.
As a limited service hotel we do not provide any breakfast in any of our London hotels however we do offer discounts to restaurants and café in the local area.
Regarding our cleaning schedule, we are an environmentally friendly hotel and our rooms are cleaned on after every third day of your stay. However, guest can always purchase additional cleaning at an extra cost of £8 if required.
I hope you will consider returning to Tune Hotels – Paddington, so we could show you exactly what Tune Hotels is all about!