“Cheap and clean!”

Point A Hotel, London Paddington
Ranked #264 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great location near tube station. Clean and comfortable. This is not a luxury suite by any means, very small room and bathroom but perfect if all you are doing is sleeping in your room. Only drawback is the free Wi-Fi is a hassle, requires sign-up and they have to give you vouchers. Kind of a pain.

1  Thank joaniejr
GM_Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your previous stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read that our hotel met your expectations in terms of cleanliness and location as it is what Tune Hotels is all about, always providing our guests with spotless environment, excellent location and extremely competitive prices in central London.

I am really sorry to read that you experienced some problems to connect to our WIFI service. It is set up in such way in order to ensure maximum network efficiency and security. It also comes with 24/7 tech support, which are happy to help with any queries – big or small.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights. Great location,rooms are adequate, safe, clean, modern and literally minimal. Reception staff is helpful. Booked through hotels.com so the price included wifi, towels and TV and I had a room with a window. No breakfast offered at the hotel, however there is an Espresso bar next to the reception area and several cafes and restaurants in the area, as well as a 24 hours Tesco Express just across the street. Considering its location,2 underground stations nearby, the Heathrow Express and a great Bus Network vs the price I have paid I would definately stay there again but not on a business trip!. There is no desk in the room, no armchair no cupboard...no space to work at all.It is a sensible and convenient choice.

Room Tip: some rooms do not have windows
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to leave your feedback!

I am happy to read that your stay was comfortable and our location was convenient for you.

However, I am sorry to read that our room’s layout could be not suitable for you on a business trip. Our rooms don’t have a cupboard or armchair but they are specially designed for those savvy travellers that value comfort and convenience, and spend most of the time exploring the great metropolis that is London.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff members. They are really pleased to know their hard work go noticed.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just came back from London and stayed here for 3 nights. Overall, Tune Hotel Paddington has a great location - close to Paddington and Edgware Road Tube stations, and also near to Oxford Street (can take a bus). We stayed on the 3rd floor so it was quiet, except the low rumbling of the underground train which was acceptable. The room was small but v clean and I liked the shower. The hotel staff were also friendly and helpful. Nearby there's a supermarket, Marks & Spencer and a few Costa Coffees, so it is definitely convenient. The only thing I hope can be improved are the pillows as they are very flat.

Nevertheless, I would recommend this hotel to first-time travellers in London!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay in Tune Hotel Paddington!

We try our best to meet our guest’s expectations by providing them clean and comfortable rooms at the best value in a great central location, and I am glad to read that we managed to do so. As highlighted, we are located in privilege area and it sounds like you managed to see and experience a lot of what Paddington and Central London as s whole has to offer.

Also thank you for your kind words towards our team members, we really enjoy delivering great guest experiences and make it as simple and comfortable as possible.

Finally, I am really sorry to read that our pillow made your stay uncomfortable. We provide extra pillows to our guests - simply ask our friendly reception team during your next stay!

We hope to have the chance in the near future to welcome you back!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed in the Tune Hotels Paddington at the beginning of November 2013 for two nights. I found the hotel to be excellent value money, having paid just over £60 per a night. For London I think that's fantastic.

My room was one without windows, so that counts for some of the price. I guess the only drawback from this was being on the lower ground floor. As a result I had a lot of noise from the tube going under the hotel. Obviously that can't be helped but it did detract from the otherwise excellent facilities, which it must be noted were very clean! I didn't bother with any of the 'add-on' services. After all, you're in London so you will probably spend very little time in your hotel room! (the location is excellent, 5 mins from Paddington tube station!)

The check-in process and overall service was very good too. The staff were friendly and extremely welcoming. I took advantage of the luggage storage which I highly recommend if travelling late on checkout day.

Overall, I'd very much recommend this hotel and I'll certainly consider it when next looking for a hotel in Central London.

Room Tip: Higher floors should not have noise from the underground, so consider this when booking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to post such a detail review following your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your feedback.

We always do our best to offer great value in a central location, so I am happy to read we managed to provide you a clean room and comfortable stay at cheap price in central London.

Additionally, our add-ons system is cleverly thought out to guarantee the most competitive prices as you only pay for what you need for a pleasant stay, therefore leaving our guests with more money to spend in London! I am happy you took advantage of it and our luggage storage service was perfect for you to enjoy your last day in the centre.

Also thank you for mentioning our front desk team service. They always work hard to offer a friendly and efficient service to all our guests.

Thank you once again for your recommendations to others and we hope to welcome you back soon again!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We had 7 nights stay in Tune Hotel Paddington. Before booking this hotel, we already aware about the extra charges on any added things eg. tv, hairdryer, safety box, WIFI etc. The location is fantastic, only 5 mins walk to Paddington tube station & Rail station. Definitely convenience for those who need to take Heathrow Connect or Heathrow Express to airport. Post office & Tesco Express 24 hours just opposite the hotel. There are many restaurants and fast food (kfc, mcd, burger king & subway) along the road. Although there is no kettle in the room, we can get hot water from the reception counter. The room was clean. However, the bed was not comfortable especially the pillows. Besides that, we can hear the noise when others close their room doors.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing backyard, request for more pillows (if no any extra charges)
1  Thank Vintage_lover88

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a feedback following your previous stay in Tune Hotel Paddington.

First of all, I am sorry if our beds didn’t provide you the comfort expected. We aim to provide only the highest levels of comfort and all of our properties are fitted with the highest quality Hypnos mattresses. Moreover, we do provide extra pillows – simply ask our friendly reception team, who will be more than happy to assist you at any time of the day.

Secondly, it is a pleasure to read that our hotel was suitable for your needs, especially our location, just few minutes walking to the main street, Oxford Street, and surrounded by many restaurants, bars and cafes where you could have a fabulous time to relax after a long day in the centre. Moreover, our high standards of cleanliness are something we are really proud of.

Finally, sorry to read that the noise caused by other guests inconvenienced you during quiet hours. While we try to do our upmost to ensure everyone gets good night’s sleep, some guests can be just a bit inconsiderate. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently. Dont get me wrong. The hotel is cheap and very clean for London but it is very basic and you have to pay extra for everything. Towels, TV, safe, hair dryer, all in the room but you have to pay to have them activated !! Paying £4 a day to have the TV activated, come on !! Would think twice about staying again as even most other basic hotels have better facilities for similar or same prices.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Portchester-Tourist
GM_Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a feedback.

I am deeply sorry to read that our concept didn’t meet your expectations and it was not suited to your personal preference.

As we are a limited service hotel, we provide the basics for a good night sleep while also offering our guests optional add-ons, like the towels, TV, WiFi, Safe and hairdryer. We strongly believe in empowering our customers to design their own stay and only pay for the extras that you they need, hence leaving more money for a great night out in Central London!

I truly hope you will give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Normally, I stay in the Victoria Station area of London, but circumstances of travel found that a Paddington Station-area hotel would work best.

This hotel is clean and a 5-minute walk from Paddington Station. You can easily reach this property from Heathrow via the Heathrow Express rail service.

The oddities I encountered included the odd sewer smell by the elevator, spotty housekeeping service (why was my room serviced the last night before I checked out, but not the previous 3?) and the weirdo WiFi that sort of sometimes worked but most of the time was stubborn.

The bathroom was clean, but the mirror in our room was a couple feet back from the sink. Made putting in contact lenses a bit awkward.

Beds are comfy. Had no issue sleeping here. The room was quiet and relaxing.

The staff I encountered was wonderfully hospitable. I loved how attentive they were with making espresso drinks, which is a nice feature of this hotel.

It is a good value, but the surrounding neighbourhood is a bit dull, in my opinion. There are more interesting parts of London and it felt like forever traveling to Westminster, Trafalgar Square, etc. even by Tube, which is a five minute walk away.

Would I stay here again? Sure, if my needs involved traveling in or out of Paddington Station. Otherwise, I'll look for hotels that are bit more convenient for sightseeing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_Tune_Paddington, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay in Tune Hotel Paddington.

Myself and my team are happy to read you have enjoyed London and our location. We are based in vibrant Paddington area, where you can encounter a melting pot of cultures. Paddington can offer it’s vibrant mixture of cuisines as well as easy access to London’s West End and Oxford street. In fact, most of our guests chose to stay with us due to fax of how close we are to all key sightseeing spots. We also have discount deals with some of the local restaurants and cafés – just ask our friendly reception team on how you can benefit! We will also be able to help you with various shuttle services to all main London Airports.

We are happy to read that you have also had good night’s sleep and noticed our highest quality Hypnos mattresses. Our main aim here is to provide high quality, comfortable stay at great prices. While our rooms are designed for savvy, money saving travellers, we strongly believe that cleanliness, good quality and great customer service is the key to ensuring our customers will be coming back to us in the future.

As a hotel chain that aims to provide value accommodation, we are also strongly committed in protecting the environment. As explained in all of our guest literature, by default we clean our rooms after 3rd night of stay, hence saving unnecessary waste of energy and resources. Customers can, of course, get rooms cleaned more often, you would simply need to speak to our friendly front desk team.

I have also noticed you have mentioned having had some issues with our WiFi provider, BitBuzz. We chose them as our partners due to high level of service quality as well as 24/7 tech support. Both of our teams are at your disposal and are ready to help with any query you might have. In most cases, it’s just a simple setting than can be changed to improve quality of the service. Let us know should you have any issues upon your stay with us next time.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Liutauras Vaitkevicius