“No complaints; an excellent stay”

Point A Hotel, London Paddington
Ranked #265 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked Tune through Hotels.com, which meant that towels, TV, and wifi were included in the total price--a nice bonus! It's nothing fancy, but you can't beat it for the price and location. 5 minutes' walk from Paddington and Edgware Rd stations, giving good access to Bakerloo, Circle/District, and Hammersmith and City lines. Walking distance to shops on Oxford St (actually, the weather was good, so I did a lot of walking--best way to see the city, in my opinion!).

The room was big for London, which was great. The shower was absolutely amazing. Super clean, relatively quiet considering my room faced the street, and good 24-hr front desk/security. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nora W
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

It is great to hear such positive feedback about the concept and the facilities that we offer and our central location. It is also very motivating to hear that we fulfilled all of your requirements and upheld our usual high standards in comfort, cleanliness, convenience and customer service.

We look forward to welcome again at Tune Paddington.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. You should know I am picky about hotels and I spent weeks trying to find a good budget hotel and I was not disappointed at all. It was very very clean which is really important to me. Very convenient location. It's about a 3 minute walk to Edgeware Road Tube Station, which connects to three different lines making access to every part of the city very easy. There is also a Tesco Express right across the street. This came in handy for breakfast and picking up drinks everyday. Trust me Tesco is the best part of London!
As for the hotel itself:
- great service
- really nice shower with amazing showerhead
- everything seemed new and in really good condition, very clean bedding
- safe luggage storage in a locked room that guests cannot access at reception
- nice size room, definitely worth paying more for a window

Our only problem was we were next to the storage or break room so we could hear them going in and out all night long, but after the first few nights I didn't notice it anymore. Overall I loved the hotel too much for that to bother me.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I ever travel back to London!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tardis03
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay at Tune Hotel Paddington.
I am really pleased to read you enjoyed your overall stay and found it suitable for your needs.

Our location is one of our greatest strengths, located between Edgware Road and Paddington stations, and within walking distance from Oxford Street.

Moreover, I am glad to know you found our rooms clean and comfortable, equipped with a good power shower. We aim to provide guests with a good night sleep and your comments show we have managed to do so.

I am sorry for the noise you experienced coming from the storage room; I can assure you that I have personally spoken to the night staff to ensure this won’t happen again.

We really hope to welcome you back on another occasion.

Stella
Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on my way home from my Europe vacation. Excellent location within walking distance to paddington station (Heathrow express to the airport runs from here). Room was clean and modern. Ask for a room on the high floor if you are a light sleeper as the rooms on the lower ground floor maybe noisy due to the vibration from the underground train. I would also suggest paying extra for the TV+wifi+safe+hairdryer and towel. Well worth the money. Considering the hotel rates in London, this is a good bargain as the rooms are decent size, clean and very modern.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Tune Paddington.

We are thrilled to read that you were pleased with your stay. Indeed our location is second to none, in close proximity to Paddington station. We aim to provide clean and comfortable rooms, while keeping the rates affordable in central London and we are glad to know you found us convenient for your stay.

We hope to see you again at Tune Paddington.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very modern and we felt very comfortable during our stay! Perfect location for what we needed it for! We will probably return next time we are in the Capital! Close tube station which means you can get out and about very easily.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall stay. Our location is indeed second to none, between Paddington and Edgware Road stations, with a non-stop connection from and to Heathrow Airport, from Paddington Station.

We are looking forward to welcome you again on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very much like any other Tune hotel. Modern, clean, comfortable, quiet and air conditioned. These are essentials when you have to spend any time in central London. Any extras such as towels, WiFi, TV or hair dryer you need to pay for. This part is the same review as I have put in for 3 of the other Tune hotels I've stayed in.

The Paddington location is little more quieter than the others. It has it's own coffee shop and is very handy for the tube (Edgeware Road or Paddington). For shopping the Tesco store is across the road. If you want to travel by foot you can get to central London through the Royal Parks.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to know our limited service concept was suitable for your needs and it is rewarding to read that you found consistency between the Tune hotels you visited. Our location it is one of our greatest strengths, with excellent transport services nearby and within walking distance from Oxford Circus and Hyde Park.

We hope to welcome you again on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel is conveniently located in Central London, very close to Oxford Street and walking distance to Hyde Park. It is very easy and very fast to get to from the airport via Heathrow Express. A tube station nearby gets you wherever you need to go. There is a also a Marks and Spencer footsteps away. Room is very small but if you just need a clean, decent, place to crash, then look no more!

Room Tip: Get a Twin Bedded room instead of the Double one as it is a bit spacier. We did that and pushed the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tune_Paddington, Stella at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am very pleased that you found the hotel to be conveniently located, clean and comfortable as this is what we aim to provide.
As you pointed out, Tune Hotel Paddington is situated in a strategic location, within walking distance to Hyde Park and Oxford Street and to Paddington Station, where you can get the Heathrow Express trains.
We really hope to welcome you back!

Stella
Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for a weekend of cricket-watching and sightseeing with my wife, having stayed in other Tune hotels before. Conveniently located for the Underground and in an area well-served by pubs, cafes, restaurants and bars, the Tune suited our purposes ideally. 20 minutes walk from Lords with an M & S nearby to buy our goodies. The nearby Green Man pub is highly recommended for beers and burgers. The hotel is pretty much exactly the same as every other Tune that I've stayed in - small but clean and comfortable rooms, friendly and efficient staff and excellent value for London. If you don't like the concept, stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for highlighting our fantastic location with great transport links to all attractions in London and with a great variety of places to eat. Tune Hotel’s aim is to provide value-for-money rooms and comfy beds in central London and it’s great to read that we have succeeded in this. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff being efficient and friendly - the team is indeed one of the greatest assets of the hotel and I am pleased we helped you to have a great time in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Kind regards,