“Basic needs met well”

Point A Hotel, London Paddington
Ranked #265 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you are open to different experience from traditional hotel options and hospitality, then try this option. Clean, safe and great location near major rail hub, this hotel is basic but if you are just using it for rest after long travel tourist days I think it works well. Be aware ahead of time that it's an a la carte type system where you pay for "extras" which are routine at other hotels. Educate yourself ahead of time to determine what is a want vs. a need for your style of travel. Cost controls keep nightly rate in London affordable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tune_Paddington, Stella at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review regarding your recent stay at Tune Paddington.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your overall stay and were happy with our limited service concept.

I am glad to know you found our rooms clean and comfortable and our location was suitable for your needs.

We really hope to welcome you back in the future!

Kind Regards,

Stella

Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a birthday surprise trip to London in March 2013. It only cost something like £130 for 2 or 3 nights which is a bargain for London. Hotel was basic but provided everything you need for a sightseeing trip.

After arriving, we were allocated a huge room. However, after I had a shower, the fire alarm in the room went off. Reception told me it was my fault because I had sprayed perfume (which I hadn't). They turned the alarm off. As soon as my partner has a shower, the alarm went off again. We were finally moved to another room, however it was so tiny!

Was in a good location opposite Tesco and near the tube station.

Room Tip: Have a room with windows
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us your valuable feedback and for choosing us for a special occasion. Our rooms have the necessary for a good night sleep, allowing us to keep rates low in central London and I am glad to know you found us good value for money.

I am sorry to hear you were disturbed by the refrigerant leak alarm, as you may understand this is a safety measure and it’s provided for the benefit of all the guests. However, I am glad our staff managed to move you to another room which was available at the time.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you again at Tune Paddington.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked this for a city break with friends, and we were on a budget so booked a windowless room. Was strange to begin with but didn't feel enclosed or claustrophobic once....actually got a great nights sleep because of it! Hotel is clean and simple, perfect for a break where all we wanted was a bed to sleep in! Great location also! Would defiantly use again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion with other travellers about the fantastic experience you had in our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we impressed you with our high level of cleanliness, central location and unbeatable value we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you again on another occasion.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our first time in Tune Hotels and we´re very happy to stay here. Nice room (318), good size, nice bed, clean room & bathroom. Location was also good ..... easy to hop to bus or tube. Around there´s many restaurants, bars and opposite of hotel 24/7 Tesco. We paid "extra" for TV, WIFI and towels ...... WIFI didn´t work that good of couple of days but this just this hotel´s concept so I´m not complaining about it. Good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback highlighting our main aims as clean rooms and good location.

We really appreciate the time and effort spent to leave your comments and we are really proud to read that we managed to provide you a pleasant stay.

Sorry for the Wi-Fi issues you experience during your stay, I hope this doesn't deter you from returning in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Typical low-cost hotel in which you have to pay extra for everything (keeping luggage, toiletries, towels, tv, wifi, early check-in...). Anyways, location is excellent (Paddington is a lovely and pretty safe area) and everything was really clean. There are plenty of pubs, supermarkets and fast food restaurants near the hotel. Also, a 24 hour Tesco is located in front of the hotel. There is only a 5 minute walk to Paddington station and a 3 minute walk to Edgware Road metro station. Our only mistake was to choose a room without windows because it was a bit cheaper. JUST DON'T DO THAT. These rooms are located in the basement and we didn't realize that, obviously, the underground is extremely close to it. Despite the bed being comfy, it was difficult to sleep well with the underground noise and vibration. During our last day, there was a weird smell in this floor, garbage-like, which I assume was because of the stormy weather. We informed the staff so, hopefully, they did something about it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tune_Paddington, Stella at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review regarding your recent stay at Tune Hotel Paddington.
First of all, I am really glad to read you found our location perfect for your needs and our hotel very clean, as these are some of our main focus areas.
Tune Paddington is surrounded by plenty of pubs, supermarkets, restaurants and situated between two underground stations, which makes getting around London easy and convenient. Moreover, you can walk to some of the city’s touristic hotspots such as Oxford Street, Hyde Park, Little Venice, Madame Tussauds and London West end theatre district.
However, I was truly sorry to read that your stay was not fully satisfactory. Due to our central location, you may occasionally hear the tube noise, as specified on our website, although we have tried to keep noise to a minimum by following the latest building regulations.

I really hope you will consider to visit us in the future!

Kind Regards,
Stella
Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had an awful stay here. I am accustomed to budget hotels, but this was a joke. I didn't get a wink of sleep. The hotel itself is clean enough and bog standard room but the pipes run above all of the rooms on the basement floor which is the vast majority of the rooms. I did not sleep at all. They sound like a train is running over head every 4-5 minutes. So unless you are totally blotto you can't sleep a wink! I complained 3 times but they had no rooms to move us to. It was outrageous. I would never, ever stay here or recommend anybody to stay here. They said they advertised the pipe noise on their website but I cannot see it. They didn't give a refund.If you read my other reviews you can see I am pretty nice and fair but this was just a joke. Why have a hotel you can't actually sleep in?! Paddington is also not the best area to stay in after dark, it's pretty dodgy in case you haven't stayed in this area before. Pay an extra £20-30 to stay in a nice hotel which doesn't have these issues, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: If you must stay here make sure to ask for one on the first floor!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bindybee
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your email and for highlighting the cleanness of our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good night's sleep when staying with us. The hotel has been built by only the highest standards and specially designed sound panels have been installed right under the building. However, as specified under the room description on our official Tune Hotels website, noise from the trains may occasionally filter through the rooms as we are located between two main train stations.

We are located in a popular Paddington area, which means that there is a lot of public transport movement all around us. This also means that you can walk to some of the city’s touristic hotspots such as Oxford Street, Hyde Park, Little Venice, Madame Tussauds and London West end theatre district.

I do hope you will consider Tune Hotels for any future stays in London

Cristian Rodriguez,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The rooms in hotel was immaculately clean. Bed was comfy and room was spacious. If you are a light sleeper then you might want to avoid sleeping in the basement rooms as you could hear the tube trains passing regularly.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in basement rooms unless you are a sound sleeper :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review you shared with other travellers. We were pleased to read your compliments about the comfort and cleanness of our rooms. Unfortunately, due to our central location noise from the tube may filter through the rooms although, we have tried to keep noise to a minimum by following the latest building regulations.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.